Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1967 Ford 17M P5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlueSedan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    UPDATE!

So ya'll thought i wouldn't do it.. But here i am.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    The v6 will have a twin barrel carb.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    Okay looks like photobucket wants to quit the business. So off to find a new imagehosting site. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Going with imgur.
    Last edited by BlueSedan; 10-07-2017, 06:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    Here's a teaser for you guys:

What it sounds like.
    Last edited by BlueSedan; 11-06-2017, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    Originally posted by SBC View Post

Wrong, harley use V2. V4 was or is just a prototype
    Oh that's right, it was honda who made the v4 engines. Also ducati and yamaha are honorable mentions.

Leave a comment:

• SBC
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueSedan View Post

Big motorcycles like harleys have V4 engines.. But indeed, very quirky and uncommon for cars.. Saab96 has the same V4 engine.
    Wrong, harley use V2. V4 was or is just a prototype

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    Originally posted by spanner monkey View Post
    Thats a unique little machine, can't say I have seen a v4 before. Weird but very cool!
    Big motorcycles like harleys have V4 engines.. But indeed, very quirky and uncommon for cars.. Saab96 has the same V4 engine.

Leave a comment:

• spanner monkey
    replied
    Thats a unique little machine, can't say I have seen a v4 before. Weird but very cool!

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    UPDATE!

It sounds much better now.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    My birthday present arrived in the mail in German quality preciseness.

What could be inside a box of such greatness?

A sexy looking mittelschalldampfer auspuff.

Ignore the vacuum sex in the background.. The blue one is.. "Sucked out"..
    Last edited by BlueSedan; 19-04-2017, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SBC
    replied
    I'm gonna do that in auto repair shop, so I will have more than enough tools.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    Originally posted by SBC View Post
    Heat makes it much easier, I don't even bother to try fighting with rusted bolts if I have blow torch.
    Also I need to replace tie rod end to my van next weekend. Didn't pass MOT.
    Hope you have an air impact gun handy.. Because those ball joints tend to just spin in place when you try to torque them down. Air impact gun will get the job done because hand tightening it will just spin it. Should be an hours job depending how rusty the ball joints are and if the cotter pin refuses to come out so you have to hammer it down to break it.

Thank god my left ball joint is still passable for mot. But the hole in the center muffler is not.. Gonna just tape it with muffler tape.

Leave a comment:

• SBC
    replied
    Heat makes it much easier, I don't even bother to try fighting with rusted bolts if I have blow torch.
    Also I need to replace tie rod end to my van next weekend. Didn't pass MOT.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSedan
    replied
    UPDATE!:

Ball joint got replaced.

First. the castle nut pin was rusted tight so the only way to get it off was to just break it with a hammer from both ends and overtorque the castlenut with a long extension breaker bar.. SNAP it went off..
    Then i let the castle nut stay there while i bashed it with a hammer.. No dice.. Then i tried to bash the ball joint end with a hammer and no dice again.. So the only thing i could do is to go to biltema and buy a ball joint extractor tool:

After i torgued it down and bashed it with a hammer, a very loud snap and the thing fell off..
    NICE!

Okay next problem.. The ball joint was in a tube that had a clamp on it.. The ball joint wouldn't twist off.. Even after using pipe wrenches and a hammer, it wouldn't come off.. I tried soaking it overnight with WD-40 and no dice.. So off to the hardware store to buy a 1200celcius butane blowtorch.. Heated it red hot and with a snap, it started to come loose.. After spinning it back and fourth, i broke the rust free and got it off.. it was 26 turns in... Then i took the new ball joint and wet the threads with wd-40 and spun it in.. 26 turns.. The last 5 turns were super tight with a pipe wrench but i got it in.. Then i fished the ball joint to the wheel hub thing and put on the nut.. But when i tried to tighten it, the ball joint would just spin in place.. I tried crimping it with a locking pliers, no dice.. So i took a air ratchet gun and blasted at it.. After a while, it started to work and i got the ***** in.. Then i tightened the clamp around the tube and boom it works..

Measured the alligment and it's pretty much identical to the left side.

PICS:

Old vs new:

The old one had lots of play on it..

This blowtorch.. YOU DA REAL MVP!

Getting ready for summer.. Only need to plug the exhaust leak and i'm all set..
    It's the 50th anniversary of this car so it's currently 50 years old.. Gonna drive it a lot this summer and give it some love and care. Maybe even new door gaskets for that lovely "thump" sound these old german cars have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X