Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first S-chassis - 180sx project pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first S-chassis - 180sx project pig

Couple days ago I bought my second car which is my first s-chassis a RPS13 180sx with a redtop SR20DET

Its in a very 'pig' state, dings everywhere, panels bent, but the chassis is fairly straight... and it was CHEAP

Here's a mod list for when I bought it:

also came with 9 months rego so I was pretty stoked.

Now to the bad part of it...
    The exahust gasket blew sending a flame through the bay and burning a few thing such as the igniter.
    But because the dude I bought it off worked as Nissan he supplied all genuine parts for me to fix it

This is pretty much how I bought it

A lot of research with wiring diagrams, service manuals and a weekend with the boys meant it was ready to run again

Compression test saw 150psi across all four cylinders which made me real happy and it started, very roughly though. Turns out I had gotten cylinders 1 & 2 mixed up on the igniter wiring, thankfully I crimped the connection (the turbo yoda tip :P ) and it was running perfectly.

Now time for a big service and its ready to drive on the road
    Last edited by skraM; 29-07-2013, 07:33 PM.

Looks like a good pick up

Bit of DIY work to the interior will make driving it so much more rewarding!
    1999 Nissan Primera P11
    1990 Mazda Mx5
    1995 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenkei
    1989 BMW 316i
    ????

Comment

Looks mad. Subscribed haha
      Originally posted by Dump
      If she blocks you on FB that means she wants your penis.
      Originally posted by krayziemike001
      While you're at it you may aswell ring up the grim reaper and make a reservation.
      sigpic

Comment

Everybody needs an s chassis at some point, can't wait to buy mine

defiantly will watch this one

Comment

Looks like a fun ride. Weren't you scared that you boucht a turd because off the engine problems. Good to see everyting worked out great!!

Comment

Good stuff! Welcome to the world of S-Chassis you'll be spending a lot of time working on the thing.
            $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
            $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Another Newy boy with an S Chassis eh? Shame you didn't get this earlier or I would've given you spare parts I threw out >_< keen to see how this ends up.

Comment

nice work with it

Comment

Originally posted by Batje View Post
                  Looks like a fun ride. Weren't you scared that you boucht a turd because off the engine problems. Good to see everyting worked out great!!
                  It's the risk I took, the timeline for looking for a car like this to buying this one and taking it home was about 3 days haha

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                  Good stuff! Welcome to the world of S-Chassis you'll be spending a lot of time working on the thing.
                  already have :P but so looking foward to more work

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                  Another Newy boy with an S Chassis eh? Shame you didn't get this earlier or I would've given you spare parts I threw out >_< keen to see how this ends up.
                  yeah would've been good, on the search for a few little things at the moment too

So the pig had its first proper outing tonight

so much fun to drive, and everything seems to work pretty good in terms of handling and things. Loving it at the moment

Comment

Newcaslte meet was on last thursday and took the 180, en route to our destination for the cruise and the car just suddenly lost all power
                    3 hours on the side of the road checking over the car which lead to a dead fuel pump (so I thought at the time) and eventually calling a tow truck getting home at around 2 o'clock

The next day did some more testing and the wiring was at fault, a broken relay caused this all. Had a spare one in my room and it stared first go this time :P
                    I thought while I was working on the car I'd finish up the PCV hoses so no oil gets spat into the bay anymore, 10 minute job and thats all good now too.

Also ordered this from Gktech

over the radiator oil catch can - mad

some more pics :P

Comment

Working...
                    X