Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MagnaP.I's ummm ... Magna?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChowMIEN
    replied
    Originally posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Sounds good man. Makes me want to dump more cash into mine :P
    that video sounds like my car except ive got a stock cat...

Leave a comment:

• BIGZED
    replied
    Nah...White commodore.

Pfffttt... What would I want with a crummy Magna? When I have enough crummy not-working cars?

Leave a comment:

• MagnaP.I
    replied
    Originally posted by DrLui View Post
    Nice man looks sweet, but where is your fluffy fabric softener?

Also do you watch rob and big ('murdered out' reference)
    Thanks Luis!

Hahahaha after a year it lost its strength and I removed it ..not to worry, I work for Colgate-Palmolive now so I can get free ones from work currently using Fab Spice Allure Sachet :P

Never heard of the show before! Just thought of it Coz i'm all gansta dawg #SWAG #YOLO

Originally posted by BIGZED View Post
    I recognise that street...

A friend of mine used to live around the corner from you. His mothers plates are "IAMAQT" I'm sure you would have seen it :P
    Hahaha stalker!! If anything happens to my magna I'll now know it was you :P

I recognise the plates but fail to think of the car. It's not a red modified Mazda-6 is it?

Leave a comment:

• BIGZED
    replied
    I recognise that street...

A friend of mine used to live around the corner from you. His mothers plates are "IAMAQT" I'm sure you would have seen it :P

Leave a comment:

• DrLui
    replied
    Nice man looks sweet, but where is your fluffy fabric softener?

Also do you watch rob and big ('murdered out' reference)

Leave a comment:

• MagnaP.I
    replied
    Well haven't updated this for a while! In which time many mods have happened....including ANOUTHER change in wheels

Since my last update I have:

- Installed "Parabolic" headlights from the sport/vrx/verada models
    - Fitted new 18" wheels - HP Racing 18x8's with Falken FK452 235/40/R18 tyres
    - Lowered the car using King Springs Low Springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable Front shocks and KYB Excel-G Rear shocks
    - Refitted original black trims and painted exterior door plastics to black. Now pursuing a 'murdered out' all black theme.
    - Took the car on a track (Winton)
    - Fitted HM Extractors off a Magna Ralliart
    - Painted the interior console with Mitsubishi "Sienna Red"

Piccies!

Will have an exhaust video soon and better pictures!

Leave a comment:

• Mistah JT
    replied
    Originally posted by MagnaP.I View Post
    Hahaha - well since you have the sports - all you need to do is get a $150 200cspi hi-flow catalytic converter from Scotts Rods in QLD and then have it professionally fitted to your car. The entire hi-flow cat cost me $200 with installation. Yours would sound very similar although the auto might drone a bit around 2000rpm. If you really want to spend big then get some extractors for around $600 and it'll sound incredibly mean.
    I got a 200cpi cat, and new rear muffler. Sucks the 200cpi didn't make it any louder, just got more noise when I'm mashing it, gives it louder note 3k and after.
    This is mine: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...-Exhaust-video
    That was just the rear muffler done to a 3" dump pipe.No point doing a new video with cat since to me it didn't change much

Leave a comment:

• MagnaP.I
    replied
    Originally posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Hahaha - well since you have the sports - all you need to do is get a $150 200cspi hi-flow catalytic converter from Scotts Rods in QLD and then have it professionally fitted to your car. The entire hi-flow cat cost me $200 with installation. Yours would sound very similar although the auto might drone a bit around 2000rpm. If you really want to spend big then get some extractors for around $600 and it'll sound incredibly mean.

Originally posted by DrLui View Post
    Looking good man. If you are tight for cash with lowering the boat, maybe look into compressing your current springs. There is a guy in thomostown that dose them, not sure on how the end result is but it is cheap. When i was looking into it in 2006 it was about $20 per spring
    Thanks Lui!

Cheers for the suggestion. Not a massive fan of compressing - especially when the stock ones are so big. That would probably impend on the structural rigidity of the spring. I'd prefer not to run the risk of catastrophic spring failure. I'll just pony up the money for a new set or keep searching for a 2nd hand set

Originally posted by ceebee View Post
    Looking good! New wheels look awesome!!
    Thanks heaps Ceebee! Love these wheels
    Seen them at the wreckers and it was a love that was meant to be LOL

Leave a comment:

• ceebee
    replied
    Looking good! New wheels look awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• DrLui
    replied
    Looking good man. If you are tight for cash with lowering the boat, maybe look into compressing your current springs. There is a guy in thomostown that dose them, not sure on how the end result is but it is cheap. When i was looking into it in 2006 it was about $20 per spring

Leave a comment:

• Mistah JT
    replied
    Originally posted by MagnaP.I View Post
    Hahaha now the honest truth comes out! I wasn't a big fan of them but I picked them for real cheap back in the day. Love the newies though. Has a proper brand name too :P

Oooo should I tell you or not? I feel like leaving you in suspense - just to be cruel. Did you not hear the exhaust at Winton or on the way there?

Car has had minor exhaust work. Basically I fitted a free flowing exhaust from a VRX model (frees up around 8kw - the stock one is very limiting) and a 200cspi hi-flow catalytic converter.

Sounds like this:

It's not very loud but you can hear it if I kick up the rev's past 4000rpm.

Leave a comment:

• MagnaP.I
    replied
    Hahaha now the honest truth comes out! I wasn't a big fan of them but I picked them for real cheap back in the day. Love the newies though. Has a proper brand name too :P

Oooo should I tell you or not? I feel like leaving you in suspense - just to be cruel. Did you not hear the exhaust at Winton or on the way there?

Car has had minor exhaust work. Basically I fitted a free flowing exhaust from a VRX model (frees up around 8kw - the stock one is very limiting) and a 200cspi hi-flow catalytic converter.

Sounds like this:

It's not very loud but you can hear it if I kick up the rev's past 4000rpm.

Leave a comment:

• BIGZED
    replied
    They wern't actually lambo wheels.... BBS RX-R's. Some new line that are being pinned as rotiform knock off's

That tibby.... Wow... Think he needs to go to specsavers

Leave a comment:

• Mcmerc01
    replied
    Yes... I disliked the older wheels.

Also, any exhaust work? Mcmerc thinks this is required. Don't think you have any work done though, I can't remember at the moment...

WAIT you did! or did you?

Leave a comment:

• MagnaP.I
    replied
    Haha surprisingly they actually do. K-Sport and Hot bits both made coilovers for the magna. Very hard to get your hands on them though. Recently a taiwanese company known as Kido made a special batch for the magna's. It was pretty cheap at $900 but I wouldn't trust it. Far too new and far to cheap for me to even consider them a viable choice.

LOL I have the cheapest lambo wheels ever! Haha

It'll be like this guy his Hyundai triburon that he thinks looks like a Ferrari. ROFL http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203134 <-- Worst part was that I actually seen this car in my church car park. I was afraid lol
    Last edited by MagnaP.I; 31-07-2012, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X