Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

☯ Pats Kamakaze Carolla -AE92-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ☯ Pats Kamakaze Carolla -AE92-

Hey there everyone!

I've been lurking on the forums for few months, (with the occasional post).. This can be my official hello to the Mighty mods community.
    I'm here today to present my first automobile. I've always been a fan on DIY projects and such, MCM has definitely struck a cord with me.
    My interest in cars was spurred on by my older brother who has more or less lead me towards Toyota and specifically earlier corolla models (His project car is an Ae86)
    After literally years of searching for a car that would be suitable (cheap) I finally found one.
    I purchased this car on the 17/7. So far I'm loving it..

It's a 1993 Corolla SE hatch.

Main Modifications:
    -4age 20v Blacktop motor.
    -lowered on lovell springs, not sure about the struts..
    -Cat back Exhaust.
    -HID's
    I didn't originally like the colour but I 'think' it's growing on me..
    The car's a little rough in certain aspects, the Gear box crunches when shifting into 3rd unless you really take your time or shift under 2-3000rpm..but who would do that with a 4age? ... There are more few more little 'things' but I shall discuss them as I progress to altering/fixing them..

Planned Mods:
    -New wheels.
    -Interior retrim/ tidy up.
    -Engine Bay tidy up.
    -Cold air intake/ find stock plenum.
    -Coilovers.
    -New muffler.
    -Window tint.
    -Steering wheel.
    -etc..much more.

The day after I bought it, big chrome 18" wheels... Heavy. Slow. Chrome.. Promptly removed and sold

Jacked up to fit the stockies (in the rain)

Drum brakes (N) Waiting until I leave/comeback from a holiday overseas to get some rear disc brakes.

Yes, they were heavy... The change over to the lighter 13" stock wheels made such a dramatic improvement to the ride, no more scrubing and no more wheel into the wheel well with every pot hole and bump on the road..

The powaH house, 4age 20v Blacktop.. Running with stock rubber trumpets with uni-filters, currently looking for a stock plenum..Or materials to construct my own..

Interior shot..

My view when driving...A different steering wheel is in order.

In it's current state.

Lowered Corolla on 13" wheels doesn't agree with driveway hump.. Most cars with stock suspension scrap the underside of their car on the driveway unless the negotiate it in a very specific way.

I do have new wheels to fit.. I did have them on but had a little mishap during some bends on a trip home from Sydney (big offset + body roll = Major wheel scrubbing/ lugnuts loosening themselves...) We'll leave it at that for now..

That's about all for now, I should have been sleeping many hours ago..

-Pat

Thats a nice rolla with a great Engine - but please change the rear lights to Stock ones.

These clear Taillights doesnt look good.
    "Oversteer is when the passenger is scared; understeer is when the driver is scared!!"

Comment

Thank god you got rid of those wheels, those are absolutely horrendous. I only regret you didn't destroy them with fire.

Comment

Yeh swift move on removing those wheels what goes thru people's minds??? And in the rain now that's dedication!! As for the colour I think it's ok kinda suits it!
        ライジング息子
        sigpic
        知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
          Thats a nice rolla with a great Engine - but please change the rear lights to Stock ones.
          These clear Taillights doesnt look good.
          Thanks all!.. Yes, the tail lights, I too am not a fan of them, I've been trying to source some standard-ish ones since I bought the car..

Originally posted by ADowbs View Post
          Thank god you got rid of those wheels, those are absolutely horrendous. I only regret you didn't destroy them with fire.
          Would have been nice but they did make some unfortunate soul happy/ I have their money..

Originally posted by Rising Son View Post
          what goes thru people's minds???
          - I don't know.

Comment

Colour is hot, the lights go well with the colour. I'm a fan of Sex Spec and even i thought those wheels were too much. NOW that's saying something. If they were all chrome and no wacky colours, i may have thought otherwise. Chrome dress rings could suite those stockies though

Looks very clean! Good buy!
            Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
            MR CELICAS TOY!
            MrCelicas Family rides!
            Originally posted by Rake
            MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

Looked nice next to mine in the rain today... yes im stalking you ... photoshoot?
              http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

Now this, I like.
                Another Quality post from Hayden
                Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
                Originally posted by ADowbs
                In Volvo, we do trust.
                My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

Good to see you have some taste, it looks far, far better with the stockies. And it won't be as much of a police-magnet aswell. It'd be a fair little rocket for a P plater car.

Comment

very nice. those chrome wheels where pretty cool but
                    sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

Originally posted by MrCelica View Post
                      Chrome dress rings could suite those stockies though. Looks very clean! Good buy!
                      Thanks ...Yeah, I did think about getting some chrome/silver dress rings but thought I may as well put the money toward other things (coilovers for one) as I need to get the wheels I have back on. + The tyres on the stock wheels are pretty dangerous in the wet and with me being a cheap bastard I don't want to pay for new ones...

Originally posted by Faynie View Post
                      Looked nice next to mine in the rain today... yes im stalking you ... photoshoot?
                      Haha, I ended up going to Canberra with Murdock and such..and forgot about you. Get anything in town? .. Photoshoot sometime, ya.

Originally posted by Hayden121 View Post
                      Now this, I like.

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
                      Good to see you have some taste, it looks far, far better with the stockies. And it won't be as much of a police-magnet aswell. It'd be a fair little rocket for a P plater car.
                      Trying to keep the mods tasteful. It's still low and loud, although I have only been pulled over once and that was for an RBT. Fast enough for me.

GTI Grille I put on a few days ago..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSaiyanPat View Post
                        Haha, I ended up going to Canberra with Murdock and such..and forgot about you. Get anything in town? .. Photoshoot sometime, ya.
                        I got some free water from maccas ... but not really... just went to the pedders shop got a quote and measured where my car would sit afterwards... a bit of window shopping while i was there...
                        http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

yay another ae92! your a sexy ****

Comment

Nice man, bet that black top keeps you happy :P
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ADowbs View Post
                              lmao im going to agree on this one the steel wheels were by far the most impressive upgrade from thoes dinner platters
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X