Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 Oldsmobile CC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 Oldsmobile CC.

So.. I don't even try to explain why this car looks like this you wouldn't understand, Finns, Swedes and Norwegians get it. At the moment it has mild 305cid small block chevy. It has RPM performer intake, some cam mostly just to make it sound cool, headers and 600cfm holley carb + th350 transmission with shift kit.

Here she is!

Little backstory; I have had this car now over 5 years. It has really been one of my best cars. Yes it's ugly af and all that bs, but it has always taken me where I need to be.
    My friend had this car before me and he painted it black and it got few nasty dents and all, because basicly it was just a party car. Then the transmission melted and he was about to scrap this car. I did an offer for him in the bar, I said I could pay 100euros for that car. This is how I got it.
    Last edited by SBC; 05-07-2017, 11:49 AM.
    1990 Chevrolet Chevy van G20

1984 Ratty Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

It's a piece of crap but it's awesome. I love the battered and dented look.. Normally cars have shiny paints and you don't even dare looking at it to prevent scratches.. But a car like this, you can climb on top of it and sit on the roof while drinking a beer and resting the beer on the car.. No need to cry over scratched paint. Also you can pretty much DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. Because few more dents aren't the end of the world.
    Check out my Ford P5 1967 17M, And comment!

"The decisions you make, and the actions that follow. Are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself."

Comment

After that it sat long time in my friends yard. Then one day we decided that me and my friends need a car that we can take and drive to american car show, we go there every year and now we really need a car. We started to fix this car, in one weekend we replaced the melted transmission, broken window, fixed brakes and headlight wiring. Only thing left was to get it pass MOT, and it did!

In all these years, this car has had many different forms, it have seen many km's and it has good and bad memories. This car has seen lot's of things.

But then, all good must come to an end. That poor old 307cid V8 it had had low oil pressure for years and eventually it ended up sitting under a tree for long time. In that time water (not coolant) found it's way inside the engine and because of that I drove it to my garage and left it sit there, in line with other broken cars in the yard.
      Last edited by SBC; 05-07-2017, 11:40 AM.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Before I left it just sit there and wait, I took the old 307 and transmission out. Sold the engine to my friend who did make a table from it and then I sold the transmission to my other friend who makes money fixing those and then selling.

This is what happend to this car. It sat there for the whole winter.

I did check it out every now and then and noticed that kids have been playing in that car (most likely), because someone had opened the doors, but nothing was stolen or broken.

And then new engine!

Also I put my aluminium radiator to this car and one electric fan + huge transmission oil cooler.

It does work nowdays and because the exhaust ends underneath the backseat, it has nice low and loud rumble when it idles.
        But it's not ready yet, most likely I will replace the torq converter with higher stall one at some point, because that cam it has and long rear end gear ratios doesn't work well together.

Last edited by SBC; 05-07-2017, 11:33 AM.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Spent little time today with this car, mainly just looking what I need to do to get her pass roadworthy test/MOT or what ever you want to call it.
          And I was curious to try if it fires up. Took 3 cranks, first 2 to get enough fuel to carb and on 3rd it fired up just like that. I had taken few beers and forgot to film the actual start, but I bet this will do. She sounds mean.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Did a little rust fix today.

I was meant to do one patch on the other side also because it has double layer there, but my welder broke down so I managed to do only that patch. I was so pissed off that I just called it a day and went home.
            Last edited by SBC; 05-07-2017, 11:43 AM.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Well... I think I have too much spare time.

Last edited by SBC; 05-07-2017, 11:44 AM.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Needs an OLVI sticker on the door arm rest panel.

"The decisions you make, and the actions that follow. Are a reflection of who you are. You cannot hide from yourself."

Comment

Time for roadworthiness test...

And it did pass!

Now I have this car back on the road so I can spend some time fixin some minor problems that my van has.
                  Last edited by SBC; 05-07-2017, 11:45 AM.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

I most likely will buy few chevy van rear axles soon. Those has 3.somethign gear ratio and this car has 2.7 gear ratio (long af). I need higher gear ratio rear end just because this car doesn't work like I want with that cam it has.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

I know what you mean. I had highway gears on my aspen and the acceleration was pretty sluggish.

Comment

That and I can't use 3rd gear under 60km/h.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

What a beast! I can't believe it passed a roadworthiness test, time for me to change countries!

Comment

Originally posted by spanner monkey View Post
                            What a beast! I can't believe it passed a roadworthiness test, time for me to change countries!
                            Haha, actually it's not as bad as it looks like. Our roadworthiness test is quite strict, so actually this car just looks bad, underneath of that beaten up body, there is really really good engine, frame, transmission, suspension and so on. I have spent quite a lot money in this pos

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Now all the images should work again.

1963 Oldsmobile Super 88

1974 Chevrolet El Camino

Comment

Working...