Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble the might TR magna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trousers
    replied
    I know I'm about a year late to the party, but are there any developments?

(I'm half expecting you to say the car has carked it, just because of the kms on the clock.)

I barely see any of these cars modded, and considering how common they are, I have always wanted to see what they look like at their best.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    Originally posted by Mecha-wombat View Post
    Sparky

OMG so much work so little time!!

I know :/ I need a hoilday to look at getting the interior sorted and the paint job lol Heaps of things to do :/

Leave a comment:

• Mecha-wombat
    replied
    Sparky

OMG so much work so little time!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    Also added the lip back on the diamante bar and added coloured mirrors.

Troubles has now getting a mix and match type of audio install. A member of AMC has being supply me with gear to improve and enhance my current audio install which has been awesome

My install so far:

Pioneer head deck
    Front speaker: 6" Herzt speaker
    Tweeters: silk dome clarion tweeters
    Crossover for the front are alphine
    Rear speakers: 6x9 by vdo

My front tweeters were to low and not pointed in the rear direction, so I jump on eBay and bought myself some cheap tweeter pods. With a bit of work I think they came up alright. At the moment I'm testing the clarion speaker and my mock tweeter pods. So the pod and the tweeter is held together with electrical tape. Which will be made more permanently when I comfortable that all is working how it should. The sound coming from the front speaker is even and not so bright, sounds good now only to the left hand side.

Still got a few things to do tomorrow in regards to the electrical system, so I might update this thread tomorrow with some more photos.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    Originally posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Not bad. Good to see another Magna here :P
    Think we are taking over.
    Cheers Mate I think we are slowly

Looking at a two tone paint job for this magna as well

Leave a comment:

• Mistah JT
    replied
    Not bad. Good to see another Magna here :P
    Think we are taking over.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    A few things been done on my car lets getting cracking on an update

Upgrade the wheels 16" TH sports magna rims, running Michelin Pilot Sport 3 205/55 R16

Debadge and then rebadge my magna

I installed new speaker need to connect up tweeters :/ Then tune the head deck

This is how my interior looks at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    Anyway on with with a mod/ thing that needed doing. I at long last painted my diamante cup holder arm rest from a colour that nobody is sure of to black I pull it apart down to the very last bolt and nut, and was left with a whole pile of parts. Me being a Sparky by trade I'm use to pulling things apart and putting them back together. Anyway here photos into pieces to being back together and a nice shade of black

Im going to spray a fews pieces of my dash silver and my parts of my diamante cupholder will be sprayed silver.

Leave a comment:

• mutton_wizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparkington View Post
    But I suppose I'm a little different to most people
    Not really, you're just not a dickhead.

Leave a comment:

• DC2R
    replied
    A magna is a cruising car.... And lowering it and having less tire wall will increase handling.. yer the stereo is gonna add a bit of weight.. But magna are very heavy to start with and thought you couldn't be to concerned of the weight.. And to add i hate crome rim's.. Alloys all the way!!

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    Originally posted by DC2R View Post
    Very easy mod.. Never seen these before though.. I just use my blind spot mirrors.. Can't say ive ever been a big fan of the magna's.. I drove a new model.. And the sport auto was ok in that.. And fun to give a little.. I say drop it, with the biggest rims you can fit in there.. With a good sound system..
    Um No!!!! I'm not going to slam it to the ground, put big ugly ass rims on and over weigh the car with a big fat useless stereo system :P

As I like the car how it handles now, I have done my mods to improve the driving of the car day to day. As rims and the height of the car is balance to improve handling.

Personal I cringe every time I see big chromies on a car, or it been slammed to the ground, and has a large doff doff system in the boot.

But I suppose I'm a little different to most people

Leave a comment:

• DC2R
    replied
    Very easy mod.. Never seen these before though.. I just use my blind spot mirrors.. Can't say ive ever been a big fan of the magna's.. I drove a new model.. And the sport auto was ok in that.. And fun to give a little.. I say drop it, with the biggest rims you can fit in there.. With a good sound system..

Leave a comment:

• woot woor
    replied
    My friend has one of these and went nuts on it putting a GTO na engine in it and doing pretty much everything to it possible i think. Very underatted car

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    Alright after a long break and getting a nice push along for another member off AMC, I got the mirror tilt module working right in my car at long last. Alright here is the wiring diagram and a video showing it all working

Wiring Diagram:

Video of it in action:

It an awesome bit of kit, and fairly easy to install Hardest part I found was that my brain keep getting confused by the different wires. Hence so many stuff ups, but it fairly easy to swap wires if need be

Leave a comment:

• Sparkington
    replied
    My car got stiff suspension, so it not smooth any more Paint is stuff on the car and being metallic paint I rather get the car sprayed all at once. So at this stage the bumper is still primer colour. But it is on the list to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X