Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zxing's new Rx7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zxing's new Rx7

Hey guys, as a few of you might know I've been looking for a car to replace my recently sold z32 for a while now

My new rotor is a 1979 RX7 (S1 - obviously)

As far as I can tell the car is completely stock. I bought it off the second owner, who was a middle aged man. The original owner was an elderly lady who passed away after roughly 30 years of loving ownership. Also has a full mazda service history and only just over 100 000 ks.

Here are a few pictures from the for sale advertisement:

The pre purchase inspection showed very little wrong with the car, all it needed for a safety certificate was new wiper blades

I picked up the car as soon as possible!

Got her registered about 2 weeks ago and now she's on the road. This mx5 parked near my house so i grabbed a pick to show some mazda love

I've had very little trouble with the car, other than the tacho playing up occasionally and a few issues with the air con clutch. Couldn't love the car more, best fun I've had with pants on!

I'm open to any feedback or thoughts on the car, especially if anyone can give me specifics on what particular model it is etc. Not sure where I'm going to go in terms of mods, at the moment I'm just trying to keep her in good working order!

Thanks for your time!

zxing
    2010 Mazda 3
    1979 Mazda Rx7 - check it out!

Good Luck with the Rotary man!
    98 240sx Kouki - Build Thread

Comment

wow! that is so clean, congrats man. Is that the original paint?

Comment

Originally posted by jrotterman View Post
        wow! that is so clean, congrats man. Is that the original paint?
        Yeah dude original paintwork and everything! Also works pretty amazingly mechanically considering it's age

I was so thrilled to find this little bastard!
        2010 Mazda 3

Comment

That is amazing Rx 7, it's beautiful

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2
          "if its perfect , why change it?!" -marty

Comment

Eurgh.

So much win.

Like so much, so so so much.
            1999 Nissan Primera P11
            1990 Mazda Mx5
            1995 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenkei
            1989 BMW 316i
            ????

Comment

Originally posted by xdxdxdxdlol View Post
              That is amazing Rx 7, it's beautiful
              Thanks man

Originally posted by Chrismx5 View Post
              Eurgh.

So much win.

Like so much, so so so much.
              Cheers dude i appreciate it! Especially considering how much i love your mx5 build
              2010 Mazda 3

Comment

That is impressively clean man, nice find!
                I honestly reckon you should spend some coin putting in nolathane bushes front to back, a rear sway bar, and some clean era-specific wheels for it... And then just enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Azza View Post
                  That is impressively clean man, nice find!
                  I honestly reckon you should spend some coin putting in nolathane bushes front to back, a rear sway bar, and some clean era-specific wheels for it... And then just enjoy it!
                  Thanks man! Yeah these are all mods I'm considering, especially the era specific wheels. The stockos are clean enough but they don't look that good. And there's nothing I hate more then people getting rims wrong, you know what I mean?
                  2010 Mazda 3

Comment

Yeah definitely. Work equips or SSR meshies would look good... Or dished out cherry-blossoms

Comment

Meh, unless your planning on tracking this I wouldn't bother with the bushings.

It looks tidy and I assume (and hope) you want to keep it that way..
                      1999 Nissan Primera P11
                      1990 Mazda Mx5
                      1995 Nissan Silvia S14 Zenkei
                      1989 BMW 316i
                      ????

Comment

Yeah I also don't want to spoil the originality :/
                        2010 Mazda 3

Comment

Every car I've ever owned has copped urethane bushes. A car that's already almost 30 years old will need the rubbers replaced, and IMO nolathane bushes are far more comfortable than stock items.

Comment

One of my only criticisms of the car is that the ride isn't fantastic. But then again it's a 30+ year old sports car with original shockies. It also feels much better than the other more heavily modified rx7s that I test drove.

I'm still deciding what I want to do in terms of suspension and handling mods etc
                            2010 Mazda 3

Comment

I think this is the cleanest FB I have ever seen in my whole life!!! I live it A friend if mine has a FB with a Twin turbo 5.6

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
                              Mazda Fan
                              2006 Mazda3 2.0L
                              1987 Mazda FC RX7
                              "I have money, it's trust and character I need around me. You know, who you choose to be around you lets you know who you are. One car in exchange for knowing what a man's made of? That's a price I can live with."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X