Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STI-Guy's 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STI-Guy's 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STI

STI-Guy's 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STI

Current mods:
    None. Waiting until my warranty expires in a few years because I'm cheap unless you count a wireless Bluetooth receiver...

Planned mods:
    Turboback exhaust (keeping the stock muffler and quad tips), high flow cat, air filters and all that good stuff + tune
    DBA rotors

I really want to get some better shots of the car but the opportunity hasn't yet presented itself.

My old MY2008 Liberty 2.5i.

2007 Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STI
    2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

Originally posted by MOOG
    I like my Forester.

Amazing car! Alough i am a little bias, owning a 2008 Tuned by STi.
    They truly are amazing cars. I like to think of it as audi-like luxury, with wrx performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Prezza View Post
      Amazing car! Alough i am a little bias, owning a 2008 Tuned by STi.
      They truly are amazing cars. I like to think of it as audi-like luxury, with wrx performance.
      Agreed! It's amazing how often people underestimate these things
      2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

I like my Forester.

Comment

Update: Recent roadtrip

Status: Broken big end bearing and the car is out of commission for the moment. /very annoying.
        2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

I like my Forester.

Comment

To be honest, I would rather get one of these than a WRX STi. It looks more mature, and it's also a better sleeper. Too bad the US didn't get the STi version
          29 years old, and still a daily.

Comment

I love these cars. Stealth sleeper look and great to drive

Comment

need the bigger JDM wing, it just makes the car so much better
              Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
              TT's suck balls, go single and celebrate life.
              Quoted for the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by DacerX View Post
                need the bigger JDM wing, it just makes the car so much better
                No STI Legacys came with a wing, they all had the spoilers including the nearly identical S402 STI.

Last edited by STI-Guy; 16-05-2013, 05:48 PM.
                2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

I like my Forester.

Comment

Ooooooh... Why haven't I seen or heard of these before? STi performance wrapped in that sexy Gen4 Legacy shell = <3
                  "I did a SIKKK SKIIIIIDDDD in my turbo-powered lawnmower!" - said by a guy at my school

My Honda (I know...) http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...likeeggs-s-EJ7

Originally posted by KP92
                  Anyone who says YOLO or posts Facebook status' like "I'm so useless, no one likes me. Maybe I should just do it...." OH and guys who have profile pictures of themselves wearing oversized hats, a chain and no top. We don't need those people either.

Comment

Originally posted by ilikeeggs View Post
                    Ooooooh... Why haven't I seen or heard of these before? STi performance wrapped in that sexy Gen4 Legacy shell = <3
                    These were Australia only and the similar S402 STI were 402 units only in Japan. They're sort of a half way mark between a full on STI WRX and the Liberty/Legacy GT. Unfortunately there isn't a ton of information out there for owners and even asking the dealer, they weren't totally sure. From what I can gather from having a look at the vehicles and crawling underneath and what stuff I've found on the internet here are a few differences from the LGT:

Different engine tune and different turbos depending on model year:

Engine:
                    Power output is not quoted officially by Subaru but a mechanic I've talked to thinks it's about 210kw-ish stock, the quoted figure is identical to the regular LGT but a short drive will tell you that it's completely different. Until the current model STI WRX, it was the most powerful production Subaru. The tune and output of the tb STIs differ slightly even year by year. It differs from the WRX in that the centre diff is not adjustable. The SI drive feature comes in 3 settings (more or less power settings), unusably slow, about right and accident inducing throttle response. I think it's got LSDs front and rear as well.

Transmission:
                    Runs the STI 6 speed short shift manual, shorter ratios and interally more solid than the regular 6spd. The autobox versions are the same as the LGT.

Exhaust:
                    A more free flowing quad-tip, twin muffler setup by STI, I think those are unique this car as well. The WRX ones are slightly different.

