Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PotatoSmashers '82 Toyota KE70 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a few pieces back in. Starting to get a bit of an idea of what it will look like.

1982 Toyota Corolla KE70 - Build Thread
    2004 Subaru Liberty Sedan EJ25 5sp Manual - Current Daily Thread
    1994 Toyota Corolla Hatch Csi Ltd. 4AFE 4sp Auto - Sold 25/01/13
    sigpic

Comment

Could always use sheet metal for the door trims too, very popular for stripped out track cars. I'm sure you could make it look somewhat decent in the KE. Looking good so far man, keep it up.

Comment

Cool build man i like the way your going with it, are you planning on registering it or using it only as a track car?
        sigpic
        MY R31 SKYLINE WAGON: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-Skyline-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by rb26 i wish View Post
          Cool build man i like the way your going with it, are you planning on registering it or using it only as a track car?
          That's still really up in the air, I want to use it on the track but if I build it to comply with a blue slip I don't think I'll actually drive on the road that much. It's a nice idea but it's probably a long way off
          sigpic

Comment

Today's efforts consisted of going to Bunnings and stumbling upon a set of 99 titanium coated drill bits for $25. Seems like a bit of a bargain to me.

Started work on two panels shown below, these will be wrapped in the same carbon fiber vinyl that I used on the switch panel. Should have that done tomorrow.

Used Araldite to glue the carbon fiber panel that I made in place. Highly recommend it, it works really well and reaches full strength quite fast.

Final result, minus the switches.

Also I've decided to not put this piece back in. What it was is a shelf that sat under the glove box.

I'm thinking that I might make some pods for gauges such as oil temp., water temp., etc. and mount them here on a 45 degree angle instead so they point towards the driver.

And I got to put some primer on these pieces which go in the door recess and hold the edge of the carpet etc.

Last edited by ThePotatoSmasher; 17-03-2013, 07:39 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice! good work
              1986 VW Jetta-The Whore!!
              1981 Chevy Silverado-Old Man Style

Into Euro cars? looking for a Euro forum? Check out this site! Join and have a good time chatting!
              http://www.eurovagens.com/

Comment

This thread is full of so much Toyota goodness.
                They told me I could be anything,
                so I became a nugget.

I do Range Rover, Volvo, Peugeot and Jaguar parts for Sydney. I can also help with VW, Honda and BMW parts.

Comment

Originally posted by FER86GTI View Post
                  Nice! good work
                  Originally posted by Nugget View Post
                  This thread is full of so much Toyota goodness.
                  Thanks guys, good to get some appreciation
                  sigpic

Comment

isn't it? it's like motivation!
                    1986 VW Jetta-The Whore!!
                    1981 Chevy Silverado-Old Man Style

Into Euro cars? looking for a Euro forum? Check out this site! Join and have a good time chatting!
                    http://www.eurovagens.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FER86GTI View Post
                      isn't it? it's like motivation!
                      Motivation to buy a KE70!.... one day.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePotatoSmasher View Post
                        Pulled out a new tool I got last week online for about $120. So far it seems like money well spent.

Highly recommend them personally, I've used it a bit this week and I think they are an excellent tool.
                        Dremels are awesome! I used one to help get rid of rust spots on my car. Just gotta be careful not to abuse them, they are pretty temperamental. I know someone who broke 2 of them in one day trying to hack through an aluminum frame :/
                        29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

I've always loved old toy's like this but you have made that love stronger. I miss my two different corollas.
                          Originally posted by [email protected]
                          You don't have to go all out to make american cars decent, you just need to be a decent driver.
                          Originally posted by MrSheep
                          Girls are a crazy bunch, mostly. I swear the factory they're made in has some pretty piss poor Quality Control.

Comment

Hey man, nice work you're doing here!

I also have a KE, but I have not had the time or money yet to get to fixing her up again, but this thread is getting under my skin. I definitely need to make a plan and get started on mine.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                            There are doorways I haven't opened and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer, maybe I should go back!

2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT-B
                            (Ex) 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
                            (Ex) 2004 VW Citigolf 1.4
                            1982 Toyota Corolla 1.3L

Comment

Looks like a lot of work but you've already made a vast improvement, keep it going!
                              sigpic
                              _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

Bro, i love mashed potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X