Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 Seconds or less: The tale or a 1997 Subaru Legacy gt wagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Seconds or less: The tale or a 1997 Subaru Legacy gt wagon

As some of you may know already. This is my 1997 Subaru Legacy gt that would up in a lake earlier this winter.

I have since bought a new daily driver http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...500#post422500. Every day I walked past it. Looking at it, missing driving it. Months went by, until about a week ago, when I decided that I was going to restore it to its former glory... and then some. Knowing that I had a dependable daily driver meant that I could mod heavily and not worry about having to rush anything to get it done it time to drive it to work. A donor car at the local wreckers, provided my with the panels and glass to fix the body. Also the donor for a once stock wiring loom...

sadly they would not sell me the entire car. So after replacing the fender and doors, it sat for a couple more weeks. Until I got a warm day off of work.

I began work on the wiring.

After realizing that I wanted to relocate the battery into the interior. I had rethink my lay out. So I decided to move things around a bit. It was also in major need of some tidying up. 2 rolls of electrical tape and several hours later. It looked something like this.

Going to be finishing up the wiring tomorrow hopefully, the after market ECU is in and mounted. So got the hardest part out of the way. Also going to be making a nice mount for the 7 toggle switches that are going to make the car start and run.

My plans for the interior is to relocate the battery to that corner, make a custom mount for it to fit nicely and securely. Then shield off the corner with a plexglass cover and cooling fans. Nitrous Oxyde tanks to be mounted where the seat was at one point. After everything is built I plan to install a 5 point cage, and bride seat. Might even plasti dip over the whole interior when its all done. Once solid color and have the seat a different color. Would look pretty nice I think.

Stay tuned and follow my build to find out what I have planned for the engine, performance, and exterior.
    Hoping this is build thread worthy.
    THE MAAAAAD SCIONTIST

..... YAY. This is gonna be EPPIIIIIIIC. Looking forward to it. Hope Rake allows to be Build Thread worthy too. SUBBED.

Comment

Nice, good luck with the resto!
      MAAAAAD

My Daily

Comment

Thank you. Just sent the PM to Rake, hope all goes well. Lots planned. I'll just keep updating here if it doesn't go through!
        THE MAAAAAD SCIONTIST

Comment

Hope to see many a mod on this here Subaru. Grants you +1 to wrench turning.

Comment

I'll be watching this
            Originally posted by thatcoolwind
            Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
            Originally posted by Cal
            I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
            Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

today I deleted everything that was not necessary for daily use. Only left what was required to be street legal and to run.

Then began work on the RHD conversion. Brake booster installed. pic from test fitting. welded the plate in, screws were for test fitting. Too dark out by the time I finished.

CRAIGSLIST BE LIKE

LOW MILES, ALL HIGHWAY
              THE MAAAAAD SCIONTIST

Comment

If you are needing RHD bits, we have alot of BG legacy bits, so your doing a single turbo conversion with V3/4 gear? And using a megasquirt unit as well for tuning?

Ive done 2 single turbo conversions on BG legacys but that was twin to single so its a little easier and means that you just need to swap some wires and can then use the WRX 4 plug ecu.
                Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                TT's suck balls, go single and celebrate life.
                Quoted for the Truth

Comment

I might be needed some RHD bits so I may just take you up on that offer! we will see how bad shipping will be first as there is quite a distance between Minnesota and New Zealand! Do you have a pay pal? and yeah, not sure which turbo I'm going with. I had a t3/t4 Garrett before. Also already have a perrin v1 fuel rail with 850cc injectors and a gss 341 fuel pump. JDM 5 speed transmission. ACT stage 4 clutch. cometic gasket set, and a set of weisco pistons. Didn't think you guys got the 2.5 litre engine? just the twin turbo 2.2?
                  THE MAAAAAD SCIONTIST

Comment

In on this for sure. Subbed.
                    Originally posted by Dump
                    If she blocks you on FB that means she wants your penis.
                    Originally posted by krayziemike001
                    While you're at it you may aswell ring up the grim reaper and make a reservation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Will be looking good, need more money for a Single turbo converison, EJ20R is pain for modding, check out http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/
                      for any info.
                      Remembered my password ROFL.

Comment

Will be looking good, need more money for a Single turbo converison, EJ20R is pain for modding, check out http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/
                        for any info.
                        Remembered my password ROFL.

Comment

Originally posted by KUM_HONOR View Post
                          I might be needed some RHD bits so I may just take you up on that offer! we will see how bad shipping will be first as there is quite a distance between Minnesota and New Zealand! Do you have a pay pal? and yeah, not sure which turbo I'm going with. I had a t3/t4 Garrett before. Also already have a perrin v1 fuel rail with 850cc injectors and a gss 341 fuel pump. JDM 5 speed transmission. ACT stage 4 clutch. cometic gasket set, and a set of weisco pistons. Didn't think you guys got the 2.5 litre engine? just the twin turbo 2.2?
                          Factory for us we got the Legacy BG/BD Legacy in a 1.8, 2.0 and a 2.0 twin turbo and a 2.2 and the crap 2.5. Twin turbo is the most common, we just switch it to single turbo and go for a vf22 or a TD05. Alot of people now are going to a 2.5 and sleeving and dowelling to get more power or even doing a storker. The maddest BG that i have seen was a 2.5 with a Holset HX40 1000cc injectors running a Link G4 i think it was doing about 350kw on the last dyno it did before it put the boost up to 29psi, yes 29, and then through a rod. I have to say that it was stupidly fast, but he is just like that
                          Quoted for the Truth

Comment

Originally posted by sheepshagger View Post
                            for any info.
                            Thats Reubans single turbo thread and thats not going to help him at all, the wiring side of it is completely different and he is using a mega squirt and his guide is for using the Impreza ECU and factory BG5B/C wiring
                            Quoted for the Truth

Comment

update: Brake booster and clutch are mounted! gad pedal will be an easy mount. going to hide all of the break lines. I love a clean engine bay!

need to custom fabricate a few pieces, otherwise not going too bad. Need to relocate a few wires after the steering collumn is mounted.
                              will start to make it look good once its all in a functioning properly.
                              THE MAAAAAD SCIONTIST

Comment

Working...
                              X