Suspension:
                    STI pink springs/coilovers with Bilstein dampers
                    Pillowball joints bespoke to this car by STI
                    STI strut brace
                    STI Sways front and rear

Brakes:
                    4 piston Brembos up front (S402 has 6 piston)
                    2 piston Brembos in rear
                    Braided steel brake lines

Wheels and tires:
                    STI Enkei 18" Forged Alloys (S402 has 18" BBS wheels with a slightly wider cross section with a 10mm flare on the wheel arches)
                    Pirelli P Zero Rossos - I don't recommend these, they're far too expensive for the performance they offer.

Exterior:
                    STI front lip
                    STI rear spoiler
                    Slightly different design on the headlights, it's got this weird chrome thingy on the inside edge
                    The S402 was available in Diamond Grey Metallic and the WRC Blue colours. I've only ever seen tb STI in Silver, Grey and Black.

Interior:
                    STI embossed leather seats
                    Momo steering wheel
                    Uniquely coloured miscellaneous trim bits

I'm sure I've missed some stuff, I do want to know more about this thing though, I'm shocked that the dealers know so little about it.
                    Last edited by STI-Guy; 16-05-2013, 06:24 PM.
                    2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

I like my Forester.

Comment

this is a sleeper
                      Your car is an expression of your personality.
                      Handling > Power

Comment

Ahhh alright, thanks for the info, shame they're AU only :/ I guess my only chance to own one would be when I move to Brisbane in a few years to make better money (if I can find one)
                        "I did a SIKKK SKIIIIIDDDD in my turbo-powered lawnmower!" - said by a guy at my school

Anyone who says YOLO or posts Facebook status' like "I'm so useless, no one likes me. Maybe I should just do it...." OH and guys who have profile pictures of themselves wearing oversized hats, a chain and no top. We don't need those people either.

Comment

Ahhh alright, thanks for the info, shame they're AU only :/ I guess my only chance to own one would be when I move to Brisbane in a few years to make better money (if I can find one)
                          You guys have friendlier car laws than we do here, some of the stuff you guys have on the road is just sick. NZ sounds like petrolhead heaven to me
                          2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

I like my Forester.

Comment

Originally posted by STI-Guy View Post
                            You guys have friendlier car laws than we do here, some of the stuff you guys have on the road is just sick. NZ sounds like petrolhead heaven to me
                            It's pretty good, people say that cars are cheaper over here but I've seen some real good deals in Australia ($500 S1 RX7 anyone?) the main positive I see is the import laws and our license system but in some ways the P plate law seems like a great idea, I hate to think what it'll be like once the idiots at my school get high-powered cars :/ The good thing is that if I have a full NZ license there's a loophole in the law where I can provisionally drive on it in QLD for 44 days or something (meaning I can get around having P plates if I leave every 44 days)

Still, the cops here are fairly "car-cist", they always pull over the modified cars and pass harsher laws even though most of the people that drive like dicks or crash and die are driving stock, unmodified cars. It's crap to see our culture (and some people's lifestyles) get discriminated against, more people need to appreciate the time and work that goes into our machines, IMO time+work+love into a car means you're less likely to drive like a dick and crash it!

Sorry for the threadjack btw

Comment

It's pretty good, people say that cars are cheaper over here but I've seen some real good deals in Australia ($500 S1 RX7 anyone?) the main positive I see is the import laws and our license system but in some ways the P plate law seems like a great idea, I hate to think what it'll be like once the idiots at my school get high-powered cars :/ The good thing is that if I have a full NZ license there's a loophole in the law where I can provisionally drive on it in QLD for 44 days or something (meaning I can get around having P plates if I leave every 44 days)

Still, the cops here are fairly "car-cist", they always pull over the modified cars and pass harsher laws even though most of the people that drive like dicks or crash and die are driving stock, unmodified cars. It's crap to see our culture (and some people's lifestyles) get discriminated against, more people need to appreciate the time and work that goes into our machines, IMO time+work+love into a car means you're less likely to drive like a dick and crash it!

Sorry for the threadjack btw
                              Lol that's k, it's an interesting topic no doubt. It's the minority scumbags that ruin it for everyone else
                              2013 Suzuki Swift 1.4

I like my Forester.

Comment

Working...
                              X