Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 Toyota Corolla Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Toyota Corolla Estate

Well with the Corsa engine going bang on me I had to get a car fast but I looked on this as a good thing as Corsa was way to small for me and the wife so we have bought a 1995 Toyota Corolla Estate picking up next Wednesday I only know a few things about the car and that's it.

It as electric windows don't work, central locking, drop links are gone, drivers door handle is broke, and is a Japaneses import bar that I know noting as I haven't seen it or drove it yet but my dad as picked it up and says it is a very clean car he will be looking over it over the nest few days before I pick it up and drive it home.

Here are the only pictures I have

The new toy its big blue also grey a 1995 Toyota Corolla G Touring 1.5L
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...158#post480158
    When will they see me in space 32 lights on my camper and growing
    My custom built camper
    I have a magic Corsa it turns water into oil and oil into petrol
    My Opel Corsa and Vaxuhall Chevette

We only got the saloon or hatch in Ireland well there the only one I see. I have no clue about the engine or what size it is all I know is it runs
    My custom built camper

Comment

Interesting car, never actually seen one of these either. The hatchbacks and saloons usually have 1.3L engines. Yours has a 1490cc (1.5L) engine.
      '00 Volkswagen Bora: The daily. | '98 Fiat Punto 60S: Looking for jap swap
      '03 Citroën Xsara VTR: Dead & Gone.
      Originally posted by MOOG
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

Comment

I heard of it for sale back in April and thought it was the newer shape Corolla Estate and put it in the back of my mind then when the corsa died I rang up seeing if was still for sale and bought it never knowing what year or engine it had but thats me I like to live on the edge but I do hope its the 1.5L I did have a Starlet a few years back and loved the 1.3 nice smooth engine and good on fuel to
        My custom built camper

Comment

It is indeed, a 1.5L

http://mywheels.ie/car-history-check.../?VRN=95D46967
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book.

Comment

Thanks for that now I know the engine is 1.5 I wonder is it the 1.5 L5E-FE or 1.5 L5A-FE
            My custom built camper

Comment

Well were do we start on this trip to get my new car well lets start from the beginning. I had to find a way to Cavan which is about 130 miles from my house so I said I shall take the bus as i have free travel pass but this is were thing get funny I'm a full time carer so I have to take the person I care for with me that would be my wife. Bad thing here in Ireland the buses aren't wheelchair friendly and my wife is a fulltime wheelchair user but we had no choice but to use the bus. We get up at 9am as there is only one bus to Cavan a day hop on one spend hours sitting in a bus station hop on another then sit an hour in another bus station waiting for my dad and then a 40min drive to see the car get there for 5pm checked the car over find a odd items and a cool button which flod the mirrors in. We grab a bite to eat get in and head home get home for 10pm.

Now the car well the electric windows don't work one dose the rest don't. Central locking lock but won't unlock, exhaust is blown bad cough upgrade cough, boot rattles, and some trim is missing the plus side is it dose move put the foot down and your away handling is amazing for a big car got a nice aftermarket steering wheel seats are nice and comfortable inside is clean no rips on the seat or door cards and the big reason we got a bigger car the wheelchair well it eats it up with room for more. I even found a odd book with shell petrol on it and I even got a free CD and a bottle of water which in the picture you see its going into the corsa

So pictures only two mind I forgot the good camera

My custom built camper

Comment

I have been driving this around now for the last few days and I now have a list of parts to replace for the NCT its are car test to keep old cars of the road

I so want to use this wheels

But the rub so I need spacers

First mod can you spot it

Wooden steering wheel with nardi torino on it are these good or bad steering wheels

Now thats a boot and the hole reason we bought it
                My custom built camper

Comment

nice dude! We dont get the wagons here only sedan and hatch back.
                  sigpic

Comment

I actually saw another estate version of this a few days ago.

Anyway, I'd replace that steering wheel.

Comment

Ya I saw one in Athlone when I was picking it up same colour and all didn't get a picture sadly it was going the other way. I like the steering wheel but its too small so I am going to look for one in a scrap yard and see if I can find a better front bumper with fogs as mine is twisted and falling of
                      My custom built camper

Comment

Well an update I have order parts new door handle wife was getting anger with me cause she had to open my door and electric window switch's I should have some more parts in the next day or so as the father in law as one parked up and I need a few bits of it.
                        I also got roof racks or as every one keeps saying head banging things
                        My custom built camper

Comment

That's a cool steering wheel! Not sure it suits the car but cool nevertheless, and yes nardi are a very good brand considering its not a replica, if its real it may be worth a few quid, popular brand with the drifters nice car too.

Comment

I love that steering wheel! I've wondered what a wood grain Nardi would look like in my Camry wagon; now I know! I dig those wheels, when you get spacers (and a drop?) that's gonna be mad! Food for thought, I have the 5SFE 2.2L in my Camry wagon. I don't know how common that engine is in the UK (I'd imagine in Celicas anyway) but if you swapped that in it would probably haul considering a Corolla Estate is lighter than a Camry Estate.

Keep us updated regardless, I wanna follow this one!
                            sigpic
                            F150 Build Up Thread
                            Camry Build Up Thread

Originally posted by chrinsx
                            Or you could just leave the country with your car and move to Japan. That's another solution.
                            Originally posted by DacerX
                            i have no doubts to believe that all of this is true since its on the internet.

Comment

It doesn't suit the car at all but for now it will stay till funds let me to buy a black steering wheel I will stick with the same size
                              I have now hop to have finished the list for parts to replace for the NCT

1. Front left indicator cracked
                              2. Driver sun visor thing (I have fail on that before on the corsa)
                              3. Park lights work when they want to
                              4. Front disk and pad and most likely back shoes so I'll just do all and new fluid
                              5. CV boot split and making that noise you all know it
                              6. Exhaust as a leak somewhere
                              7. Back shock may not be gone but the car dose drop a bit with stuff in the boot
                              8. Rear drop links
                              9. Disturber cap rotor arm are the original and cranked
                              10. funny revs
                              11.Back wiper doesn't work
                              12.Drivers window doesn't go down
                              13.You can't get in the drivers door handle broke
                              14. My wheel are not round
                              15. head light have the glazing thing going on

If you have got this far then here is a picture from my flat
                              My custom built camper

Comment

Working...
                              X