Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chowies R33 GTS-T Skyline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chowies R33 GTS-T Skyline

Well, it's about time I made this thread so let's go! In March this year I bought the one thing I have always dreamt of owning, a Nissan Skyline. This is my first ever turbo car and boy is it fun! I can't think of what else to say about it actually, you all know what Skylines are so yeah. . . I'll update it later but for now I'll just post some pics. The one thing that attracted me to this car is that it is relatively stock for a Skyline, all the Skylines I had looked at on Carsales had a sub, were lowered, had massive chromies, had a 5 inch tacho on the dash, and just did not look clean at all. This will sound stupid because I am on the Mighty Car Mods forum, but I am a big fan of stock spec cars, mainly because I don't have any money to mod it haha, but still Future mods, when I get the money I'll get a new set of gunmetal grey wheels, nothing major really I just want to keep it as clean as possible! Like I said I'll update this thread as time goes on, but for now let's look at some photo's. I hope this satisfies you for now Khindustries

Quick facts:

Year-1996.
    Model-GTS-T.
    Transmission- 5 speed manual.
    Engine- RB25 which makes 250HP from factory, I think mine makes around 300+ HP because it has a pod filter.
    Drive type- Rear Wheel Drive.
    Mods-Uhhhh, yeah, not many.

Back seats for all the *****es

Notice the lack of a stupid subwoofer

That is all for now
    Last edited by Mr.Chow; 16-06-2013, 08:52 PM.
    Originally posted by SL1DE
    Rear wheel drive > front wheel drive.
    Originally posted by m3ntyl
    In my town there are two demographics, people with jobs, and people with Commodores.
    Everybody else has a link to their cars, so I'll just put this here: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-GTS-T-Skyline

sigpic http://i.imgur.com/tYDtteR.jpg

My gaydar went off the dial for some reason.. then i saw this thread <3

kidding chowie :P she looks rather clean! you know my opinion on skylines so tis a compliment for you hahaha but pull some fully sick skids
    sigpic
    Disclaimer: anything I say in social thread may be false information, any comments believed show signs of your astounding intelligence.

Organizer for MCM/Rexnet/OzFoz/AMC/JC Cruises & Meet Ups in the Canberra region :3

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
      My gaydar went off the dial for some reason.. then i saw this thread <3

kidding chowie :P she looks rather clean! you know my opinion on skylines so tis a compliment for you hahaha but pull some fully sick skids
      How did I know you would comment on this Skids? Not until I get a full time job, tyres aren't cheap haha! It has a few scratches but that's expected for a car as old as me. I'm just happy I own one
      In my town there are two demographics, people with jobs, and people with Commodores.
      Everybody else has a link to their cars, so I'll just put this here: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-GTS-T-Skyline

Comment

Swapped a 5" tacho for a 7" cannon is there a catback to back it up or is it just.. a cannon on a stock system..
        sigpic
        Disclaimer: anything I say in social thread may be false information, any comments believed show signs of your astounding intelligence.

Organizer for MCM/Rexnet/OzFoz/AMC/JC Cruises & Meet Ups in the Canberra region :3

Comment

I am somewhat disappointed that this does not have a 5" tacho and a massive Subwoofah...

Nah, Looks clean.
          Floormats look interesting and I kinda like the fact that it doesn't have what I stated above.
          Engine bay looks alot more cramped than what I initially imagined for a Skyline.
          1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
          1997 w202 Mercedes Benz C180 <-Mummy's car
          ... Cars, Music, Photography, that's the life
          - P Plater

Comment

Originally posted by LikeABoss View Post
            Swapped a 5" tacho for a 7" cannon is there a catback to back it up or is it just.. a cannon on a stock system..
            I'll let you decide

Originally posted by The Euromy View Post
            I am somewhat disappointed that this does not have a 5" tacho and a massive Subwoofah...

Nah, Looks clean.
            Floormats look interesting and I kinda like the fact that it doesn't have what I stated above.
            Engine bay looks alot more cramped than what I initially imagined for a Skyline.

Have you ever felt Skyline floormats? They make up about 750KG of the cars 1,500KG weight, holy shit they are actually so fu*king heavy, they are good quality though!
            And you're correct, there is certainly a lot less room in the engine bay compared to my XR6.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Chow View Post
              Have you ever felt Skyline floormats? They make up about 750KG of the cars 1,500KG weight, holy shit they are actually so fu*king heavy, they are good quality though!
              And you're correct, there is certainly a lot less room in the engine bay compared to my XR6.
              Compared to mother's merc too (Although, AMG did fit a V8 in it)
              They do look heavy, thinking about getting ones made to fit my Audi sometime, think a pair's worth $50(New)
              You allowed to drive with compressed air in Canberra on your P's?
              1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
              - P Plater

Comment

Compared to mother's merc too (Although, AMG did fit a V8 in it)
                They do look heavy, thinking about getting ones made to fit my Audi sometime, think a pair's worth $50(New)
                You allowed to drive with compressed air in Canberra on your P's?
                I might get a photo of them on the scales just to see how much they actually do weigh compared to the Falcons.
                Hell yeah! That's one good thing I'll give this shithole We can drive at the posted limit in our turbo or V8 cars.

Comment

What a 3" pipe or so with a hotdog and a cannon on a skyline.. man your the definition of dickhead wog zorst arent ya :P hahahaha nah thatd be annoyingly loud if you were driving around my area but itd be fun to cruise through tunnels/carparks with :P see if can set some alarms off
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Chow View Post
                    Hell yeah! That's one good thing I'll give this shithole We can drive at the posted limit in our turbo or V8 cars.
                    I can do that.
                    Pretty sure I'm allowed to do that down south too, might be wrong.
                    Find out when I get a ticket or warning some time in the future.
                    1997 b5 Audi A4 Avant
                    - P Plater

Comment

More RB's! Yes! Nice 33 mate
                      Wanna see a Skyline? Yeah you do! http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...turbo-Fuaaaark

Comment

I can do that.
                        Pretty sure I'm allowed to do that down south too, might be wrong.
                        Find out when I get a ticket or warning some time in the future.
                        Huh, well it might just be in NSW or Victoria where those laws apply.

Originally posted by Tomy255 View Post
                        More RB's! Yes! Nice 33 mate
                        Thanks mate I think there are a few other owners on this forum as well!

Comment

Needs moar tacho, chrome, low, bigger cannon and a v8 swap m8.
                          That's a pansy ass effort of a skyline, it doesn't even have any big HP mods like a cannon.

But srs. Nice car mate! Hope the cops aren't too "Oh mate you are gonna get defected SO hard! I smell a new TV in the office lounge!"
                          1992 Holden Commodore - Gone
                          1999 Holden Commodore - Daily
                          Originally posted by Marty
                          single pegger VN commo's for the mfn win!!!
                          Cert II Automotive Panel Beating and Spray Painting - Complete
                          Cert II Automotive Mechanics - Currently Studying
                          sigpic

Comment

How is it I never see this car around? You must live south side. I rarely see other Skylines around these days and have only ever pulled up at the lights next to a non turbo one
                            I swear every second person used to have an R33 where did they all go?
                            sigpic

Comment

Love it! I'm subscribing now
                              2010 Mazda 3
                              1979 Mazda Rx7 - check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X