Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2 Vauxhall or Opel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2 Vauxhall or Opel

I have two Opel well ones a Vauxhall so here is a thread on there slow progress might as well put both cars in the one thread
    so the cars well
    Vaxuhall Chvette 1982 1.3

Opel Corsa 1997 1.2

The plans for the Chevette.
    Stock all the way going to tire and restore it back to the way it was when I got it

The plans for the Corsa.
    Well this will tell you
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...y-new-car-help

So tomorrow I will be picking up the Corsa from my aunts house and driving it home to my house so far I have order
    40mm lower springs
    Wind deflectors all 4
    White dial kit
    New break pads
    Back box
    Passage mirror glass

Trying to get a set of m3 mirrors with indicators and a bucket seat of my dad may have to pay for them
    The new toy its big blue also grey a 1995 Toyota Corolla G Touring 1.5L
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...158#post480158
    When will they see me in space 32 lights on my camper and growing
    My custom built camper
    I have a magic Corsa it turns water into oil and oil into petrol
    My Opel Corsa and Vaxuhall Chevette

UPDATE ON CORSA

Picked it up today and when I was in town I got some pads for the front set off to do them and forgot it need disk
    Also I have order a set of lower springs and shocks I went with 60mm cause 40mm didn't look much different a new clock with rev counter as mine as none and doesn't work will be doing the MCM with the shift light in the clock some cool blue LEDS for all the cabin lights cause none work. I also have worth a list of things to buy in the next few weeks need to get it though a test

Here are some better pictures

Also cat like keyboards when your typing
    My custom built camper

Comment

Corsa update
      Plans always change I ordered 60mm lowering spring instead of 40mm there where the same price so I said hell why not and the Wind deflectors I ordered aren't available any more they offered me other brand which I have used and hate so I said no.

Well another update there would be pictures but the camera cable as gone walk about again so far I am waiting for parts to come in which should be here next week so I did other job.
      I took all the plastic trim out of the boot on the driver side to fix the missing thing for the shock to hold the boot open only to discover you can't get behind the panel pictures will make it clearer so I had a look in my odd bits boxes and found a set old Nissan Micra boot shocks and made them fit only got to bolt it down.
      We all need a radio well mine is going to be fun all the wires where cut and are very hard to get at so I will make a new radio loom over the next few days and tape the old one up.

In other news I will be killing my cat he broke the grill which was just holding on by one plastic clip so this mean time to get a new one with out the badge
      My custom built camper

Comment

Cool little opel! My uncle had a Opel Kadett back in the 90's, I think it was like an 86'' or something. It really started my love of cars.

I'd love to see that Opel slammed, I think it would look epic on some wide RS's
        sigpic

Comment

Slamming won't happen on my roads but a 60mm drop all round and the alloys of my old starlet in black of coarse should give the slammed look
          My custom built camper

Comment

So some pictures
            Front disk gone and still waiting on new ones don't worry the the caliper is not hanging there its resting on a wheel and as sicen been bolt to the car

No wonder why it wouldn't stop the other side was metal

The boot holding its self up

Now with a Nissan part

All this rain as made my yard look bad half is grass the rest is gravel and some of those hole are deep enough to get my camper to sit on the ground
            My custom built camper

Comment

Corsa update

Been with out a car of any sort is turning me mad been talk to the cat all day he as yet to answer me. But my mum who was in town picked my car parts up so now I have 2 front disks track rod ends and a back box to crack on with
              My custom built camper

Comment

Changed all my clock bulb's to blue and it looks way nicer now.
                My custom built camper

Comment

Well the Corsa is now insured and booked for its NCT on the 2nd of Feb

What as happened to the car well New disks and pads track rod ends gone into the front cleaned it washed it and then drove 400 miles in it to and from my dads house nibble little car to me remember I drove a 3ton van before not the best handling but I think the lack of tread on the wheels may be the problem there not going to put on the Chevette wheels till the the tracking is done as it is not right yet and I'm still waiting for parts for the suspension which should be here in the morning.

So this weekend going to England to my sisters place which is in Southend-on-Sea England and Google Maps say its 856km one way and should take me 11 hours we will see So if any one see a Irish reg black Corsa at the side of the road say HI
                  My custom built camper

Comment

Update on Corsa
                    First this the corsa came with no rev clock and no working clock so I picked up this clock

Which I didn't like the black dial face so I order this

On the clock

And for some odd reason none in the car

Now the fun bit my new shocks and spring came in a big GLS van this morning he got lost finding me but that always happing so I went a head and took out the old shocks and spring out and set about bring this car nearer to mother earth

First I did the back only to find my spring claps didn't fit so I jacked the car up then hopped into it and removed the top shock bolt and let the stock spring fly and fly they

Before I know the plastic arch is looking crap but soon I will sort it

During no rot or rust

After that looks better

The front

Before

During not new disk and pads and track rod end see all new stuff in one picture I spoil you all

Some camber bolts to help with the wheels I plan to run

After with the wheel I will be using I don't think my shoe will fit in there dose rub a bit ok a lot with this wheels but its only the plastic arch

And to top it all of I had my boss watching me the Cat Mr. Squeezy and no he still hasn't answer me yet
                    My custom built camper

Comment

looks really cool. in aus these are holden barinas
                      sigpic

BY NDH 795

Comment

Thanks
                        Never new they where sold out side of the EU
                        My custom built camper

Comment

Well I'm back for an update Corsa back box is fixed and all the blown lights are fixed also the Chevette wheel are on it and it handles a lot better may be down to the fact they have some rubber also the chevette wheels make the car look like it is a rally car may be the fact that there silver and in your face

Now where did I go to well my good old Dell of 4 or 5 years crashed again it as been very very unreliably from day one but after a few weeks it comes back to life again which it always do I'm now going to by Sony laptop some time this year
                          My custom built camper

Comment

And some pictures the engine you can here the power

Oh and the new disks pads and track rod end I know I forgot the red paint but all I had was pink high temp paint that must take some KW away and I need all I can get
                            My custom built camper

Comment

Now I know why the fan ain't working and the fuse kept blowing shocking had to remove the hole front end to get to it there is no space in he engine bay

Got pissed of with people keep telling me my tow eye cover is missing so I did this
                              PIC LATER PHOTEBUCKET NOT WORKING
                              Sure with the back done might as well do the front also covers up the crack a bit and it need another bumper this one keeps falling of

And one of the back of the car and you can just see the new back box poking out

All ready for it NCT Thursday bar headlight alignment
                              My custom built camper

Comment

Working...
                              X