Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kneebone's FC RX7 :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneebone's FC RX7 :D

Hi guys and gals
    So I've been a long time lurker and figured that i should finally show myself and show you guys my ride!
    So the story goes I've been a car guy all of my life, and during my many sessions cruising the classifieds when i was younger daydreaming about getting myself a car i saw a nice purple first gen rx7, but the thing that really impressed me was the claim that the engine could rev to 11k. From then on I've been hooked on rotary engines and so when the time came and I got my full licence I got myself my first car, this bright red fc =]

Its a 1990 series 5 turbo, imported from japan in 2006 with 3 owners since importing. It was as far as i can tell the most basic model available, cloth interior and no sunroof (which equals no rust! ) The previous owner had converted it from auto to manual and had put on and exedy heavy duty clutch, tien coil-overs, DBA slotted rotors and some ridiculous 19 inch rims which rubbed all the time (which i have replaced with a lot more sensible 17s). It was also imported with an aftermarket exhaust of some sort! but otherwise it is stock as a rock!
    so without further ado here are some more pictures:

future plans are to get a proper lsd (the autos came stock with an open one) for upping the power, the 200hp is starting to feel quite "normal" so a mildport and a bigger turbo look good to me (but i have a feeling that the engine will pop if i do that) so I'm looking to find a used one and rebuild it exactly how i want it
    My Rx7:
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...one-s-FC-RX7-D

oh wow that's really nice, love the FC's in red and the exterior mods you've done. Nice ride
    Originally posted by thatcoolwind
    Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
    Originally posted by Cal
    I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
    Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

:O jezus kneebone! i never realised how sweet your rx7 was :P is it an auto? funnest thing in these cars is holding it in gear for as long as you want :P

if youre looking for a rooted 13b you could probably get one for like $700 with messed up apex seals off aus rotary...
      i asked god for a bike and soon realized god doesnt work that way. so i stole a bike and asked for forgivness,
      the early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
      sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
        :O jezus kneebone! i never realised how sweet your rx7 was :P is it an auto? funnest thing in these cars is holding it in gear for as long as you want :P

if youre looking for a rooted 13b you could probably get one for like $700 with messed up apex seals off aus rotary...
        Thanks! its my pride and joy nah its manual now, that was one of my must haves! and trust me i hit that buzzer all the time!

and I've been lurking there i just missed a recently rebuilt one for 600 >.< but I'll find one soon enough and then I'll go all engineer on it and throw everything i possibly can at it
        My Rx7:

Comment

Originally posted by Kneebone View Post
          Thanks! its my pride and joy nah its manual now, that was one of my must haves! and trust me i hit that buzzer all the time!

and I've been lurking there i just missed a recently rebuilt one for 600 >.< but I'll find one soon enough and then I'll go all engineer on it and throw everything i possibly can at it

haha sometimes the temptation is too much :P

$600?! cheap as chips! you're an engineer? SWEET! ill soon be calling myself that when i finish my degree :P
          i asked god for a bike and soon realized god doesnt work that way. so i stole a bike and asked for forgivness,

Comment

Loving the FC atm.
            I never realised that the bonnet scoop was off centre til I was told. Nice pictures for a nice car.

Wouldn't mind a video of seeing it in action
            Daewoo Nubira: Sold
            Mazda 3: now bro's car
            R33 Skyline: Project
            VX commy S: Sold
            Mazda 323 Astina SP20: Daily

Originally posted by MrSheep
            You can tell this movie is awesome because it has "2" in the title, in place of the word "to".

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
              haha sometimes the temptation is too much :P

$600?! cheap as chips! you're an engineer? SWEET! ill soon be calling myself that when i finish my degree :P
              Yeah thats why im bummed i missed it! and I'm still a student myself, give me another couple of years and I'll be out there too
              My Rx7:

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post
                Loving the FC atm.
                I never realised that the bonnet scoop was off centre til I was told. Nice pictures for a nice car.

Really???? i honestly had no idea... now im going to go out to check my turbo bonnet because i dont believe you :P

Yeah thats why im bummed i missed it! and I'm still a student myself, give me another couple of years and I'll be out there too
                damn :/ oh well... maybe next time (if i dont snap it up first :P).
                nice. mechanical im guessing???

Comment

Your fc looks amazing. the paint looks sooo shiny

Comment

Originally posted by barton View Post
                    Your fc looks amazing. the paint looks sooo shiny
                    it was resprayed just before the import in 06 as far as i can tell red is the original colour though
                    My Rx7:

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post
                      Loving the FC atm.

yeah it is a bit weird that its off center, but it's cause of the mounting point for the intercooler is on the intake meaning it has to be slightly off center!

[QUOTE]
                      damn :/ oh well... maybe next time (if i dont snap it up first :P).
                      nice. mechanical im guessing???
                      yep mech eng with project management tacked on
                      My Rx7:

Comment

Originally posted by Cal
                        I may need an engineer later in life, you two should be able to help
                        haha sure thing mate. there are actually alot of engineers on this forum (many of whom have already acquired their degree). if you have any questions, best bet is to post in the off topic category and you should see answers flooding in :P

yeah it is a bit weird that its off center, but it's cause of the mounting point for the intercooler is on the intake meaning it has to be slightly off center!

yep mech eng with project management tacked on
                        just measured it. its approx. 20mm off centre. enough to be barely noticeable :P
                        nice. have you started any management/commerce subjects? or is management in sydney different from melb??? i started my first commerce subject and im honestly considering dropping the double degree in favour of some quantum mechanics

Comment

I also like to think that it helps with visibility :P
                          All part of the charm of the car
                          Daewoo Nubira: Sold
                          Mazda 3: now bro's car
                          R33 Skyline: Project
                          VX commy S: Sold
                          Mazda 323 Astina SP20: Daily

Originally posted by MrSheep
                          You can tell this movie is awesome because it has "2" in the title, in place of the word "to".

Comment

Nice to see a clean RX7, I can't even imagine how bad it was with 19s on it, the 17s look perfect though.

Comment

j
                              ust measured it. its approx. 20mm off centre. enough to be barely noticeable :P
                              nice. have you started any management/commerce subjects? or is management in sydney different from melb??? i started my first commerce subject and im honestly considering dropping the double degree in favour of some quantum mechanics
                              yeah generally I find them quite boring, but on the good side very easy! and it always helps when getting jobs as well
                              My Rx7:

Comment

Working...
                              X