Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brenton's N15 SSS Pulsar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brenton's N15 SSS Pulsar

Hi im Brenton, from Sydney and turning 18 soon. I used to drive an Excel X3 (body kit and all haha) but my younger brother will be using that to learn on and when he gets his P's so i had to get a new car. After looking at many cars i gave up on grey import JDM cars due to the fact i wouldn't be able to get a turbo and the insane insurance prices. Decided i wanted a SSS and i just prefer the N15's. Wanted a blue one at first but this maroon one seemed really clean compared to the others i looked at.

Has around 130k km's (the others were 200+), the interior was clean and it had an Exedy HD clutch and 2.5 exhaust, good sound system with a brand new Clarion head unit. The maroon colour, and the hatch shape of the N15 has grown on me in the two weeks since i got it.

It's so much better than the Excel to drive and just everything about it is of higher quality and the SR20 is just amazing. Few things were wrong with it though - the springs (as in the photo) were far too low and the shocks were stock so changed them with a king spring low + monroe gt combo. Already got the aircon fixed, only remaining problem is that occasionally when coasting to lights in first (which i should be doing in second, and now do) it can pop out of gear which according to the internet means the engine mounts are worn and need replacing - it's not too bad since i rarely need to coast in first and if i dont want it popping out when going in to my drive way i can just hold it in gear.

These are some things i would like to get eventually, some of this i might not even do this year or at all but it's just what i'd like. I'm just starting uni now and need to find another job that fits in with my time table better.

Potential Future Mods:
    • Lucino or Two Slat JDM Grille
    • Eye Lids - undecided as they could be a novelty or rice-y.
    • HIDs
    • Cold Air Intake
    • Whiteline Rear Swaybar
    • Short shifter + normal gear boot + weighted gear knob
    • Some kind of lip
    • JDM (or JDM style) wheels - the SSS wheels are nice though, i might get them powder coated white or something and get red lug nuts or something.

I'm not too sure about engine internal mods just yet or if i plan on keeping it for long after i'm on my full license (where i could consider engine swaps).
    Last edited by brent012; 30-01-2012, 09:55 AM.
    My N15 SSS Pulsar

Mad Ride! I like the walls of the tires
    sigpic

Comment

N14>n15. But nice car
      i live my life a quarter mile at a time.

VTEC Just Kicked In, Yo!!

Originally posted by Skilltrain
      That's the mentality of a Holden driver though :P

Comment

Originally posted by kingtube69 View Post
        Mad Ride! I like the walls of the tires
        Thanks, they actually came with it haha had a massive decal with the number of the person who did it but i scraped that off lol. Not sure if if i'd get it done again but i actually don't mind it.

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
        N14>n15. But nice car
        Thank you and imo the N14's are just getting too old, i really prefer the looks of the N15 as well (once you get used to the controversial wagon styling lol). Would be alright if you could get one in good condition with low kms but they are rare. Wanted a SSS too so didn't even consider the Ti or SR20 powered Q's,
        My N15 SSS Pulsar

Comment

nice car man
          i also have a maroon n15 sss and pretty much want to do the same things you want to do when i can afford to lol,
          looking forward to seeing the finished product, how much were your shocks btw was looking to upgrade mine.

Comment

if you are after any parts give us a yell...

this is mine before i wrote it off great car didnt have it long...

i had a 3 slate vzr grill, the car was stock! it went good standard so i left it...

cut up this is the only photo i have of it (considering i took heaps)

cheers

enjoy it!

Comment

good to have you onboard with team maroon.

Comment

Nice looking car. Paint looks really well taken care of, which is unusual for that colour.
                NISSAN PULSAR OWNERS CLUB

Comment

lol i dont have a sss i have a suzuki and it has a dark red perl and it is so hard to keep clean . so hard not to scrathc and so hard to get scrathes out :/ these are mad cars . have fun :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tedz View Post
                    nice car man
                    i also have a maroon n15 sss and pretty much want to do the same things you want to do when i can afford to lol,
                    looking forward to seeing the finished product, how much were your shocks btw was looking to upgrade mine.
                    Thanks! I kind of have my old job again now, but not sure about how it will fit in with uni which is the reason i thought i'd be looking for another job. Not sure how much the shocks were alone, but fitted with king springs i think it was around $1100 - a couple of hundred under the cheaper coil overs but i won't be tracking it (just yet atleast) so spring/shock combo seemed a beter idea.

Originally posted by jeremys200 View Post
                    this is mine before i wrote it off great car didnt have it long...
                    That's unfortunate, looked pretty clean too. I'll keep that in mind, i'm not a big fan of the three slat and i'd need it resprayed anyway. If it was maroon i'd have probably jumped at the oppurtunity anyway haha.

Originally posted by toddz View Post
                    good to have you onboard with team maroon.
                    = ), you have a similiar username to the other guy as well haha. I've seen your thread too, looks good!

Originally posted by ONQ-247 View Post
                    Nice looking car. Paint looks really well taken care of, which is unusual for that colour.
                    Thank you, theres a few little blemishes here and there but it's very good over all. Planning on keeping it clean and possibly even getting it better (as in the paint condition) than it is now.

Just a bit of an update, multiple signs are pointing to the possibility that my SSS might have had engine mods done by the previous owner. Won't potentially embarass myself by mentioning stuff that might mean nothing lol, but probably getting it dynoed in the next few weeks - that will make it obvious
                    My N15 SSS Pulsar

Comment

looks nice bro! keep it clean!!

I dont want to see this thing laced in zipties in a few months.
                      Cheers
                      Ash

sigpic
                      NSW SUPRA CLUB
                      Events co-ordinator

www.supra.org.au
                      VTEC: All of the lag, none of the turbo...

Comment

Working...
                      X