Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Little Red Wagon (Obviously Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLKRZ View Post
    Looks good, great first car you have there!

More about the door-kicking incident pls.

Also, I'm confused, are you still an L-plater? (your signature says you are anyway).
    Haven't got around to the sig change yet.
    Kinda forgot about that one
    I'll get more pics on the door, polished out the tyre marks on the bumper though.

So yeah, Washed her yesterday then MIJ decided to try something different so we attacked the bonnet with buckets of water.

Also, some interior shots.

My favourite bit of the interior, red instrument lighting.

and of course, the saggy headliner supported by the previous owners staples.
    1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
    1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
    ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
    - P Plater

Comment

Looks good. Person at the end of my street has one of these for sale for 5 grand.
      Has 160k on the clock.
      Current ride: TJ Sports Magna

Low and slow

©™INDUCTION SUCTION©™
      AWW YEEEEEH

Comment

This one may have been alittle high, about 256,### when I got it.
        Also, went out for alittle cruise last night, I still haven't found the rev limiter (It was only in first, so no speeding involved.) I think it's just around 7k though (I don't drive like this, that was a one off.)

MIJ's pic
        1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
        - P Plater

Comment

Nice pics. If you want to destroy that engine keep searching for that redline lol. B5 2.0's redline around 7,200 rpm. I hope the engine wasnt cold when you went and tested it either...
          MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
          Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
          MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
            Nice pics. If you want to destroy that engine keep searching for that redline lol. B5 2.0's redline around 7,200 rpm. I hope the engine wasnt cold when you went and tested it either...
            Nope, oil was warm (Just around 100º by memory) so I thought I'd try (Never ever full throttle a cold engine.)
            Probably explains why I couldn't find it, backed off just under 7.
            1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
            - P Plater

Comment

No engine bay shots? Cmon it's one of the best looking aspects of the car.
              sigpic
              _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by MadeinJapan View Post
                No engine bay shots? Cmon it's one of the best looking aspects of the car.
                Oi you,
                There is one up in the first post...
                Damn Vw and their plasticks...
                Spelt it wrong on purpose so shut it you Grammar Nazi wankers XD
                1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                - P Plater

Comment

Originally posted by The Euromy View Post
                  Oi you,
                  There is one up in the first post...
                  Damn Vw and their plasticks...
                  Spelt it wrong on purpose so shut it you Grammar Nazi wankers XD
                  I mean't an assembled engine bay... hah
                  sigpic
                  _'03 Mazda 323 Astina Shades __________________________________________________ ________NG Images - My Facebook Page

Comment

Nope, oil was warm (Just around 100º by memory) so I thought I'd try (Never ever full throttle a cold engine.)
                    Probably explains why I couldn't find it, backed off just under 7.
                    Ah well if it was warm thats ok. They do redline fairly high though. One of Audi's highest reving engines actually behind the 4.2 FSI and another. And you do have to rev them to get them moving lol.
                    MCM Queensland Facebook Groups:
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Brisbane
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Sunshine Coast
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - Gold Coast
                    Mighty Car Mods Fan Page - FNQ
                    MCM Queensland Forum

Comment

Ok
                      Later.
                      Oh wait,
                      I have one lingering around somewhere.

Thar's the engine bay.

Still don't know what the plug ontop of the airbox is for, but it's near a (I'm assuming) vacuum line that's also open
                      Last edited by The Euromy; 07-04-2013, 02:30 PM.
                      1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                      - P Plater

Comment

Haven't got around to the sig change yet.
                        Kinda forgot about that one
                        I'll get more pics on the door, polished out the tyre marks on the bumper though.

So yeah, Washed her yesterday then MIJ decided to try something different so we attacked the bonnet with buckets of water.

Also, some interior shots.

That is a cool water shot, and a nice interior. Fluffy dice = 15 HP.

Looks good mate

But the question is, have you gone too the Maccas drivethrough yet?

Also it's FWD isn't it? It has always confused me when FWD cars have the engine laid out in a RWD manner. Do you have a diagram on this layout?
                        Last edited by Mr.Chow; 07-04-2013, 02:45 PM.
                        Originally posted by SL1DE
                        Rear wheel drive > front wheel drive.
                        Originally posted by m3ntyl
                        In my town there are two demographics, people with jobs, and people with Commodores.
                        Everybody else has a link to their cars, so I'll just put this here: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-GTS-T-Skyline

sigpic http://i.imgur.com/tYDtteR.jpg

Comment

Geez waited this long for a thread and this is what you give me.........

KIDDING! Nice little car, have you had a go at testing the handling? Is it alright even though it's FWD? Also really like this colour red on this model of A4
                          Originally posted by thatcoolwind
                          Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
                          Originally posted by Cal
                          I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
                          Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Chow View Post
                            That is a cool water shot, and a nice interior. Fluffy dice = 15 HP.

Looks good mate

But the question is, have you gone too the Maccas drivethrough yet?
                            MIJ took the shot, I was assigned to throw a bucket at the car. (Only it's contents)

Maccas, heaps on my L's but not a fan of it so not yet on my P's, thought the loose change menu is still there. One Achievement I have yet to fulfill is reverse through a drive through, though thinking about it it might not work.

Originally posted by khindustries View Post
                            Geez waited this long for a thread and this is what you give me.........

KIDDING! Nice little car, have you had a go at testing the handling? Is it alright even though it's FWD? Also really like this colour red on this model of A4
                            It grips, aslong as the roads are dry (Tyres are nearly gone)
                            Though, it will under steer if keep on the throttle, brakes either work or they don't (Something Audi did, you'd have to push real hard to stop quickly). Only thing is that the springs in it have a real shitty spring rate so it has massive body roll.
                            Last edited by The Euromy; 07-04-2013, 02:48 PM.
                            1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                            - P Plater

Comment

MIJ took the shot, I was assigned to throw a bucket at the car. (Only it's contents)

Maccas, heaps on my L's but not a fan of it so not yet on my P's, thought the loose change menu is still there. One Achievement I have yet to fulfill is reverse through a drive through, though thinking about it it might not work.

pls look at my post again, question.
                              Originally posted by SL1DE
                              Rear wheel drive > front wheel drive.
                              Originally posted by m3ntyl
                              In my town there are two demographics, people with jobs, and people with Commodores.
                              Everybody else has a link to their cars, so I'll just put this here: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-GTS-T-Skyline

sigpic http://i.imgur.com/tYDtteR.jpg

Comment

It grips, aslong as the roads are dry (Tyres are nearly gone)
                                Though, it will under steer if keep on the throttle, brakes either work or they don't (Something Audi did, you'd have to push real hard to stop quickly). Only thing is that the springs in it have a real shitty spring rate so it has massive body roll.
                                Ok, sounds decent. I'm sure TIIDA can point in the right direction for some suitable springs
                                Originally posted by thatcoolwind
                                Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
                                Originally posted by Cal
                                I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
                                Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X