Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driven Daily Modest Miata (take 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which do you folks like more, the race footage or the story behind the race?

Comment

This was a bit more of a rough event, and was the first time I couldn't drive the car home afterward. I think it also bumped me out of the running for Class Champion this season. I should be able to repair it by Mt Philo next month, but I had really hoped to circle back on the Datsun after this one.

Here's race footage from one of my practice runs on Saturday. I'm not committing to corners like I would on race day, but it was still pretty quick. Good enough to be 6 seconds faster than my personal best, when I was pushing as hard as I dared.

Comment

New coils, wires, and plugs sorted out the stumbling issue. A new set of 225-45-R15 v720 tires solve the untrustworthy Maxxis tires.

... I think I'm ready for Philo this weekend, and I won't even be welding 'till 2am the morning of the event. I could get used to this.

Comment

Working...
        X