Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PotatoSmashers '04 Subaru Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PotatoSmashers '04 Subaru Liberty

I've been on this forums for some time now and am already on my second car since. The first car I never bothered to put anything up about it so I'm going to put in the effort this time.

This is my car, 2004 Subaru Liberty Sedan EJ25 5sp Manual

It's as stock as can be but I'm gradually doing a few subtle things. However I am open to idea's, I've been thinking of changing the rear mufflers to more free flowing ones (not cannons ). Later down the track I would like to but bigger cams in it but that's a long way off. There are aftermarket cams out there for the EJ25 but some are turbo specific so I have to do some more research first
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ThePotatoSmasher; 20-01-2013, 11:11 AM.
    1982 Toyota Corolla KE70 - Build Thread
    2004 Subaru Liberty Sedan EJ25 5sp Manual - Current Daily Thread
    1994 Toyota Corolla Hatch Csi Ltd. 4AFE 4sp Auto - Sold 25/01/13
    sigpic

looks good man, keep it clean, and you should try to fit a full length exhaust system rather than just mufflers if you can afford it.

Comment

Welcome to the club of Naturally Aspirated Subarus. I wouldn't recommend you do much engine modifications because its a waste of money on a NA subaru. You end up spending a fortune for little gains. make it look great, sound great, and handle great. Then you'll have a winner of a car. If you like the burble of subaru engines i'd recommend Unequal Length Headers as a good upgrade along with a nice exhaust. Very nice car to work on though. I've always loved the look of that gen liberty
      1985 Alfa Romeo 33 - race car
      Current 1986 Alfa Romeo Sprint 1.7 - race car
      Current 2000 Subaru Impreza RX - daily driver

Comment

Any idea's how much a full exhaust and headers would be? I certainly wouldn't mind hearing the flat 4 come out a little more
        sigpic

Comment

Awww ye. Same as mine, except colour and transmission. Exhaust was the first thing I changed, don't recommend 2x 4" cannons though. A nice 2.25/2.5 system will be much nicer albeit more expensive. I'd recommend changing the grille, maybe Corazon or just mod the standard, hell maybe even just wrap the chrome wings. If you want more advice/ideas you can try http://forum.liberty.asn.au, its a gen 4/5 dominated forum with lots of handy people and threads.

Comment

The previous owner had attempted to paint the calipers red but must of used a cheap paint or whatever. Most of it could be scraped of with your fingernail and looked terrible. So I had some left over black VHT Engine Enamel from when I did the Corollas Rocker Cover and decided to redo them with that. I couldn't ask for better results.

Certainly cleaned the look of the wheels up, and yes I know you will go mad on me because VHT Engine Enamel isn't rated for the potential temperatures that brake calipers can achieve. But I will only ever drive this car on the road to and from work. So the temperature rating of this paint will still be sufficient enough for the temperatures my brakes will reach
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
              Awww ye. Same as mine, except colour and transmission. Exhaust was the first thing I changed, don't recommend 2x 4" cannons though. A nice 2.25/2.5 system will be much nicer albeit more expensive. I'd recommend changing the grille, maybe Corazon or just mod the standard, hell maybe even just wrap the chrome wings. If you want more advice/ideas you can try http://forum.liberty.asn.au, its a gen 4/5 dominated forum with lots of handy people and threads.
              I'll certainly have a look
              sigpic

Comment

Nice suby my friend. As far as exhaust, look around for used parts. I got my full exhaust Borla UEL and a N1 catback for 200 USD

Comment

Looks awesome mate! I love the 4GEN's, Subaru went so wrong with the 5GEN. Sounds like some good plans to. Congrats mate
                  MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                  Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                  Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                  Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                  Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                  MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Other plans I've thrown around is possibly a short shifter, I've also thought about black OZ Racing Alleggerita wheels but I'm having a hard time deciding if they would look good or not. Another option would be painting the factory wheels either black or a gunmetal grey, however I'm worried it might be too much black...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThePotatoSmasher View Post
                      Other plans I've thrown around is possibly a short shifter, I've also thought about black OZ Racing Alleggerita wheels but I'm having a hard time deciding if they would look good or not. Another option would be painting the factory wheels either black or a gunmetal grey, however I'm worried it might be too much black...
                      I saw a Black Lib like yours the other day with gunmetal grey rims, looked awesome! Anything would look great though.
                      MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                      Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                      MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Very clean Liberty dude. My parents bought one of these new, lovely car.
                        sigpic
                        _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

Took some snaps today, not pro quality by any means. Just the best with what my phone could do.

sigpic

Comment

Hey mate, what's the 0-100 like in this thing and the power? What's it like compared to the 3.0???
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingtube69 View Post
                              Hey mate, what's the 0-100 like in this thing and the power? What's it like compared to the 3.0???
                              2.5 Manual - [email protected], 9.3 sec to 100
                              3.0 Manual - [email protected], 6.9 sec to 100

So the 3.0 is heaps faster but it's hard to realistically achieve those times in a manual AWD anyway, because you have to take off slower otherwise you'll cook the clutch. Either of these cars would probably be better in Automatic because of this, however I just looked at the automatic version of the 2.5 and it's a full second slower to 100 then the manual. But that would be my reasoning. While the 3.0 is a lot faster the fuel economy drops to crap and used ones are still very expensive, around 15k for a good one. I got mine in mint condition for about 10k so for me the 3.0 wasn't even considered because of my budget.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X