Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

07 Ford XR6 Turbo Ute (Pic heavy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Ford XR6 Turbo Ute (Pic heavy)

Expanding from my introduction thread.
    I bought my ute on Jan 1 2010 (2 years today i just realised ) as dead stock apart from bluetooth with 45,000km on clock.
    Here it is after driving it 1000km from Brisbane to Mackay when i bought it. 2007 Ford XR6 Turbo Ute. In Seduce, 6 speed auto and all interior options.

Look at that massive 4x4 ride height.

Before i had bought the car home i had a front mount waiting at home for it. Was on special and what i wanted so jumped the gun and bought it.

Compared to factory cooler.
    The car also got a Typhoon lower airbox , DBA 4000series front rotors, bendix pads and stayed like this for quite a while. Only mods were ipod connection and replacing as many bulbs with LED as i could.

Then i bought a few things. I replaced the 17inch wheels with worn out front tyres with factory 18inch wheels with good rubber. 1 inch lowering blocks went in the rear at this time as well.
    I had also been slowly peicing together a hardlid setup and got it painted by a spray painter friend.

Not long after i bought 30mm Whiteline swaybar and a twin 2.5inch catback exhaust. I fitted 3 inch tips in same style as factory ones.

I also got my OBD2 gauge reader. Plugs into standard computer port under dash and i can display almost anything i want in whatever style i want.
    I have mine set to read Oil temp, Trans temp, Air intake temp, Coolant temp, Timing and Boost.

Comes in handy alot, i know when my car has warmed up properly. I can read error codes and it also tells me when to shift if im in manual mode.
    Not long after getting the factory 18s i had the chance to buy a set of aftermarket 18s that had never been on a car from a friend.

They are Apec RSD. a copy of the Advan RSD. 8.5 front and 9.5 rear. Meaning i now have 265 on the rear instead of factory 245. I only went 18s as the roads here are pathetic and there was a chance i was going to do alot of highway driving out west for work which thankfully didnt happen.
    For my B'day my Gf bought me Ipod video input for my car. Was all plug and play. It tricks the car into thinking your just using factory sat nav. I mainly play music videos on it but people have watched movies on longer trips. Usually blows people away when they see it. One of my fav mods on the car.

Then the bigger mods started. I slowly started collecting parts for when i was going to get a tune done. On the XR6 Turbos there isnt much you can do without getting a tune, no raising the boost, no big exhaust systems.
    I bought a set of 42lb Bosch injectors, a 4.5 inch highflow cat, new spark plugs, X3 flash tuner, Tein front coilovers, and a new intake setup with more intercooler pipes.

Intake went in first. Factory intake path has the airbox on the passenger side , crosses over the motor to the turbo. Its long and i didnt like how it looked. New one sucks air in from behind foglight and front grill and goes straight into the turbo. Out of sight as well. Other intercooler pipes replaces the rest of the factory piping so now theres nothing remaining of the stock intercooler setup.

No bov fitted and it fluttered like crazy, even on the stock 4.5 psi boost and intake noise was awesome.

Next the Tein coilovers i got for a bargain were fitted. The rear was lowered another half inch to match it up better.

Day after the coilovers were put in it was time to get the rest of the goodies fitted.
    With the mods already fitted the car made 211kw which was pretty good for standard tune.
    Cat was welded into standard 3inch dump pipe, injectors fitted, spark plugs changed and the tuning began, Straight away the car wanted to make big boost. After some more tuning we got a repeatable 315kw on 12psi with conservative timing and safe AFR. I was only chasing 300kw so i was happy. Still on the standard fuel pump i wasnt game to push any more power. Tuning was done on Caltex 98 fuel.

Car was now an animal to drive under full power. Just keeps going on what seems like an endless wave of torque with the auto selecting gear after gear.
    Induction sound is unbeleivable and people hear me coming from ages away if im under boost. Highflow cat also livened up the exhaust sound as well.
    After tune havnt really done any other mods. I did add 2 12inch subs behind the seats but apart from that i just drive it on my days off.
    No real mods planned for future. May do fuel pump as a precaution. But cant wait for winter then its drag strip time.
    2012 Honda CB400 ABS. VTEC YO
    1994 Honda RVF400
    12 Hyundai IX35. Me and GF daily

Oh the forbidden fruit of Ford Australia we will never see here in the US.

Looks AWESOME
    Originally posted by MOOG
    Volvo is turbo and proper mad.
    Originally posted by Jenga
    You see, when a piston, block, crankshaft, and some fuel and air all love each other very, very much.....

Comment

Clean and what a sleeper. Keep going dude.....
      My mind chooses the Magna but my heart chooses the Skyline

Comment

Very very nice, surprise a few clubsport/maloo drivers out them im sure. Keep up the good work
        Originally posted by fitridebmx
        break it off and put it back on with zip ties
        Originally posted by Jenga
        So we don't have to remove our A-holes anymore? Where's the fun in that

Comment

I've said it on AFF and I'll say it here, This car is amazing!
          Another Quality post from Hayden
          Have my P's, now what do I count down to?
          Originally posted by ADowbs
          In Volvo, we do trust.
          My Boat: http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...s-BF-SR-Falcon

Comment

very nice, how do the tiens handle?
            i was looking at getting a set for my xr6t, ive just got a bigger fmic & capa tune for 270rwkw at the moment til i go bigger exhaust & injectors
            "Is it weird this gave me a Rageboner?"

Comment

Tiens are great. I got mine second hand with 14,000km or so I was told. I have mine on softest damper setting and I've got about 30mm height drop left. But already sits tyre on guard.
              1994 Honda RVF400

Comment

man. . . i gotta say AUS spec cars are strange looking.

Comment

Any new news? :P

Comment

1994 Honda RVF400

Comment

Hi, how much did the ipod video kit set you back, and where did you get it from?

Cheers

Comment

I got it as Birthday present from GF. Company called ASL automedia makes the kit.
                        Not cheap at about $400 from ASL
                        http://www.asllogistics.com/catalog/...Kit-p-219.html

We bought it through Universal Fuze. Same product, cheaper price.
                        http://www.universalfuze.com/ford_fa...interface.html
                        1994 Honda RVF400

Comment

What a mad ute!!!! 315kw for something that carries a spanner?!?!?!?! And the turbo flutter sounds like a rattle snake.....
                          My mind chooses the Magna but my heart chooses the Skyline

Comment

Originally posted by Stazza_Brendan View Post
                            I got it as Birthday present from GF. Company called ASL automedia makes the kit.
                            Not cheap at about $400 from ASL
                            http://www.asllogistics.com/catalog/...Kit-p-219.html

We bought it through Universal Fuze. Same product, cheaper price.
                            http://www.universalfuze.com/ford_fa...interface.html
                            Thanks for the response mate, just wondering is it only compatible with an iPod or iPhone or does it have different connectors?

Cheers

Comment

very nice dude but eww the spoiler haha
                              2002 Black Holden Commodore VX SERIES 2 S PACK

Comment

Working...
                              X