Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kay's 04 WRX and trackcar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kay's 04 WRX and trackcar

Hey guys!

I figured I'd make a thread here since I still have some plans in the future for my WRX. The trackcar isn't completely ready yet, haven't decided on getting some extra bhp's or not. The weight will most definatly be reduced since it's still weighting 1500 kilos..

This is the WRX:

Speclist:
    Turbo runs on 1.2-1.3 bar pressure.
    Stock exhaust.......GRRR(on the picture is my old Magnex)
    STi splitters
    STi scoop
    STi V6 spoiler (I think)
    Zero Sports Vortex Generator (full carbon, only one in the Netherlands)
    Forge BOV
    STi manifold
    STi TMIC
    STi interior
    60mm oil pressure, turbo pressure and old temp.
    18" lenso summerrims
    17" OZ winterrims

Things to do (soon):
    Place my old 3"open downpipe again. Funny story, after I got pulled over, I placed the stock exhaust back and sold the open downpipe. Now, after a year.. I bought my own old downpipe haha.
    Bought a "Varex RC muffler" (Raceland) waiting to get welded and fitted.

Wishlist:
    FMIC
    Brembo's
    6Speed gearbox
    (Or just sell the damn thing and buy a R33 GT-R or R34. 99% sure that the R33 will come sooner due to the price of a R34 GT-R)

I have bought a second hand grille recently to modify it. I really love the looks of the emblemless-grille. Unfortiunatly they aren't for sale or really expensive. So I bought a used one and made my own emblemless grille.

I think it turned out quite well except for the colour. I'm going to repaint it soon.

Our trackcar:
    A 2008 Ford Mustang GT California Special.

It currently has about 340 BHP and quite some modifications to it.
    The engine has had a fresh tune, the car is fitted with a FIA-approval roll cage and it has lost quite some weight.
    This car drives so good! The v8 has such a nice sound and is really different from the current track cars around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O01n5E9C4Yg

My brother recently bought a GoPro camera, so there will be videos coming soon :-)
    Attached Files
    Muscle and JDM don't go together..?

2004 Impreza WRX daily|2008 Mustang GT/CS trackcar
    Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay
    Lot of people with quotes. I'll just make a quote of me quoting myself.

I need new pants..........
    Originally posted by thatcoolwind
    Only narrow minded people hate on cars because of their brand.
    Originally posted by Cal
    I've driven skylines, 180's, even hachi's with 4AGZE's, not to mention all my corollas, and I have to say the excel was a blast to drive.
    Check out my excellent ride HERE: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ellent+hyundai

It doesn't matter what kind of car you have, If you've put in the work, time, and money you deserve a little respect.

Comment

Wow Dude. Looks awesome.
      Love both the cars.
      That mustang looks so mean doe.

Comment

Thanks!

The Mustang needed a lot of work but it looks mean indeed!
        When my dad first said that he wanted to import a Mustang as a racecar I was like.. Why a Mustang.. It's ugly and doesn't handle like a race car should.
        But when I look at it now, I'm glad that my dad hardly ever listens to anyone else!

What new rims, suspension and stickers already do to a car..

This is what it looked like when we first got it, fresh from Florida:

Couple more photo's gathered from last year.

Had a fight with a BMW Z4 Zilhouette. Ours is fixed, his was scrapped! Love the strong Mustang!

My brother just before his first race

The best time of the year!
        [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...95858407_n.jpg[/img]
        Last edited by Kay; 17-05-2013, 01:21 AM.

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

Do you do the racing like out of your own pocket or is there a cash prize involved? Is there any races involving things like Cuores only? I would love to make a small car into a trackcar, cheap & fun as hell.
          Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25

Comment

The racing with the Mustang is 90% sponsored by my dad and 10% by the other sponsors on the car. Mostly friends of my dad. The Mission Hills China golfclub and Pacific Plaza are pretty good sponsors tho.
            It's more fun and racing costs a lot. Unless your name is Sebastian Vettel
            The price for our class is a nice plastic cup and a bouquet of flowers....

