Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

07 Ford XR6 Turbo Ute (Pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m3ntyl
    replied
    Originally posted by Stazza_Brendan View Post
    People ask why i bought a ute, do you use it as a ute.
    Yes.
    Friday it had the 323's new motor in it and this weekend had the back full of tyres and tools and a car on the back.
    Oh my god. yes. So much yes. You sir, are living the dream. Kick ass ute with a boatload of torque, that can town track cars on the back, with tools in the tub. Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    Was really good on the flat, hovering in the 10s. But where i was going was up and down and 2 steep ranges so it jumped up for the hills. Didnt bother the car at all.

Leave a comment:

• INVSBL
    replied
    hows the fuel economy towing go?

doesnt look too low in the rear either

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    People ask why i bought a ute, do you use it as a ute.
    Yes.
    Friday it had the 323's new motor in it and this weekend had the back full of tyres and tools and a car on the back.

Leave a comment:

• lalo1003
    replied
    Look's awesome dude.. keep up the good work

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    You can drive it around like normal and apart from the slightly louder exhaust and the loud induction sound you wouldnt pick it as having over 400hp at the wheels.
    I definitely wanted a 6spd auto over the BA 4speed. The 4spd usually dont last long with over 300kw and even when rebuilt they are a bit iffy.
    With the coilovers and swaybar its more stiff then standard but i prefer that. I recently raised it up a little so its more friendly to drive around town with speed bumps etc.

And the latest addition, aftermarket FPR mounted to standard rail.

Leave a comment:

• Zonkers
    replied
    Oh lawdy, Lovin' it.

Out of curiosity how does it drive? The stock xr6/xr6t utes drive so nicely but how does your monster go? No match for my rodeo of course (joke) *goes and cries in corner*
    Drove a BF6sp auto for work the other day and boy is it leaps and bounds ahead of the BA 4sp, these cars are probably the only car I've driven that still have that 'something more' you usually only get in a manual, then again I've only been on the roads legally for 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• QIKSLVR370T
    replied
    sweet ride mate just a little more power than mine. I would KILL for the 6 speed auto lol

Leave a comment:

• Skks
    replied
    Hi there, I'm new in the forum, I must say that I love your thread! I shall say I'd be a fan of your progress! Thumbs up!

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    Last break i cleaned up the stereo install and ran the Amp off high-level inputs instead of straight off the ipod so now my subs have proper volume control and radio and cd's play through subs as well.
    Installed JL Audio 6.5 speakers in adaptors all round and put some sound-deadening along the rear firewall and a little behind the rear speakers.

Pulled apart

Sound deadening in and wiring modded

Finished product in the rear. Fire extinguisher is a safety thing. Not only for my car but anyone elses. Last car i had an extinguisher in i ended up using it on a friends car at the drags before a major under-bonnet fire took hold.

Stock compared to new. Factory were 5x7 so adaptors were needed.

New speakers in doors. Sound awesome compared to the factory garbage. Was going to get Alpine TypeS but when i heard these straight after my mind was made up.

So now the setup is.
    2x 12inch Sony Subs in square boxes
    4x 6.5 JL Audio C2-650x speakers
    1x Pioneer 2 channel 200wrms amp
    Ipod video on factory screen kit from ASL

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    Threw a catch can on today, Had the can at home and some hosing so why not. Will get another can thats better fit and ill mount it off a bracket, not a zip tie

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    David Sheehy. Well known tuner.
    Use to have the fasest XR6T in Aus a few years ago. Also had an 11 second xr6t years and years ago when an 11 second street car was amazing. Has done quiet a few big power cars.
    http://youtu.be/iFJYsn6WE-Y
    Road tune was about 30 mins then spent quite a while on the dyno. His reason for road tuning is he doesnt have a dyno/workshop. Tuning isnt his main source of income so he can usually nut out a basic tune on the road for nothing instead of hiring a dyno for an extra half hour/hour.

Leave a comment:

• AirStrike
    replied
    Who is tuning it? Can't say I know of any of the big tuners in VIC road tuning:s

Leave a comment:

• Stazza_Brendan
    replied
    Yeah, they make great power, But INSANE torque. A mates car makes 1300+ with more boost.

When road tuning, wideband up the exhaust.

Wideband and datalogger inside.

Final result

Road tune was to get the cars manners on the road sorted, dyno used to check boost and afr.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X