Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hayden121's BF SR Falcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im surprised i haven't seen your car or you seen mine im often in Brighton & work at the Brighton metro on weekends usually Sunday & Monday nights & my xr6 stands out like a sore thumb with the bigger inter cooler & lack of rear wing, i saw a falcon like yours on blacks rd/ south rd intersection with P Plates but wasn't sure if you had gotten off your L's, picture above suggest not yet but this was about a month ago.
    "Is it weird this gave me a Rageboner?"

Comment

oh I'm near Holden Hill/TTP area, so need to get my car on the road, driving me nuts (and my little boy who loves going for drives), you on the ford forums?
      Own a Ford EL Futura Wagon - Daily Family Car
      Want - either a Ford XH Ute for work, or a AE86 Weekend Car, or Both

Comment

Nah that wouldn't have been me, was thinking it could've been my sister but she's on her P2's now, You'll probably see it when I get my P's since it'll be around a bit more.

I'm on FordForums but I only really lurk the BSeries section and don't post much.
        Another Quality post from Hayden
        Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
        Originally posted by ADowbs
        In Volvo, we do trust.
        My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

hey mate love the colour, wish that colour came on holdens haha, some ideas on future mods for your car

2.5" catback exaust system ($300-400) gives the car a good grunt :P
          some 18" Ba xr8 rims
          k&n pod filter

other mods deppending on your taste,

remove spoiler
          debadge the falcon and sr

hope i have helped you with some ideas
          2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

GT Wing...GT Wing!
            How To Make And Upload Signature Pictures!

Originally posted by FortKid
            Blockomotive is currently in need of acquiring an external supplier for components beyond our technological and manufacturing capacities. If one of your fine companies could provide estimates on components such as, but not limited to, curves and or rounded surfaces please submit an offer proposal.

Sincerely,
            The Swedish Chef

PS: Bork Bork Bork
            Originally posted by In PM From Jmac to Alvin
            Yo GT5 god
            Alvin 'Wonder Boy'
            The 2nd Best Sim Racer on MCM

sigpic

Comment

I'm on ford forums also, getting ideas for mods and help etc, though no money to do anything
              Own a Ford EL Futura Wagon - Daily Family Car
              Want - either a Ford XH Ute for work, or a AE86 Weekend Car, or Both

Comment

Updated first post

Also, favourite picture I've ever taken.

P's in 42 days now, I can not wait.
                In Volvo, we do trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplater View Post
                  F6 kit + front lights

Fg f6 wheels

Or any type of kit which uses the xr type lights. Not a fan of the straight lights

Why would he want it to look like a ricer?

Nice car mate love the colour!, put some nice 18's on it lower it a little, super lows or something. if your not a fan of the dash do a vinyl wrap on it or something. keep it for a while, save for g6e turbo or somthing. maybe swap the spoiler for a boot lip.

Cheers Jonesy
                  sigpic

Comment

Dont put chrome on it. It looks horrid. Dont ruin the ride by putting massive wheels with no give in the tyres, or tucking me under the guards. Basically watch a few auto salon clips and use that as a list of things never to do to a car you intend to drive in public.

It is a nice looking car as is, with some tastful upgrades you can make it look nicer, without making it scream "look at me".

I think my car if anything is possibly a little over done on the exterior (gt stripes), but i will post it to give you an idea of what 18in rims with lowered springs looks like.

DSC_00051.jpg

I reckon the things that would look good on your car are some nice rims, slightly lower but still comfortable ride, possibly darker tint, then work on the inside.

Edit: Also fog lights are a waste of time, you are not really supposed to drive around with them on and can get booked for doing so.
                    Last edited by Jim; 17-07-2012, 08:50 PM.
                    2008 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...im-s-XR6-Turbo
                    1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...k-Toy-R33-GTST

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy484 View Post
                      Why would he want it to look like a ricer?

Nice car mate love the colour!, put some nice 18's on it lower it a little, super lows or something. if your not a fan of the dash do a vinyl wrap on it or something. keep it for a while, save for g6e turbo or somthing. maybe swap the spoiler for a boot lip.

Cheers Jonesy
                      Thanks man! I've got a few plans for it but the ultimate goal is to either turbo this or buy an FG turbo. The dash I'm actually pretty happy with, it was these guys who kept saying to change it I'll probably do the wheels last, I'll see what suits the rest of the car when I'm up to it. The spoiler suits the rear without the XR skirt so that's staying until I can get that painted and fitted.

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                      Dont put chrome on it. It looks horrid. Dont ruin the ride by putting massive wheels with no give in the tyres, or tucking me under the guards.

It is a nice looking car as is, with some tastful upgrades you can make it look nicer, without making it scream "look at me".

I think my car if anything is possibly a little over done on the exterior (gt stripes), but i will post it to give you an idea of what 18in rims with lowered springs looks like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16306[/ATTACH]

I reckon the things that would look good on your car are some nice rims, slightly lower but still comfortable ride, possibly darker tint, then work on the inside.

Edit: Also fog lights are a waste of time, you are not really supposed to drive around with them on and can get booked for doing so.
                      Your car looks great! I'm very much a fan of our colour, I was thinking about making it similar to the BF MK2 Fairmont Ghia's with the XR skirts and the normal front end. I'll see how money permits but your list of things that you think would work is pretty much what I'm planning.

I missed a set of skirts already in the correct colour on eBay for 150, kicking myself.
                      In Volvo, we do trust.

Comment

Amassing a collection for an interior overhaul, more to come over the next month. Will fit it all at once and then get it professionally detailed.

Shitty pic, iPhone + low light = no.
                        In Volvo, we do trust.

Comment

Updates needed.

Comment

Very tidy! Nice work!
                            05' Ford Territory - Mum magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh795 View Post
                              Updates needed.
                              Hasn't been any updates! All my money's been going into fuel/other toys. Good car to drive though. In the new year it'll get some low and some chrome but I'll leave it mostly.

Figured I should post a bit about the other car I've been driving!
                              Mum got herself into a WRX and this was going spare so I've been using it. Mostly because it fits my Slider in the back and the Falcon doesn't

2011 Subaru Impreza RX

At a slider meet with a few mates

Who says a tiny Subey can't move a 12ft pole?

And the other driveway addition (not mine though unfortunately)

Haven't bothered with mods on either of the cars for various reasons. Just driving them and enjoying myself at the moment
                              Last edited by Hayden121; 14-11-2012, 10:09 PM.
                              In Volvo, we do trust.

Comment

Hey mate, i've got a BA Fairmont Ghia and the best bang for buck upgrade you can do is an F6 lower CAI snorkel combined with a larger upper XR6T snorkel. The mid range power and change in note is simply phenomenal.
                                2003 MERCURY SILVER BA FORD FAIRMONT GHIA

Comment

Working...
                                X