Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chi's 180sx N/A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• erchay
    replied
    Originally posted by villain View Post
    Subbing to see it progress.
    Good move with replacing those froggy headlights. If your car comes with pop-ups, why on earth would you get rid of them. They are too cool.
    Thanks dude! Yeah I was pretty shocked at first, don't know what the previous owner was thinking... but since I knew the guy, I think he just threw me ALL his old 180 parts, think he was a bit over it, so that can be fixed, I've always wanted a car with pop up ligths :3 and now so close I still can't get the lights to pop up haha!
    I got wiring loom from a stripped 180 from some dude near sydney, it's all uncut and all the original headlight plugs are intact so I'm going to spend the holidays stripping my car, wiring it, installing the new dash I got, installing aircon heater box, all the works and put it all back together, and IF I have time I might paint it, depends if money will allow...
    Though I might have a seat coming in soon too, pretty keen, will update as we go!
    Last edited by erchay; 18-02-2013, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Subbing to see it progress.
    Good move with replacing those froggy headlights. If your car comes with pop-ups, why on earth would you get rid of them. They are too cool.

Leave a comment:

• MrSheep
    replied
    Two-tone attracts more attention.
    Not that you're driving a non-attention grabbing car anyway, but you know.

Leave a comment:

• erchay
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Not sure, thinking of a straight colour, the two tone is cool though, still deciding, though a flat grey would look stealth, less of a cop issue, but two tone is tough

Leave a comment:

• Kiteal
    replied
    You going to keep that colour scheme or repaint it?

Leave a comment:

• Bradmancanfly
    replied
    sick as man. keen to see how you get on with it!

Leave a comment:

• ohzfinest24
    replied
    That is going to be a badass car. Thank God you got rid of those froggy lights.

Leave a comment:

• Holden Vx
    replied
    **** thats one tough 180 =]

Leave a comment:

• erchay
    started a topic Chi's 180sx N/A

Chi's 180sx N/A

Hey guys! My names Er-Chih and I just started uni/college, I've wanted a 180sx for ever, but I bought a dirty mk4 supra in 2011. Then being a typical P plater, I stacked it and lost both the car and my license as my parents forbid me from rebuilding the supra. Fast forward a couple of years, I'm half way through my suspension, and with a year to go, I've decided to buy a 180sx!
    I saw it advertised of gumtree and jumped on it! As fate would have it, I knew the dude's brother and they lived 5 mins drive away, so after calling some boiz I was able to pick up this car, like all good cars, unregistered and dirty!
    The owner said he has done:
    • complete r33 series 2 rear end conversion
    • 2 spot piston brakes per side
    • r33 s2 handbrake - drum which is best for drift
    • has custom made solid bushes to fit rear end in
    • hicas lock bar
    • adjustable rear camber arms
    • r33 lsd diff
    • front brakes are from r33 4pistons
    • s15 front hubs
    • s15 front lower control arms
    • Rolled and slight flair guards
    • aircon is taken out (It's going back in)

I plan to use the year I have ahead into building me a daily/drift for my P plater days, also to learn knowledge and experience as I've always loved cars but never had the balls to mess with them
    so far the plans are:
    • Headlights!!!! (I bought a whole loom so I think I may rewire the whole car)
    • Clean up interior
    • Moar Low
    • Aircon
    • Rota Grids 16x8 (I can't afford real wheels
    • Respray (Nissan hippo grey is nice, but I'm still deciding what colour)
    • New front bar

(will update as we go)

This was the picture on gumtree

The Night I bought it (sorry for the phone quality camera)

This just makes me happy!

So After I saw the "froggy lights" I wasted no time and started taking them apart on the night, then replaced them with the stock lights, which I have to rewire, also added moar low

It was beached as bro (lol dad behind the car)

Last edited by erchay; 26-04-2013, 08:10 PM. Reason: Crossing the list off! :D
Working...
X