Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James' Triumph Street Triple 660 "SKD52"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James' Triumph Street Triple 660 "SKD52"

2014 Triumph Street Triple 660 LAMS ABS

Basic specifications

Engine: 660cc In-line 3-cylinder
    Transmission: 6-Speed Sequential
    Year and Trim: MY14, LAMS ABS
    Colour: Crystal White
    Horsepower / Kilowatts: 54.45 HP / 40.60 KW @ 9,300RPM
    Torque: 40.27 Ib-ft / 54.60 NM @ 5,155 RPM
    Price (When new): $12,490
    Price (Paid): $8,250

Modifications

Performance

- Arrow Exhaust
    - Shift Dynamics Quick Shifter
    - Derestricted throttle

Wheels / Tyres

- Factory 17 inch wheels
    - Pirelli Rosso Corsa 120/70-ZR17 / 180/55-ZR17 tyres

Suspension / Brakes

- Factory Kayaba Suspension
    - Factory Nissin / Brembo brakes

Exterior

- Genuine Triumph belly pan
    - Genuine Triumph light cowl
    - Tail tidy
    - LED Numberplate light
    - Carbon bar-end mirrors
    - Billet black adjustable clutch lever
    - Billet black adjustable brake lever
    - Billet red oil cap
    - Billet red paddock stand spools

October 2017: I wanted to make a thread for the bike and thought this would be a good place to start as we know the boys love their bikes here.

Ive been meaning to get my bike license for years but something always came up, but now Ive finally done it. So with my license in hand it was time to get a bike and despite being restricted to LAMS approved motorcycles I was rather spoilt for choice. In saying that, my dad has a Triumph Daytona 675R and Ive always been in love with it. So it had to be a triple. With the Street Triple being basically the best option and in my eyes the best looking and sounding LAMS approved bike, I had to have it.

I was looking for a few weeks and looked at about 5 different bikes but none of them were really for me. I really wanted red but wouldve been perfectly happy with white. But then I found a bargain with decent mileage and every mod I would want, to start off anyway. Only problem was it was in Tweed Heads, which is about a 900km drive from where I am. But, I just couldnt let it go. It was too good of a deal but I said Id never buy something sight unseen. After a FaceTime call to the guy and a deposit later I organised shipping done to me. Which ended up way quicker and cheaper then I thought. Which was big plus.

So here we go. The truck arrived and the lovely gentleman offloaded the bike.

Man the excitement was real to say the least.

Shes a bit dirty from the trip but Ill clean it spotless soon.

These two are already looking good together but Ill get some shots with all three soon. Im away for MotoGP but will get back to it soon.

Last edited by applegeek897; 26-10-2017, 04:00 PM.
    Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
    Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
    Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

October 2017: Onto some of the modifications already carried out by the previous owner.

Starting with one of my two favourite things about the bike. The Arrow exhaust. Man does it sound lovely, still could be a touch lighter but maybe a set of headers in the future could help that, but for now it looks beautiful.

My second favourite thing would have to the shift dynamics quick shifter. Flat shifting is so awesome.

Then there is the smaller things, not completely sure how I feel about these but we shall see. Starting with red valve caps and billet red paddock spools.

Billet red oil cap.

'Carbon' bar end mirrors. I wasn't sure on these at first, but after using them I actually really like them.

Billet black with red accent clutch and front brake lever.

The bike is also fitted with the optional genuine Triumph belly pan and a genuine Triumph light cowl.

Lately the tail tidy with LED numberplate light. The light is unfortunately yellow rather then white which is fine for now but I really want to change it out. Plus the disgusting yellow plate has to go. I've already ordered a custom plate which is on the way and should come in a couple of weeks.

Oh and the all important chopped key-tag.

Comment

October 2017: While the bike was pretty much perfect out the gate the rear tyre looked suspect, not to mention the fact that it also seemed to have a slow puncture. Clearly seen better days.

I replaced the tyre with the factory spec 180/55ZR17 Pirelli Rosso Corsa. Instantly felt better on the street, no surprise.

Comment

October 2017: Went for a quick ride to Prince of Wales Drive for a few sneaky pics.

Comment

November 2017: Yes, new plate finally here. Good riddance yucky yellow.

Hello sexy black with silver.

The tail tidy didnt have mounting holes for the factory plate location so some new holes needed to be made.

Then it could go one, so much better.

Comment

Don't like the look of the Street Triple, the headlights are weird to be honest

And also, there's a motorcycle subforum

Comment

November 2017: The bike has been riding absolutely amazing lately and I'm finally comfortable on it, which is making me enjoy it that much more. While I'm pretty seasoned on servicing and maintenance on my cars, motorcycles are a new game for me. Yes most things are at-least similar but there are some new things I've never had to deal with before. First of which is chain maintenance.

After doing some readying and research, kerosene in a spray bottle makes for a cheap and effective cleaner.

I also picked up this Grunge Brush tool which should making cleaning an ease.

Moving onto the chain itself, it wasn't in horrible condition but far from perfect either. I have no idea when it was last attended to. Lots of caked on dirt.

After a good scrubbing it turned out looking mint.

Once clean it got a healthy dose of lube and was looking much better. After a quick ride I could really feel the difference on the road.

Comment

January 2018: Finally got round to getting the bike serviced today. Normally this is something I would just do myself but I usually like to always get the first service done by a pro so they can have a good look over everything. After a few recommendations from some mates I settled on Fat Crank Motorcycle Services. Their main benefit is they come to you, which is great and cause instead of the bike being gone for more then a day it just takes about an hour and I can sit in the house.

He got straight into the service and had a good look over the bike.

All up the work carried out was.

- Drain and replace oil with Penrite fully synthetic
                - Remove and replace oil filter with genuine unit
                - Drain and replace coolant
                - Drain and replace brake fluid
                - Clean, lubricate and adjust chain and tension
                - Adjust and bleed brake system
                - Adjust clutch movement
                - Adjust and check tyre pressure
                - Perform suspension and tyre check
                - Perform light and horn check

I straight away noticed a difference and was so happy with the service he offered.

Comment

February 2018: The bike has been just fantastic. Sadly someone drove into the back of me and damaged my numberplate, and despite being secure at the time it actually fell off during my ride home. I did the trip 3 times and couldn't find it. Due to the fact that it was a personalised plate, if I want the same characters I have to wait 6 months until I can get a replacement. So for now it'll have to be the yuck yellow plates.

Better believe loctite was used this time.

Then to add to the bad news I got copped a puncture yesterday, luckily ProCycles were able to fit me in to have it repaired.

Oh well, all sorted now.

Comment

Working...
                  X