Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wabbit's 07 Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmacman12 View Post
    I see this trend among mkv golf owners

Just to be nosey, how much does one of these set you back in Kentucky? They go between 10-12 for a good condition one here!

Looking great so far though
    Around the same price i paid 13 for mine and it came with a 2 year re-certified warranty on top of the remaining year of factory warranty and i got new tires and rims in that price too

Also bought it with 30k on the clock

Comment

Originally posted by DubWabbit View Post
      Around the same price i paid 13 for mine and it came with a 2 year re-certified warranty on top of the remaining year of factory warranty and i got new tires and rims in that price too

Also bought it with 30k on the clock
      I'd buy one from you guys if that were the case, seeing as the ones here have 50/60k and rust on the undercarriage (thanks canada) lol

I know you've mentioned it but I hope that you will still paint the side moldings, eye brows, front lip and rear bumper because it would make it proper maaad!
      sigpic
      My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
      Click here for the MCM Shop
      Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
      "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
      -Michael Jordan

Comment

You guys go by KM though right? so 50/60k is similar to mine i have almost 40k miles on mine now

The door rubs, and the rubs on the front bumper will be painted for sure. I've been looking around and color matching everything looks a bit off to me. I'm thinking of leaving the front lip, the sideskirts (when i get them), and the rear bumper black just for some contrast.

Made some quick chops to get the general idea:
        Badgeless unpainted grille:

Badgeless color matched:

I'm kinda liking the Black grille better but its close
        Last edited by DubWabbit; 10-01-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Personally i preferred it with the badge... Now it looks empty.

But still good!
          Regards - Samantha XOXO
          2001 VX Commodore

Originally posted by brian_rs/ss
          modded auto's are the tits. but i still love playing with my stick.

Comment

When I said 50/60k I meant it in reference to imperial units (miles) where the k stood for a thousand!

I like fully paint matched rabbits because nobody has them. Think of the R32, and note that everything is the same color, no moldings or mis-matched bumpers! But because it is not an R32, it looks unique and just as good!

In regards to your grill, I think the black is maaad! However, I would do one think differently.

Notice where the air vents end on each side of the grill? Well I'd leave the space to the right/left of the holes red. That way the blaaaaaaaack corresponds to a properly shaped black grill! If you don't get what I mean, I can chop it for you!
            sigpic
            My 2008.5 Mazda Axela GT
            Click here for the MCM Shop
            Have you seen the MCM WIKI page? If not, click here!
            "Limit's, like fears are often an illusion"
            -Michael Jordan

Comment

yea i know what you mean I'm gonna have to get off my ass and go talk to some paint shops soon.

Made a couple more chops here:

i like number one but number 2 is a bit more realistic to what can be done

Comment

new parts just came in yesterday; my sideskirts. I now have all the pieces I need painted hopefully I can get a decent price!

Comment

More parts! R32 reps with 8000k hids made by DEPO.

Looks like the bunny is gettin a facelift this weekend. Headlights and fogs are going in I'll make sure to take lots of pics. also got a good price locked in at a local euro tuner shop getting a chip tune and coilovers installed as soon as the tax refund rolls in. Full time student tax reimbursement FTW!
                  Last edited by DubWabbit; 06-03-2012, 12:00 PM.

Comment

OK this was a big weekend got my new headlights and foglights installed. The most difficult part of the install was wiring the new foglights but thats not saying much 5 wires to hook up the rest just plugged in as it was an OEM setup.

Started by removing the bumper and all the old components:

In went the new lights and fogs:

Everything put back together:

Got them somewhat aligned once it turned dark (will align properly later). For reps the beam pattern is pretty good.

Last edited by DubWabbit; 14-03-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

nice golf love the tail lights
                      2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

Thanks mate!

Did some more work this weekend, I got my badgeless grille painted and installed. I'm rather impressed at how it came out considering my lack of skill at painting. Don't rag on the guys that use rattles cans when done properly it looks almost the same as a spray gun. My only gripe is the filler pieces that came with the kit weren't well thought out I'll be fixing that sometime.

Comment

looks good,but yeah the fill in pieces stand out a bit i would love to go a badgless grill on mine if it wasn't for the cut out in the bonnet
                          sigpichttp://forums.mightycarmods.com/album.php?albumid=317

Comment

Yea i dunno i might just leave it. it will cost way more than im willing to pay to get it done professionally.

Comment

OK guys been awhile since I updated you all but I finally got the Wabbit dropped!

More pics to come after I give her a bath tomorrow and I also have a video that still needs to be uploaded.

Comment

looks good, just springs?
                                sigpichttp://forums.mightycarmods.com/album.php?albumid=317

Comment

Working...
                                X