Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new day, a new DC5R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new day, a new DC5R

Just picked up a 2001 Honda Integra Type R DC5. After two long weeks of trying to get the price down, it finally happened. I cried on the inside and said to myself, "this is almost better than going on a date with Katy Perry"

Anyway, got it home (About a few blocks away ) and as many of you may know, when you do the fabled "automotive archaeology" inspection, you discover how much of a sleazy and reckless life it led:

-Brake booster/ master cylinder was leaking
    -Rust appearing after only being alive for 11 years (I'VE SEEN AE86's with less rust than this)
    -Battery tray non-existent
    -Incorrect battery installed (WHO THE EGG BUYS A HUGE ASS BATTERY FOR THEIR DC5?)
    -Short ram intake (I'm not a believer of its merits, I'm more concerned about the heatsoak)
    -Ad said 2.4" catback exhaust with headers. I find it to be a 3" catback which could put out ears if you hit vtec.
    - Seems to have been resprayed recently (Accident probably). Overspray everywhere =_= They were lucky it was championship white

- I'm discovering new faults with it every day

The good thing was, the engine and gearbox still pulled pretty strong which was a good tipping point for me to buy the car. Many a night I've seen DC5Rs being thrashed and modded to the extreme.

I thought this car was just going to be a nice daily for me to lightly mod to my liking. Oh how wrong I was. It's more like a project car now which I pour money into.

Here are some pics after vacuuming. It was that bad I couldn't show you guys what it was like dirty. I'm about clean interiors and clean engine bays.

Last edited by Banana_booster; 27-01-2013, 05:45 PM.
    http://codegen.tumblr.com

My Honda Integra Type R

I smoked your V8 and you called me a cheater? You're just mad you can't catch a 2 litre.

Originally posted by milkchicken
    Drive like everyone else out there is out to kill you

Yeees.

Originally posted by ThePossum
    Its always made me feel uneasy, like I'm about to get bent over a pool table and take an exhaust, in my exhaust.
    Originally posted by blitz
    make it low with some stance
    Originally posted by Cal
    I miss him, now we can only comment on each others facebook statuses saying each other are gay
    Moist.

Comment

Oh shit man that looks great! Have fun with it

Comment

Looks good but its sad to hear the problems with it. Good luck to it all and im looking forward to this thread
        MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
        Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
        Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
        Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
        Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
        MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Look at all the comments on your new ride Banana, you must be a popular guy!

Wait, what's that? I'm supposed to post something of substance? Well, alright...

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Honda.

Comment

That's so nice dude, I know how much over-spray sucks when it's on your car. Hope you get it all fixed up and get to enjoy all the vtec maaadness
            Last edited by MadeinJapan; 27-01-2013, 07:36 PM.
            sigpic
            _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

Very nice. Looks like fun
              sigpic

Comment

A new day, a new DC5R

Pop Le vtec homie.

Looks like a great buy! I'll stay tuned for updates
                sigpic
                My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                Click here for the MCM Shop
                Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
                "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
                -Michael Jordan

Comment

Re: A new day, a new DC5R

Thanks guys. I love project cars even if they do take up cash. I've spent a full day on damage control today. I'll post updates when I'm not knee deep in overspray

My Honda Integra Type R

I smoked your V8 and you called me a cheater? You're just mad you can't catch a 2 litre.

Comment

nice car ,like the red recaro's, MAAAAAAAAAAAAD car
                    SENT FROM THE NISMO BADGE ON MY MICRA

Comment

Nice! this makes me really miss my DC5. A set of JDM type-r wheels would be epic.
                      HellaStock...Resale is Everything?

Comment

That looks pretty mint... Still trying to get a standard zorst?
                        Now drives a girl's car
                        Originally posted by ThePossum
                        Furious masturbation, the cure to all life's problems, passes time nicely too.
                        Originally posted by Squirt
                        And BIGZED, phwoar. He is 1 cheeky kunt m8. I could easy wrek him 1v1.
                        Originally posted by LikeABoss
                        Welcome to the bogan side, heres your complimentary can of VB, a kick to mouth to remove most of your teeth and a makita angle grinder for that extra low.

Comment

Re: A new day, a new DC5R

Originally posted by BIGZED View Post
                          That looks pretty mint... Still trying to get a standard zorst?
                          Thanks bud. Yeah I've already paid for one to be sent my way. Hopefully by the end of the week. Long list of stuff to do before it's safe to drive on the street.

My Honda Integra Type R

Comment

I like it. Clean as f**k, I bet the VTEC goes BWAAAAAAHHHH.
                            MY06 Black STi WRX

Comment

Looks clean and tidy and in the correct colors. I'm guessing you didn't get an RAA inspection on it though?

Can't wait to see it smoke my V8
                              3.7L VQ37VHR Nissan 370z(The Raptor)
                              5.7L LS1 VY Calais (The Brontosaurus) → FOR SALE ←

Comment

Working...
                              X