Go Fast Bits Castrol Oil Supercheap Auto Haltech ECU Bridgestone Tyres DW Fuel Systems

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krys' 1989 240sx Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krys' 1989 240sx Project

There is SO MUCH I want to do with this car. Making it a Mad sleeper is my eventual plan but right now I'm just trying to figure out why it's not running like it should (when I can convince her to crank that is) Once I get her running well enough to putter around decently, I plan on making her look like a stream line butterfly before giving her the mad tiger growl I hope to hear from her.
    Yay, 10 years in the hot southern east coast summer heat. Mmm, much stock. original old parts yes.

Interesting man, looks like you certainly have your work cut out for you but the work could really pay off.
    Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
    Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
    Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

Comment

If its anything like my 90 240, i would check the fuel lines first. The factory ones rupture easy at this age.

Comment

...It was a fuse...Someone in the shop thought they were funny and nicked some of my fuses. The main one being the BLOODY FUEL PUMP FUSE! Ugh! Twats...-sigh- Now I just need to find an Idle Air Adjustment Unit with an INTACT Sensor and I might have her running right cause the she's Idleing too high at 2+ RPM before choking out. I hope that's all that needs to be done other than taking care of those few vacuum leaks... Dl

Comment

They discontinued my part...the one part I've been searching for for months and I can't get it anymore unless I find the holy grail of unbroken parts in a salvage yard somewhere. Fml...
          Anyone out there have parts? Please?

Update: Praise the Car Gods I managed to Snag one on Ebay. Now I just hope I stay in their good graces and the part in one piece and it's not some sort of scam. Pray for me my friends
          Last edited by KrystalGhost; 30-08-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

My company recently developed a device that could help troubleshoot electrical problems like this - its a smart fuse. You use it to replace a bunch of the fuses and an LED light will indicate shorts or problems. AND it'll cut power on an accessory if it senses it's draining your battery to a point where it won't start up again.
            Offering $50 Amazon gift card winner chosen at random if anyone wants to take a focus group style survey about it - takes 3 minutes!
            https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZJJKQ33

Comment

Working...
            X