Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1967 Ford 17M P5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat makes it much easier, I don't even bother to try fighting with rusted bolts if I have blow torch.
    Also I need to replace tie rod end to my van next weekend. Didn't pass MOT.
    1982 Ford Taunus

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Originally posted by SBC View Post
      Heat makes it much easier, I don't even bother to try fighting with rusted bolts if I have blow torch.
      Also I need to replace tie rod end to my van next weekend. Didn't pass MOT.
      Hope you have an air impact gun handy.. Because those ball joints tend to just spin in place when you try to torque them down. Air impact gun will get the job done because hand tightening it will just spin it. Should be an hours job depending how rusty the ball joints are and if the cotter pin refuses to come out so you have to hammer it down to break it.

Thank god my left ball joint is still passable for mot. But the hole in the center muffler is not.. Gonna just tape it with muffler tape.
      Check out my Ford P5 1967 17M, And comment!

"The decisions you make, and the actions that follow. Are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself."

Comment

I'm gonna do that in auto repair shop, so I will have more than enough tools.
        1982 Ford Taunus

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

My birthday present arrived in the mail in German quality preciseness.

What could be inside a box of such greatness?

A sexy looking mittelschalldampfer auspuff.

Ignore the vacuum sex in the background.. The blue one is.. "Sucked out"..
          Last edited by BlueSedan; 19-04-2017, 09:49 PM.

"The decisions you make, and the actions that follow. Are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself."

Comment

UPDATE!

It sounds much better now.

Comment

Thats a unique little machine, can't say I have seen a v4 before. Weird but very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by spanner monkey View Post
                Thats a unique little machine, can't say I have seen a v4 before. Weird but very cool!
                Big motorcycles like harleys have V4 engines.. But indeed, very quirky and uncommon for cars.. Saab96 has the same V4 engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSedan View Post

Big motorcycles like harleys have V4 engines.. But indeed, very quirky and uncommon for cars.. Saab96 has the same V4 engine.
                  Wrong, harley use V2. V4 was or is just a prototype
                  1982 Ford Taunus

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Originally posted by SBC View Post

Wrong, harley use V2. V4 was or is just a prototype
                    Oh that's right, it was honda who made the v4 engines. Also ducati and yamaha are honorable mentions.

Comment

Here's a teaser for you guys:

What it sounds like.
                      Last edited by BlueSedan; 11-06-2017, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Okay looks like photobucket wants to quit the business. So off to find a new imagehosting site. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Going with imgur.
                        Last edited by BlueSedan; 10-07-2017, 06:13 AM.

Comment

The v6 will have a twin barrel carb.

Comment

UPDATE!

So ya'll thought i wouldn't do it.. But here i am.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X