Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dala's EVNX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here it is. This is the most effort any video has taken so far, I had massive problems with the axle carrier bracket. So glad this is finished now and I can focus on the battery

Comment

So now my focus has shifted towards getting the suspension sorted:

And also getting the battery mounted:

Videos on both these topics incoming soon!

Comment

Suspension is stuck waiting on parts, so here's the progress we made on the battery pack!

Comment

So I made some progress with the suspension, now we can focus 100% on the battery box!

Comment

We finally got most of the battery mounts figured out, was a bit busy at the shop and had to constantly roll out the NX to make room for customer projects. But now we are back working on this!

Comment

The high voltage bits are now sorted! Check out the video for the end result. Now we can move on to mounting the VCU and maybe if we're lucky, the first startup will be within 1-2weeks! I am so excited I can hardly sleep at night!

Comment

Thats so cool. I'm LOVING this thing.
                especially the suspension with the springs.

I've been harvesting 18650's myself recently, it's shocking how stable LiIon is compared to LiPo.
                Even the 0.1v cells seem to charge to over 90% original capacity, I'm so happy with my harvesting.

1 was 'dead' but after it's first failed charge (aborted due to heat) the battery was rested for 48 hours @ it's 1.5v it reached, and then took a charge happily!
                That 'suspect' one is now in a solar light; so nothing important. Harvesting batteries is addictive.....

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post
                  Thats so cool. I'm LOVING this thing.
                  especially the suspension with the springs.

I've been harvesting 18650's myself recently, it's shocking how stable LiIon is compared to LiPo.
                  Even the 0.1v cells seem to charge to over 90% original capacity, I'm so happy with my harvesting.

1 was 'dead' but after it's first failed charge (aborted due to heat) the battery was rested for 48 hours @ it's 1.5v it reached, and then took a charge happily!
                  That 'suspect' one is now in a solar light; so nothing important. Harvesting batteries is addictive.....
                  It sure is addictive! Check out https://secondlifestorage.com/ for more 18650 inspiration!

Comment

mmm oh so spicy!
                    I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

We now have the Resolve EV controller mounted, and the first spin has been performed! Feels so good to see that all the parts are working together as intended!

Comment

A massive milestone is reached, the car is now moving under its own power!

Comment

For your coilovers, this is a prime example where BCRACING would actually be a decent choice.
                          I normally swear off them, because they rate their spring and damper combos SO HIGH, the hz of the spring rate is MASSIVE, thanks to the high KG/mm of the springs.

With battery weight? This is probably a prime time to actually use their overrated default springs.
                          Plus, they're cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Scythe View Post
                            For your coilovers, this is a prime example where BCRACING would actually be a decent choice.
                            I normally swear off them, because they rate their spring and damper combos SO HIGH, the hz of the spring rate is MASSIVE, thanks to the high KG/mm of the springs.

With battery weight? This is probably a prime time to actually use their overrated default springs.
                            Plus, they're cheap.
                            Exactly! I was planning a massive 8kg/mm for the rear, and a 5kg/mm spring for the front. This should balance it out quite well

Comment

Working...
                            X