Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine swapped 1986 BMW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i think i found the issue: The Throttlebody is damaged, the codes saved in the error memory of the ecu suggest some electrical problem with the TB. After i unstuck the throttlecable, the engine started to idle perfectly fine and took revs by hand. So all of the above bought parts gonna be spares... Time to buy a new Throttle cable and linkage and a TB...

Comment

geez those riiimmss are phaaaat, i love it!!
      cant wait to see it in blue

Comment

Nice swap. I came close to being an E30 owner with the intention of swapping an M60 & 6spd.

Comment

Originally posted by kin37ik View Post
          geez those riiimmss are phaaaat, i love it!!
          cant wait to see it in blue
          I also cant wait to fit the rims and roll the back arches lol.

Originally posted by Mykk View Post
          Nice swap. I came close to being an E30 owner with the intention of swapping an M60 & 6spd.
          What happened? You still doing it or nah? Would be mad tho

I fabricated my own throttle cable for under 3€
          Attached Files

Comment

It runs!

Comment

Originally posted by sebe20 View Post
              ...What happened? You still doing it or nah? Would be mad tho
              The E30 I found in my area in my budget was wore way out and would need a full tear down and restore, resources and funds I didn't have. I ended up building the BMW v8 anyways but went a different direction with it...

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...wered-t-bucket

Comment

Fixed some wiring issues, Now Cluster and Blowermotor work again. Next is the complete flush of the cooling system and then a refill with G13. This weekend im going to pick up some OEM E3ß Sport Seats, rust free bonnet and other misc things i might need. I already drove around with it, but without the Powersteering and a small steering wheel it's scary to go into corners.

Comment

So i put on the tires, rear is fine, front needs 10mm spacers to clear the shock.

Comment

Decided i would get myself 15mm Spacers all around and new Yokohama tires.

Comment

excellent that she is running, she sounds nice and healthy!!

Comment

Thanks mate, went on a night drive lately and had alot fun around the alps! (dont mind the music :P )

Maybe someday i will use my dashcam to upload some good content, until then were all stuck with my shaky mobile uploads. I Still dont push it too hard, just wanna see how it drives. Also some adjustments are still required (Handbrakeswitch aktivates when throttle is applied, something in the enginebay is squeaky etc) Also got my hands on second hand seats, a E28 3-spoke steering wheel which will arrive soon, another front lip (jimmy hill style) and a silver hood with almost no surface rust.

Now the center console fits again and i can sit comfortable with plenty of adjustment
                        Last edited by sebe20; 03-01-2019, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Just getting done the small things before the engineering inspection. Lately the neighbours got curious and came by too look at my car. Felt good when everyone expressed their respect for my work

Comment

So i finished the interieur, take a look

Comment

Working...
                            X