Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wabbit's 07 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wabbit's 07 Golf

Hey guys my old thread I made was kinda all over the place so I decided to remake it with some reserved slots.

So back in November of 2010 I picked up my baby. I was originally in the market for a MKV Jetta but once I took the Golf for a test drive on a whim I knew there was no going back. Got her the next weekend:

Certified used with an additional 2 year 24,000 warranty on top of the one year of factory warranty.

So I wasn't really planning on modifying this car I knew I wanted to modify a car but after looking at at a few VW forums I decided to go for it. I decided the way I would take it is a mostly OEM/with a slightly personal touch.

My first mod was some tint and a upgraded OEM radio with 6 CD changer and Satellite radio.

I knew I was going to go for the black/red theme with the colors and I wanted to tint my tails so I went the cheap way and got some Lamin-x tail tint

It looks good...from a distance you get up close its all stretched and cut everywhere

I saved my cash for a bit and picked up a APR CAI, a catback exhaust, no name cheap headlights that look decent, and a sport front spoiler:

Oh yea and a euro vanity plate xD. The headlights I'm getting weary of and I think I'm gonna grab some GTI projector reps. And the most important mod of them all!

I let my car sit as is for a couple of months and a cheap set of tails came along that were tinted, just not as much...but I think its a much cleaner look.

At this point I wasn't sure exactly sure which way to go next I could get coilovers/lowering springs, wheels, or get my GTI side skirts and all my lowers painted to match the color of the car. Ultimately a set of cheap wheels came my way and decided to buy them. So Brand new wheels and rubber, along with red calipers (+25kw!!!!!!!) leaves me looking like this:

Jan 15th, 2012 update
    Took a break from modding let my funds recover for a bit so not much has happened. I got a new Stealth sub box and a JL audio 10" sub as my 10 year old kicker wasn't fairing too well and took up WAY too much space.

P.S. Ignore that mess that looks like wires down there i still gotta tuck those away somewhere :P

Today i came out to my car after work to find i had a flat tire >.> So i guess I'm goin ghetto spec until i can repair the hole a 4" screw left in my tire!

Now because of the holiday season i don't have a lot of cash but i have managed to acquire a few parts: Fog light kit, headlight switch from a GTI (for the fogs), badgeless front grille, and i have new headlights coming in a couple of months. I also am in the process of finding a good paint shop to color match my side and bumper moldings along with fix some issues on the front bumper (that euro plate is there to cover the ugly holes from the old plates).

Thanks for looking guys lemme know what you think!
    Last edited by DubWabbit; 06-01-2012, 11:22 AM.

-Reserved Space-

Comment

Looks nice man! Gotta love the Golfs! Any future plans for the car? Engine upgrade at all?

G oes
      O ff
      L ike
      F ireworks

Comment

MK5's are the shiz
        I love it, keep it clean mate!

Comment

Nice wheels wabbit! I always loved those! Epic color combo

Is that a single muffler exhaust? or did you just not install the other tip yet?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchieeeee View Post
            Looks nice man! Gotta love the Golfs! Any future plans for the car? Engine upgrade at all?
            Only plans I have for the Engine atm is a ECU flash. I need it too I can be getting much better fuel mileage.

Originally posted by Heco94 View Post
            Nice wheels wabbit! I always loved those! Epic color combo

Is that a single muffler exhaust? or did you just not install the other tip yet?
            It's a single tip my local muffler shop put on a new catback exhaust and somehow "lost" my tips and after an hour of them standing around and acting like they were looking I told them to put this one on. If i find someone selling their tips or if they come on sale I'm gonna pick some up.

Comment

Try finding the MagnaFlow's, there ****ing HUGE!!!!!!

But I gotta say, I should make a more organized build thread, mine is pretty messy too.
              sigpic

Comment

So much love for the golfs
                Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
                MR CELICAS TOY!
                MrCelicas Family rides!
                Originally posted by Rake
                MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

very nice car dude. looks real good. that engine bay is incredibly clean too.
                  Current Car:1995 Honda Accord C27A4 V6
                  Dream Cars:
                  Nissan S13 KA24DE(JDM!!)
                  2nd Gen Cheverolet Camaro "Split-Bumper" With a DZ 302 Motor
                  02-05 Honda Civic EP3 Hatch Type R

Comment

Nice MK V.

Very Clean look. Its a shame that we do not have the 2.5 Liter engine here in europe. Only in the Audi TT-RS as turbo.
                    Our biggest NA Engine ( under the R32 V6 ) was the 2.0 FSi with 150 hp.
                    "Oversteer is when the passenger is scared; understeer is when the driver is scared!!"

Comment

Haha yea somehow the 2.5l only makes 150 too >.> guess a little better economy and more torque is always a good thing :P Can't wait to get it chipped and be a non-turbo GTI! If i decide to keep the car for awhile i might look into a turbo kit, but if im gonna do it I'm gonna get a KO4 and do it right I just costs three grand D:

Comment

oh ya you can use the K04 on the 2.5 can't you? I forgot about that!

Ya software really changes the car, my car is a absolute monster compared to my freinds stock MK6. but then again chip's give bigger gains to the GTI's.

But I have seen I/H/E w/chip rabbit's take GTI's. In my opinion thats pretty damn epic
                        sigpic

Comment

Jan 5th update guys new photos on the first page.

Comment

I was confused about the 2.5 until I realised you were from America.
                            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTD.

"Fast, cheap, reliable; you may only choose two."

Comment

Originally posted by Dubwabbit
                              Hey guys my old thread I made was kinda all over the place so I decided to remake it with some reserved slots.
                              I see this trend among mkv golf owners

Just to be nosey, how much does one of these set you back in Kentucky? They go between 10-12 for a good condition one here!

Looking great so far though
                              sigpic
                              My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
                              Click here for the MCM Shop
                              Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
                              "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
                              -Michael Jordan

Comment

Working...
                              X