Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camo's Gen 3 RX Libby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo's Gen 3 RX Libby

Hey MCM Forum, wassup?

I'm back with another car. (My 3rd and I'm not even 17 yet... but that's besides the point.) I had the KE30 Corolla and TG Gemini - both before the forum got bamboozled.

... Anyway.

GEN 3 RX Liberty! Manual, sh*t loads of K's and random ignition of the Check engine light that lasts a maximum of 30 seconds! What more could you ask for!

Pros and cons!
    Pros: Really, really comfy and nice to drive. Compared to a Gemini it is really, really fast.
    Cons: Dents, rear bumper has been hit and we discovered that the right side of the car is now shorter than the left... Rear passenger door doesn't shut properly - the only fault brought up by this. There's a noise that comes from the front of the car somewhere when I accelerate. Not sure if it's diff or gearbox or else. Taking it to a mechanic for a service and to have a look at it. The check engine light randomly comes on. 90% of the time comes on when driving up hill and usually lasts from 5-30 seconds. A noise comes from the rear diff area when it's idling or low in revs, I'm thinking something is loose? Doesn't happen when going faster.

Phew.

Overall, the body is rough but the rest is good. Since the above photo I have put material tape over the hole in the back and painted over it, looks 100x better. Will get a photo soon.

Future mods are as follows:
    • 18 inch wheels. Not sure what kind yet. (Are they 5x100??? Can't find any solid evidence!)
    • Paint correction
    • Coilovers
    • (If its worth it) Heritage seats.
    • Good stereo. In the meantime I have my trusty FM transmitting iphone attachment.
    • New bumper and front guards.
    • (maybe) respray
    • (dreaming) JDM Ej20 twin turbo

Going for my P's on August 30... can't wait! Living on the east coast of Tassie is the best place for a P plater.

Thanks for reading! I'll be sure to keep this updated.

Your car most certainly is 5x100 mate. Nice stuff
    Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore - Build Thread -
    Project / Other Daily / Weekend Car: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -

Comment

Originally posted by applegeek897 View Post
      Your car most certainly is 5x100 mate. Nice stuff
      Cheers Now just need to find a good set

Comment

Work wheels... sooo good but sooo expensive! Now to search gumtree for some second hand ones... ahh

Comment

Update:
          Mechanic plugged in a scan tool... O2 sensor thank God. Being serviced tomorrow so should get a good look at the noises it makes.

Comment

Update 12/08/17
            Had it serviced on 15/07/17. The mechanic let us stick around and watch what he does, so we know what to look for when things might be getting worn out. Gave it an engine flush, a new air filter, oil + filter. Due for brake pads all round soon.

Checked out the damage in the back, and it's virtually cosmetic (thank God). Kinked the exhaust a little so it will now vibrate on the sway bar at low revs/going down hill. Really annoying, so I'll be in the process of deleting the rear muffler all together and just putting on a pipe from there. Not sure how it'll sound but hopefully better?

Saving up a little bit, will soon have an non dented front guard that I'll paint.

Comment

Always nice when they let you do that, lucky it was just something small. Nice you've got things sorted!
              Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore - Build Thread -
              Project / Other Daily / Weekend Car: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -

Comment

Originally posted by applegeek897 View Post
                Always nice when they let you do that, lucky it was just something small. Nice you've got things sorted!
                Oh for sure! It was awesome. He's owned a few Liberty's (daily's a gen4 that is literally an '05 STI under the body) and knows all the ins and outs. I took my Gemini to him and he's pretty much loved me since then haha.

Comment

Working...
                X