Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PotatoSmashers '82 Toyota KE70 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
    Yeah chuck up a pic. Sounds like you know what you're doing I was gonna say to use a socket and a hammer. You're doing that without compressing the spring yeah?
    Yeah I tried hitting the socket to try break the tension before using the tool. It's not a difficult task they are just really f*cking tight. This picture shows the top of the valves, you can see the two halves and they "should" just pop out.

1982 Toyota Corolla KE70 - Build Thread
    2004 Subaru Liberty Sedan EJ25 5sp Manual - Current Daily Thread
    1994 Toyota Corolla Hatch Csi Ltd. 4AFE 4sp Auto - Sold 25/01/13
    sigpic

Comment

• I'll put some detailed photos up tomorrow of the ones that I did get out, might give some clues.
      sigpic

Comment

• I can never think straight when I need to! >.< Well atleast when I did the ones on mine I cracked the seal like you said, but instead of a spring compressor I used like a clamp that held on the valve and pushed the spring down. If you know what I mean, that just pushed down the spring keeping the valve in it's place and the things came out easy, picked up with a little magnet.

Are you compressing the spring and the valve/retainers holding on?
        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

I can never think straight when I need to! >.< Well atleast when I did the ones on mine I cracked the seal like you said, but instead of a spring compressor I used like a clamp that held on the valve and pushed the spring down. If you know what I mean, that just pushed down the spring keeping the valve in it's place and the things came out easy, picked up with a little magnet.

Are you compressing the spring and the valve/retainers holding on?
          I have seen those tools and I tossed up between the two. The tool I have compresses the spring and I can lock it into place and the valve opens, I can then tap the valve with the wooden end of a hammer to push it back through, however the retainers still don't pop, the spring comes out of it's seat instead
          sigpic

Comment

• Just some up close pictures of the valve springs and retainers.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePotatoSmasher View Post
              I have seen those tools and I tossed up between the two. The tool I have compresses the spring and I can lock it into place and the valve opens, I can then tap the valve with the wooden end of a hammer to push it back through, however the retainers still don't pop, the spring comes out of it's seat instead
              Yeah just sounds like they're very sticky using that little spring compressor sounds like a pain :/ doesn't help having the valve move with the spring/retainers. Try cleaning/blowing out the shit around the retainers then give it another shot I guess.
              $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
              $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Yeah just sounds like they're very sticky using that little spring compressor sounds like a pain :/ doesn't help having the valve move with the spring/retainers. Try cleaning/blowing out the shit around the retainers then give it another shot I guess.
                Eh I've been at it for a few days it just being a real c*nt at the moment.
                sigpic

Comment

• Kieellllll

wtf why aren't our 4A's running yet?
                  Originally posted by MOOG
                  Super Weasel Piss - sounds like its worth trying!
                  Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
                  what is the US version of a cressida?

Comment

Working...
                  X