Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Starlet Glanza V Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Starlet Glanza V Replica

NAME : Daniel aka Siren676
    MODEL : EP91
    YEAR : 1998
    ENGINE & GEARBOX : 4E-FE with 4spd manual

This was my car about 2 years ago. (sorry for big pics)

How it is today

Mods i have done

Engine
    -Pod filter
    -Full 2-1/4" exhaust system with 4" tip
    -5E-FHE Exhaust Manifold

Interior
    -EL44 cynos/paseo front seats
    -Glanza v dash
    -Small external tacho (till i can get the in dash one working)

Exterior
    -98 spec Glanza V front bumper, headlights and bonnet
    -Glanza rear bumper, tail lights and hatch
    -Customized glanza side skirts to fit the rear doors
    -15x6.5" SSA Rush mags with 195/50-15 tyres

Sounds
    -Pioneer Head Unit
    -Stock 4" speakers in front.
    -Pioneer 16cm Speakers in parcel tray

Handling
    -Glanza front sway bar
    -Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar
    -Ultra racing front strut brace
    -New shocks & Jamex superlow springs
    -GT starlet front brakes

Future upgrades
    -5E-FHE & C52 gearbox - have engine just saving for install
    -Rear strut brace
    -Maybe a turbo

I have also done a few track days and had the car dynoed so i have something to compare it to after the engine swap.
    Best 1/4 mile - [email protected]'s
    Pukekohe raceway - ~1:26 dad using a stop watch
    Dynoed at 72hp atw

Some vids from the various events I have attended.

Dyno before any bodywork mods

Recent track day at Pukekohe

Most of this has been copy pastad from other forums, so sorry if some of it doesnt make sense.

Comments and suggestions welcome
    1998 5DR Glanza V Replica
    1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
    sigpic

Great work on the car mate =)
    Originally posted by MrCelica
    This is true. But i'm the guy that gets into the brawls. You're more of a, drunk uncle..

Rising Son- Why does the five-o have steelys and alloys??
    Rake- Bling up front, burnouts down back! It's like the car equivilent of a mullet.

sigpic

Comment

Looks good for a Rep!! Thumbs Up!!!
      ライジング息子
      sigpic
      知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

Awesome transformation mate !

now i miss my old Vitz

Can't wait to see where this goes (Y) keep it up

Comment

I wish I could get mine to look like this haha, tho I do know where I can get a Glanza front end for a few hundred bucks.
          Dubbed by Moog: "The Bible of Cars", has spoken | MCM RPS Finalist

Comment

looks tops mate, although glanza's never came in 5 door, your car would suggest otherwise, well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanical Stig View Post
              looks tops mate, although glanza's never came in 5 door, your car would suggest otherwise, well done.
              Had to pick it up I refrained myself from posting that :L but im sure the owner knows seeing the amount of research that would have been needed to bring it to this shape

Comment

Yeah i wanted all the looks of a Glanza but the practicality of a 5 door so i decided to make something unique and put 2 and 2 together.

Im going to a track day & gymkhana next Sunday at Hampton downs so Ill try to get some in car footage of that.

I have also found a 5 speed gearbox which ill probably get next week. Im tired of the car revving heaps at 100k's.
                The gearbox is from a 4e-fte so its stronger and will be able to cope with most/all future power mods.
                1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
                sigpic

Comment

That's such a cool little car man, why does every other country get good little cars other than the US!? That's a great before and after, I gotta admit thats a huge amount of progress.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cheers man, sometimes i cant believe the progress that ive done on it. They dont have starlets in the US? I think Toyota made some in LHD

Today I attended a track day at Hampton Downs, that track is awesome!!! The elevation changes and tight corners make it a really fun track.
                    Dad got a few videos of me but some of them he couldnt see the screen on the camera and ended up taking vids of the sky
                    Im uploading the 2 good ones at the moment but it may take some time as were over our cap
                    1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
                    sigpic

Comment

Videos finally uploaded.

Turns 2 & 3

Turn 5
                      1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
                      sigpic

Comment

Finally installed my amp for the 6x9's which i bought from jaycar. Its a 2x80wrms Precision Response amp which seems perfectly matched to the speakers 75wrms.
                        I must say that it is a very loud setup for the price that it cost.

Made a mount for the amp that sits between the suspension towers to hold it in place. Its easily removable if I choose to take it out when I go drag racing.

Photo0186.jpg

I also found an old video from one of my first drag meets.
                        I was racing against my friends 4wd starlet with the same engine as my car. I only just won.

1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
                        sigpic

Comment

Never seen one before, might have had a revised exterior tho.... I just love this car soooo much.

I'm very impressed by the amount of tracktime you've seen, I'm only 16 so I cant really get out there yet (I have to be 18 ), I always love talking to people who get out there and see what there mods ACTUALLY DO! It's pointless to mod, performance wise, if you aren't going to test your cars new limits.

Hats off to you sir
                          Last edited by Heco94; 23-07-2011, 04:37 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh lord, I read Starlet Glanza, and my eyes twinkled. That's like, my childhood car, kinda. I love it!

As JDM as Sauerkraut

1994 Audi 80 V5 Quattro
                            1997 Audi A4 1.8
                            1994 Mercedes-Benz C180
                            1989 Mercedes-Benz 300CE
                            1994 Mercedes-Benz C220
                            1992 Mercedes-Benz 400SEL
                            1994 Mercedes-Benz S420
                            1997 BMW 525i
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 280E
                            1995 Mercedes-Benz E320
                            Future:
                            I need to stop buying cars...

Comment

Originally posted by Heco94 View Post
                              Never seen one before, might have had a revised exterior tho.... I just love this car soooo much.

I'm very impressed by the amount of tracktime you've seen, I'm only 16 so I cant really get out there yet (I have to be 18 ), I always love talking to people who get out there and see what there mods ACTUALLY DO! It's pointless to mod, performance wise, if you aren't going to test your cars new limits.

Hats off to you sir
                              Thanks man, I dont think they have starlets in the US (something about frontal impact laws?) so that may be why you havent seen one
                              Bummer about the track days, over here if you have a licence you can drive on a track. Ive seen 15 year olds going around a track learning to drive!
                              I love buying parts to actually improve performance and handling and experiencing how it effects the car rather than just getting a part for [email protected]#k value.
                              Ive actually just entered in a racing series for slower cars starting in October so there will be more vids coming soon. Ill try get an onboard camera by then.

Hope you can wait till your 18 and get on a track instead of being stupid and street racing.
                              In the mean time jump on a racing simulator on your computer and get some practice in

Originally posted by Mcmerc01 View Post
                              Oh lord, I read Starlet Glanza, and my eyes twinkled. That's like, my childhood car, kinda. I love it!
                              Glad to hear that man, I saw one when i was a kid and thought that they looked quite modern for a 90's car.
                              Last edited by siren676; 24-07-2011, 10:22 PM.
                              1990 Mazda MX5 NA6C
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X