The most budget raceclass in our country is with Volvo 340's (I believe). There are quite a few trackdays with the coolest cars. A good friend of my dad has a GT2 RS and a Carrera GT, which are always fun to listen to. Some guys bring out their Ferrari's or Lambo's. Other people bring a BMW from 2000 to race.
            You never know what's showing up at these days. Once there was a guy with a 2 million euro classic Ferrari and he drove it like any other race car!

A Cuore would make a fun track car I bet! Light, small en agile. I don't think there are any classes for it. But mostly all cars are welcomed on trackdays.
            Last edited by Kay; 15-05-2013, 08:43 PM.

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

You are so goddamn lucky.

Comment

Can't disagree with that!

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

Your grill looks good, do you have many more pics of your WRX? The sedan looks so much better than the hatchback; if i was going to get an 04 WRX, It would be just like yours.
                  Mx5 NA (1.6L)
                  Impreza ('95 2dr)
                  Chrysler 300C (3.5L)

Comment

Ofcourse I do! They were made pre grill fix

In my opinion the hatch can be a very, very cool car. It just needs big rims and a window tint.
                    *couldn't find my other awesome pic from a Japanese Autosport Festival 3 years ago..*

Loooooong time ago. Feels like my mud flaps have been there for ever. Apparantly I fitted them almost a year ago

Freshly waxed

Had a trackday yesterday with the Mustang. Loads of fun but I couldn't find my rythm. Last time was 11 months ago heh. Few pics and a YT video:

Spotted at the track

I was overtaking the white bmw on the right, and the coloured bmw overtook us both on the left haha.

2 laps onboard:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nkugDf7lO4

My dad's 911, my mom's C6 and my Impreza spotted:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oHfXEq_ueI
                    Why are we all traveling in different cars? Because we can!
                    No.. My dad drove straight to the track. My mother picked up my brother from school and I came from my gf's house

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

Looks damn sweet man, the mustang sounds great and i bet the subaru does to, we should do a meeting sometime with all the dutchies here (ofcourse people from other places will be welcome )
                      Seat Ibiza 2.0i 16V GTi Cupra

Comment

It sounds horrible.
                        Soon a different exhaust though.

It used to sound really cool..
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOn92T6n1co

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuuZLJR1Krs

Or insanelyloudandcrazypipewhichIhadfor1week. haha
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8oeRT7M3E

But now it sounds like this.. Stock exhaust
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmj8p9DlwcA

Came across another video of the car, made a year ago. Still had the winterrims on it.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7pF9TODKc

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

So.. I had a crazy idea..

I wanted to plastidip my rims into pink, hot pink that is. Yes, HOT PINK! I think it would really match the blue colour and some other pink elements like the foglightcover-stickers and my wannabe-STi badges.
                          Unfortiunatly, due to some crappy webshop I only recieved one can. Tried to contact them, no answer on mails nor on phonecalls. Transferred the money back and stored the idea in the fridge for now.

I don't have that much time at the moment, so the exhaust is still waiting for me.. Probably the weekend of 20 july, yes.. Still far away. O well, the wait is worth it.

And there's another idea in that head of mine.. Yes, I tend to have loads of ideas, yet only a few really makes the "do it" part. I'm thinking of stripping all the STi decalls of the car. Remove the grill badge, remove the trunk badges, remove the foglightcover-stickers. Or, add the "STi Subaru Technica International" sticker on both front doors..

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

I totally dig the Subaru! An awesome car you got there. Boxer's sound awesome, turbocharged even better. Keep up the work on it, but please consider a different color for the rims. My favorite color combination would be: blue car gold rims- classic sti color.
                            MOPAR or NO CAR

Comment

Thanks

I think I'll stick with this. Pretty rare as it is already. Not a single Subaru has my rims, which is quite impressive. Almost everybody over here has Rota's..

Do you mean something like this?

my 17" OZ's to play with in the winter time. Too bad they're 205 and look really lame compared to the 225s

It's a shame we don't have much snow.. And that when it finally does snow, roads are all full of people not knowing what to do. I can't even drift decently..

New mod still waiting for me... I have no time to drive over there and fit it/weld it.. Can't wait till it's fitted though.

Pic of some other dude's Subaru with the exhaust fitted, looks neat. I will most likely let it weld in the japstyle-style. Snug it in real close with the bumper and also facing out.

Find more info here!

Originally posted by Kay

Comment

Working...
                              X