Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1999 MY00 RX Impreza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 MY00 RX Impreza

Well I've finally had that feeling of buying my own first car
    About 2 weeks ago I negotiated the guy selling it to a bargain of a price and picked the car up that afternoon

It was really clean and pretty much stock apart from the immaculately wired sound system, I did a bit of automotive-electrical archeology to find that everything looks pretty much professionally done which was a big relief because I've seen how bad some can be wired up haha

It also came with full service history and every receipt he ever received in regards to the car (also a big plus)

Its new home:

Random iPhone picture:

Within the first couple days of owning it I got tired of the ride height and decided to paint the 15" ( ) stock subaru wheels

Just went for the typical matte black look.

So I had still had a little bit of money left over from the purchase due to me bargaining so much :P
    This led to the arrival of a big sorta heavy box

What's inside?

Yay for coilovers They are BC Racing BR Type Fully Adjustables, they're great!
    On a funny note, the day I ordered them I went home from the suspension shop and checked my facebook to see that the coilover install video was put out a couple of hours beforehand... Pretty co-incidental :P

Set about installing them as soon as I could, picked them up the day after ordering them, was pretty happy about that

Being the first time I've done a suspension job it took a little longer than expected but they are in fine now
    This is how it sat once they were in

Had only adjusted the height when they weren't installed so the front was a lot more lower than the rear so I fixed that up the following day

I also ordered a STi strut brace that arrived the other day and that was installed in about 5 minutes but don't have any pictures of that
    Car handles pretty good coming from stock so I'm pretty happy with it at the moment

So that's it for now, all I really want at the moment is a sub as the previous owner took his for his new car but left wiring which I was happy enough with

Any suggestions would be great
    Last edited by skraM; 14-03-2013, 01:21 PM.

Suggestions on sub or stuff for the car in general? I'm assuming he took the amp as well? as not much point taking a sub without the amp lol. If its in regards to sub, go pioneer. I have all pioneer and it works great, a little more expensive than other brands but you pay for the quality. If it's stuff in general not really sure what to suggest, other than clear side indicators and exhaust system upgrade (if it hasn't already) lol.

Like the car though, looks pretty neat. Not really a fan of matte b rims only cause they're so overused but it looks alright
    sigpic
    Current Car: N15 LX Pulsar 1998

Comment

That's a really MAAAD Impreza, nice work!
      in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! - Ash @ N12turbo forums

Comment

Not sure if anyone really reads this but oh well haha

Got a mate to take some photos on the weekend and they turned out pretty good

Next step for the car is to get rid of the cheapy 2" exhaust previous owner got installed and get something louder :P

Comment

Awesome photos! Your mate has a very good camera by the looks of these photos! Are these true HDR photos, i.e. composed of multiple shots with different exposure times?
          in all honesty dude these cars are shit but they have so much character, are fun and go fairly well when running right. we still play around with these things because they are a fun addictive little shitbox! - Ash @ N12turbo forums

Comment

Nice car and those photos are great.
            2008 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...im-s-XR6-Turbo
            1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...k-Toy-R33-GTST

Comment

Originally posted by TurboZ_Dude View Post
              Awesome photos! Your mate has a very good camera by the looks of these photos! Are these true HDR photos, i.e. composed of multiple shots with different exposure times?
              Yeah pretty sure they were HDR

Originally posted by Jim View Post
              Nice car and those photos are great.
              Thanks man
              Last edited by skraM; 13-03-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I love your rexy mate! The ride height looks great!
                sigpic
                Disclaimer: anything I say in social thread may be false information, any comments believed show signs of your astounding intelligence.

Organizer for MCM/Rexnet/OzFoz/AMC/JC Cruises & Meet Ups in the Canberra region :3

Comment

Wicked Impreza mate!! exact same model as mine, but mine in navy blue. For mods I'd suggest some sti sway bars to help handling, then a nice exhaust, maybe some nice 17" rims or just some nice rims off a wrx, a cai if you want. apart from those. just make it look nice with maybe clear indicators, jdm taillights, wrx hood, etc. just some random ideas for ya. I just installed a wrx momo steering wheel in mine and it looks and feels 100% better than the stock wheel. Looking forward to your progress and comparing what you do to I will do to my Impreza.
                  1985 Alfa Romeo 33 - race car
                  Current 1986 Alfa Romeo Sprint 1.7 - race car
                  Current 2000 Subaru Impreza RX - daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
                    I love your rexy mate! The ride height looks great!
                    Thanks man really appreciate it

Originally posted by Rorza33 View Post
                    Wicked Impreza mate!! exact same model as mine, but mine in navy blue. For mods I'd suggest some sti sway bars to help handling, then a nice exhaust, maybe some nice 17" rims or just some nice rims off a wrx, a cai if you want. apart from those. just make it look nice with maybe clear indicators, jdm taillights, wrx hood, etc. just some random ideas for ya. I just installed a wrx momo steering wheel in mine and it looks and feels 100% better than the stock wheel. Looking forward to your progress and comparing what you do to I will do to my Impreza.
                    I've actually been looking into like most of things you've just listed haha
                    How's the momo steering wheel going, still got the airbag hooked up?
                    am definitely keen on clear indicators
                    Last edited by skraM; 13-03-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Nice car mate! My first car was a 2002 Impreza, and loved it to bits!

Comment

Coming along nicely keep us updated, i recently got the same car cant wait to start work on it

Comment

yea airbag hooked up and no airbag light so i'm assuming its all good. the wheel came out of a same gen wrx so the plug was the same. don't know about your car but mines got cruise control, but the steering wheel didnt have the hole for it, so i had to make a hole in the side for the cruise control knob to stick out, and modify the cruise control bracket in the steering wheel as it didn't quite fit in the momo, but it all fits and works wonders. if you don't have cruise control its then just straight bolt up 'like 15-20 minutes job. if you got cruise control may take a couple hours as you figure out a way to mount it.
                          1985 Alfa Romeo 33 - race car
                          Current 1986 Alfa Romeo Sprint 1.7 - race car
                          Current 2000 Subaru Impreza RX - daily driver

Comment

As Subaru fan I'm nursing a semi looking at your pics XD, I really want a Legacy B4 but for now I am stuck with a little Toyota Yaris, One day the Legacy B4 will be mine
                            If in doubt, Go Flat-Out
                            sigpic

2005 Toyota Yaris VVTi Strata

Comment

Originally posted by Rorza33 View Post
                              yea airbag hooked up and no airbag light so i'm assuming its all good. the wheel came out of a same gen wrx so the plug was the same. don't know about your car but mines got cruise control, but the steering wheel didnt have the hole for it, so i had to make a hole in the side for the cruise control knob to stick out, and modify the cruise control bracket in the steering wheel as it didn't quite fit in the momo, but it all fits and works wonders. if you don't have cruise control its then just straight bolt up 'like 15-20 minutes job. if you got cruise control may take a couple hours as you figure out a way to mount it.
                              Yeah mine has cruise control and I'd love to get the momo steering wheel. Is the momo the same size as the RX wheel or is it a bit smaller?

Comment

Working...
                              X