Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris' R34 Skyline GTT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only a reverse camera not a secondary dash cam unfortunately

Comment

Wow, very tastefully modded.

Very clean car mate I love it.

Comment

Not long after I purchased the car I used the Turtle Wax headlight restoration kit. Unfortunately it didnt last long before the lights became cloudy again. I got recommended by a friend of a mobile company who do them for a very reasonable price. So I got the car booked in and well....the photos speak for themselves!

Since the Nismo addiction started I've been on the hunt for an S-Tune boot spoiler. As you can imagine these are rare as rocking horse shit and near on impossible to find. I found a company in Australia who makes a copy but its no longer available.

I did find one on Yahoo Auctions, but it came complete with the spoiler blade and the price landed was £800+

I happened to see a post on the Skyline Owners Forum facebook page about someone's own design for some spoiler legs. Messages were sent back and forth for a lil while and I made a purchase.

His friend was developing some covers but there would be a delay due to finishing the mould, getting orders etc. I went with the Carbon Fibre option, who doesn't like carbon?!

These took approx 4 months and they landed on my door today (12th April). The delay was due to the raw and painted versions being made and delivered first before the carbon versions got put into production.

Fitting was quite straight forward as its all been moulded to the underneath of the OEM spoiler,so it fits like a glove. The spoiler bases have adjustment so you can put it where you like (within reason)

Comment

Good job, that looks awesome!!

Comment

Such a good looking car man, wish we could have them here in the US but we dont get the good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by TheCaptain View Post
              That's a really nice all in one radio man, wauw! Does the reverse camera also double as a rearfacing dashcam or no?
              Sadly not,although that would have been very awesome to have

Comment

Originally posted by hoodedreeper View Post

Sadly not,although that would have been very awesome to have
                Yes you've said that 2 months ago lol

Comment

If I wasnt asked again i wouldnt have to repeat myself lol

Comment

I've been looking at replacement seats for a couple of months but have always been undecided on which ones. Last week we took a visit to GSM Performance to consult with the sales team on various seats and to try them.

Being a 'bigger build' comfort was top priority, and trying the seats out before commiting was a major advantage. It was a tough decision as there were so many nice seats,but in the end I went for the Recaro.

I managed to source some R34 GTR Bride rails that had been modified to fit the GTT. Upon ftting I noticed the Recaro seat mounts were alot wider than the rail. Several hours of swearing later, I had some brackets made up and everything bolted together.

I'm unsure if the GTR seat rail is different height wise, but the seats do slope down which has changed the driving position abit

One feature I really like is the reclining lever that's neatly camouflaged into the harness cut outs.

The suede centres make the seats pop alot more than the all leather equivalent

Its abit snug inside, the side bolster does currently touch the doorcard. I'm hoping I can modify the mounts I made to bring it over abit.

Comment

Good job, the seats look great!

Comment

Epic stuff dude. Love to work and your photos. CS Recaros would probs be my favorite seats. They look good in everything and are really modern. What did they set you back? They are super expensive here in Aus!
                        Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
                        Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
                        Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

Comment

Great build so far! I remember following your car on MX5nutz a few years ago it was an amazing little thing and this is looking like it's going to be just as nice.
                          94 RS-Ltd Roadster (NA8C)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by applegeek897 View Post
                            Epic stuff dude. Love to work and your photos. CS Recaros would probs be my favorite seats. They look good in everything and are really modern. What did they set you back? They are super expensive here in Aus!
                            They weren't cheap lol, alot more than i should have spent on seats

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz. View Post
                              Great build so far! I remember following your car on MX5nutz a few years ago it was an amazing little thing and this is looking like it's going to be just as nice.
                              Thank you for the kind words Blitz, like any car its spiralled waaay out of control too soon haha. I cant see the engine upgrades happening any time soon now But I'm in no rush to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
                                Good job, the seats look great!
                                Thank you Kaktus

Comment

Working...
                                X