Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PotatoSmashers '04 Subaru Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow i love legacy`s, especially the turbo`s
    i own one, but it doesn`t looks nearly as good as yours and was probably much more expensive
    Check out my ride:

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...y-Legacy-Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
      You can buy mine for $1,000... haha I find all my Subaru stuff through SubyClub, awesome forum with awesome people. Liberty.asn is also helpful, but the people are a little less friendly.
      I just bought new Toyo's a couple of months ago so I think I'll wait until I need new tyres again and then look for some new rims.
      1982 Toyota Corolla KE70 - Build Thread
      2004 Subaru Liberty Sedan EJ25 5sp Manual - Current Daily Thread
      1994 Toyota Corolla Hatch Csi Ltd. 4AFE 4sp Auto - Sold 25/01/13
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by riff2 View Post
        wow i love legacy`s, especially the turbo`s
        i own one, but it doesn`t looks nearly as good as yours and was probably much more expensive
        After the Gen 4 Liberty's the series that you own is my next favorite. Being a wagon makes it look more boss too, I think the OZ wheels go well with it. Also eventually when I am off P's plates I'd like to change over to the turbo version of my car
        sigpic

Comment

Still would rather the 3.0r over the turbo
          Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
          TT's suck balls, go single and celebrate life.
          Quoted for the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by DacerX View Post
            Still would rather the 3.0r over the turbo
            That's quite a debate for me also, they both have almost identical 0-100 times. The reason I sway towards the turbo version is you still get impressive power with the fuel economy of a 4 cylinder.
            sigpic

Comment

I will bet that i get better ecomomy out of a 6 cyc than a 4. At crusie im ticking over at 2100 rpm and then turbo is about 2700rpm. Last trip i did i got 700km to a tank
              Quoted for the Truth

Comment

I will bet that i get better economy out of a 6 cyc than a 4. At crusie im ticking over at 2100 rpm and then turbo is about 2700rpm. Last trip i did i got 700km to a tank
                Don't forget that the 3.0R comes with a 6 speed. The 2.0 and 2.5 only come in a 5 speed, manual versions. Personally for my commute to work it wouldn't be more efficient purely because I don't cruise at 80 - 100kph, more 50 - 60kph with lots of traffic lights. But to be honest I think my driving style dictates it more then anything
                sigpic

Comment

No the 3.0r B spec comes in a manual all the rest are auto, and mines auto and im getting that mileage
                  Quoted for the Truth

Comment

No the 3.0r B spec comes in a manual all the rest are auto, and mines auto and im getting that mileage
                    That seems really good mileage for an auto version of one of these cars. So the only manual version with the 3.0 is the Spec B?
                    sigpic

Comment

thank god we don`t have limitations like your p plates here
                      i wouldn`t give up my turbo, i love boost. the only bad thing is that when the boost goes up the fuel goes down immediately
                      Check out my ride:

http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...y-Legacy-Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ThePotatoSmasher View Post
                        That seems really good mileage for an auto version of one of these cars. So the only manual version with the 3.0 is the Spec B?
                        Yip all other 3L is a auto and its the new 5 speed auto not the slush box 4 speed of the old days.
                        Quoted for the Truth

Comment

Yip all other 3L is a auto and its the new 5 speed auto not the slush box 4 speed of the old days.
                          That's one thing that turned me off the auto because everything I had read on them said the 4 speed was crap
                          sigpic

Comment

4sp sure is crap, I own one. The only redeeming factor is the "semi-auto" mode, so I can change gears when I want to, rather than waiting on the auto to finally realise its time for a new gear.

Comment

So as you know I have Fusion subwoofers in this car at the moment however I was able to pick up some Soundstream subs brand new off a mate because he didn't end up using them. The subs are the same power so I'll be able to keep the current amplifier, but Soundstream is a better made sub then Fusion and they will be brand new. By the time I got the Fusion subs they had already been in 2 cars so they weren't exactly fresh. Anyway I think they look cooler too, picture below

sigpic

Comment

The new sub looks good, my brothers got a 15'' Soundstream sub and man that thing is crazy.
                                sigpic
                                MY R31 SKYLINE WAGON: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-Skyline-Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X