Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Little Red Wagon (Obviously Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Euromy
    replied
    Originally posted by MRTIIDA View Post
    Maybe...

I probably wont be at a meet until November because of the silly license shit LOL

Just top it up with a tad of water, should be fine
    Yeah, just don't want to pull over again to check it if the light comes on when I'm going up Tambo.
    Damn leak's annoying, still haven't found it...

Leave a comment:

• MRTIIDA
    replied
    Originally posted by The Euromy View Post
    Looking at it, you've got a Jetta.

Defs going to the next Brissy meet I think.

Tambo again this Saturday...
    Should I just top the coolant up with water or get the proper stuff in
    Maybe...

I probably wont be at a meet until November because of the silly license shit LOL

Just top it up with a tad of water, should be fine

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Looking at it, you've got a Jetta.

Defs going to the next Brissy meet I think.

Tambo again this Saturday...
    Should I just top the coolant up with water or get the proper stuff in

Leave a comment:

• MRTIIDA
    replied
    Does look good, very good

Bring it up here and I'll teach you and give it a clay with ya haha. I should post some pics from my drive last weekend and create a new thread for my new beast as well...

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Bleh,
    Here's a near pointless update.

I have done...
    Nothing since the last update.

I did take her for a drive though, up the instrument (Mt. Tamborine)

Was a good drive, had to bring brothers along but I didn't mind.
    Turns out, with their extra weight the Mountain can still be tackled in 3rd, even the 15% inclines.
    Another thing I discovered, 100km up a mountain uses an eight of a tank while 100km in school runs uses a quarter...
    fecking traffic. They weren't lying with the urban being around 10L/100

But back to that mountan, twas interesting...
    Discovered when I was on the declines, I'll magically lose all my coolant, till I open up the bonnet where I discover that it magically returns (I still haven't filled it up so it's still below minimum.) But yeah, twas a fun drive once you overtake all the other vehicles that contain tourists...

Here's the pics aswell, only stopped at one spot as all the rest was packed with those people that don't know what they're doing.

The wagon also got a good wash today, all that dust from sitting for 2 weeks is finally gone.
    Still gotta get to claybaring it... (Still need to learn how to use proper claybar )

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Originally posted by DWS92 View Post
    There is a Reiger one on ebay at the moment in Victoria, is already painted red however is pretty expensive..
    Not really a fan of the Reigers.
    Infact, not a fan of most Aftermarket body options.

Just trying to find a OEM one that's intact, leaving it black aswell.

Leave a comment:

• DWS92
    replied
    There is a Reiger one on ebay at the moment in Victoria, is already painted red however is pretty expensive..

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Originally posted by animated_zombie View Post
    Just read through this whole thread. Well done! It's all about little things as you can do them. I really like the new wheels, I'm glad you went with those! I'm about to get in bed, but tomorrow I'll try to poke around online and see if I can help you find a lip for your front bumper (if you're still looking). Cheers, and keep up the good work!
    Still looking, most wrecked B5 A4's at the wreckers have front damage so the lip's aren't in good shape, or they're just missing in general.

Definitely keeping this toy for a few more years, might end up going down the turbo route after my P's.

I've found one brand new lip online just wasn't too keen on shipping.
    Here's the one I found, Wish I lived in America as it'll only set me back under $100 but I live in the Southern Hemisphere, making shipping cost $278, without the actual cost of the lip

Leave a comment:

• animated_zombie
    replied
    Just read through this whole thread. Well done! It's all about little things as you can do them. I really like the new wheels, I'm glad you went with those! I'm about to get in bed, but tomorrow I'll try to poke around online and see if I can help you find a lip for your front bumper (if you're still looking). Cheers, and keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWAdam View Post
    Yeah, scratches arnt that difficult to fix when you know how. If I see you you at another meet around I'll give you a quick run through (: Yeah maybe look at some 4200k ultra white bulbs.
    Wasn't talking about scratches, the clearcoat on the left quarter panel is peeling, same for the mirrors

Does have a few scratches though.

Gave the 4200k a look, not putting HID in, rather buy an expensive bulb that's good, forgot which one I was looking at now.

Leave a comment:

• BMWAdam
    replied
    Yeah, scratches arnt that difficult to fix when you know how. If I see you you at another meet around I'll give you a quick run through (: Yeah maybe look at some 4200k ultra white bulbs.

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWAdam View Post
    Looking very good, anything planned for it in the near future?
    Haven't actually tried, but trying to source an OEM front valence to cover up the hoses under the bumper.

Might go for some better springs or even coilovers.

Headlight bulbs are definitely being changed, not going HID though, just something that gives me better visibility.

Headliner still needs to be done aswell, it's not bothering me that much though.

Dent can stay there, might see how cheaply I can get the clearcoat problems fixed as the paint under is still good.

Mechanical wise,
    Clutch will need to be replaced soon
    At the moment, I'm assuming the Thermostat is stuck open as it takes ages to warm up, was good on the track though as I only saw it rise to just over 90 degrees.
    Need a new brake fluid reservoir, will do a fluid flush with that.
    Brake rotors are warped again, will get them machined when I replace the dodgey ABS sensor.
    Think that's about it, I've got an oil leak from the sump though, might look into that.

Leave a comment:

• BMWAdam
    replied
    Looking very good, anything planned for it in the near future?

Leave a comment:

• The Euromy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jedi View Post
    Love the dash man
    Thanks,
    Unfortunately it's warping.
    I don't know how to fix this either...

Leave a comment:

• Jedi
    replied
    Love the dash man