Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble the might TR magna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble the might TR magna

Sparky's TR

Details

1992 TR Executive
    4-Speed Automatic
    2.6L Astron 4G54 4-Cylinder
    322,000Ks
    Silver

Interior Modifications

Digital Clock
    Blue lit cluster
    Center console with arm rest and cupholder
    Chromatic mirror

Audio/Visual

Pioneer DEH-P7050BT, great head unit

Engine/Suspension/Power Modifications

Suspension lower the whole car by 20mm
    King lows spring (20mm)
    Boge shock absorber

Exterior

Diamante front bumper
    SE numberplate surround
    380 side indicators
    KS headlights
    TR Elite grille
    KS tail lights
    380 set of horns

Planned/In-Progress Modifications

Up grade the motor when she puke
    Exhaust system
    Letterbox grill
    Modify door cards
    Side skirts

Yep the list goes as I change my mind and visit the local wreckers If you are on the Australia magan forum you will know me Be hard to forget the TR with the unpainted front bumper lol
    Last edited by Sparkington; 11-04-2011, 11:11 PM.
    1992 Mitsubishi magna

It not what you drive, it how you drive it

sigpic

Reserves for something, hmm seem nobody like old magna. Oh well
    Last edited by Sparkington; 11-04-2011, 11:12 PM.
    1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

TR/TS magnas are very underrated. They make a great cruiser - very smooth suspension. The Diamante front bumper looks so much better then the Magna one. Got the bumper painted yet?

Comment

My car got stiff suspension, so it not smooth any more Paint is stuff on the car and being metallic paint I rather get the car sprayed all at once. So at this stage the bumper is still primer colour. But it is on the list to do.
        1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

Alright after a long break and getting a nice push along for another member off AMC, I got the mirror tilt module working right in my car at long last. Alright here is the wiring diagram and a video showing it all working

Wiring Diagram:

Video of it in action:

It an awesome bit of kit, and fairly easy to install Hardest part I found was that my brain keep getting confused by the different wires. Hence so many stuff ups, but it fairly easy to swap wires if need be
          1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

My friend has one of these and went nuts on it putting a GTO na engine in it and doing pretty much everything to it possible i think. Very underatted car
            CELICA ST185 GT4..... The misery maker.......

Comment

Very easy mod.. Never seen these before though.. I just use my blind spot mirrors.. Can't say ive ever been a big fan of the magna's.. I drove a new model.. And the sport auto was ok in that.. And fun to give a little.. I say drop it, with the biggest rims you can fit in there.. With a good sound system..
              Mighty Jdm Dc2R, 128.8kw Atw @ 1065kg - Running 13.875 @ 100.26 mph
              Youtube JDMTEGR
              http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...JDM-Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                Very easy mod.. Never seen these before though.. I just use my blind spot mirrors.. Can't say ive ever been a big fan of the magna's.. I drove a new model.. And the sport auto was ok in that.. And fun to give a little.. I say drop it, with the biggest rims you can fit in there.. With a good sound system..
                Um No!!!! I'm not going to slam it to the ground, put big ugly ass rims on and over weigh the car with a big fat useless stereo system :P

As I like the car how it handles now, I have done my mods to improve the driving of the car day to day. As rims and the height of the car is balance to improve handling.

Personal I cringe every time I see big chromies on a car, or it been slammed to the ground, and has a large doff doff system in the boot.

But I suppose I'm a little different to most people
                1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

A magna is a cruising car.... And lowering it and having less tire wall will increase handling.. yer the stereo is gonna add a bit of weight.. But magna are very heavy to start with and thought you couldn't be to concerned of the weight.. And to add i hate crome rim's.. Alloys all the way!!
                  Mighty Jdm Dc2R, 128.8kw Atw @ 1065kg - Running 13.875 @ 100.26 mph
                  Youtube JDMTEGR
                  http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...JDM-Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkington View Post
                    But I suppose I'm a little different to most people
                    Not really, you're just not a dickhead.

Comment

Anyway on with with a mod/ thing that needed doing. I at long last painted my diamante cup holder arm rest from a colour that nobody is sure of to black I pull it apart down to the very last bolt and nut, and was left with a whole pile of parts. Me being a Sparky by trade I'm use to pulling things apart and putting them back together. Anyway here photos into pieces to being back together and a nice shade of black

Im going to spray a fews pieces of my dash silver and my parts of my diamante cupholder will be sprayed silver.
                      1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

A few things been done on my car lets getting cracking on an update

Upgrade the wheels 16" TH sports magna rims, running Michelin Pilot Sport 3 205/55 R16

Debadge and then rebadge my magna

I installed new speaker need to connect up tweeters :/ Then tune the head deck

This is how my interior looks at the moment.

1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

Not bad. Good to see another Magna here :P
                          Think we are taking over.
                          Current ride: TJ Sports Magna

Low and slow

©™INDUCTION SUCTION©™
                          AWW YEEEEEH

Comment

Originally posted by Mistah JT View Post
                            Not bad. Good to see another Magna here :P
                            Think we are taking over.
                            Cheers Mate I think we are slowly

Looking at a two tone paint job for this magna as well
                            1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

Also added the lip back on the diamante bar and added coloured mirrors.

Troubles has now getting a mix and match type of audio install. A member of AMC has being supply me with gear to improve and enhance my current audio install which has been awesome

My install so far:

Pioneer head deck
                              Front speaker: 6" Herzt speaker
                              Tweeters: silk dome clarion tweeters
                              Crossover for the front are alphine
                              Rear speakers: 6x9 by vdo

My front tweeters were to low and not pointed in the rear direction, so I jump on eBay and bought myself some cheap tweeter pods. With a bit of work I think they came up alright. At the moment I'm testing the clarion speaker and my mock tweeter pods. So the pod and the tweeter is held together with electrical tape. Which will be made more permanently when I comfortable that all is working how it should. The sound coming from the front speaker is even and not so bright, sounds good now only to the left hand side.

Still got a few things to do tomorrow in regards to the electrical system, so I might update this thread tomorrow with some more photos.
                              1992 Mitsubishi magna

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X