Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Station Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like exciting times ahead!

What ECU are you fitting, an original BMW one or an after-market??

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
      Sounds like exciting times ahead!

What ECU are you fitting, an original BMW one or an after-market??
      A original Bosch 0261200950 1739423 Motronic 1.7

Comment

So i plugged the ecu into the harness, the M42 still doesn't run. The injectionvalves are probably stuck from sitting so long. I ordered a set new ones, really expensive even tho the engine is really common. Will buy a functiongenereator and try to clear them up in a ultrasoniccleaner at work. Maybe i'll post the process here.

Comment

Edit: put the fuellines on the right way now, engine runs! Usually it doesn't matter because if the feed is going into the returnline the pressure regulator gives some fuel to the valves... Which didn't happen because fuelpump is old and going bad, doesn't even reach 3 bars.
          Sooo time to get a exhaust

Comment

Car got picked up today, it's the same shop that made the exhaustsystem for my E30 328i.
            They will also change the front suspension to OEM Spec with the shocks i got for really cheap (see my post #6), flush the brake system and swap all the brakelines with braided steel lines that have an ABE (or TÜV certificate) so i can drive them legally after inspection!
            stahlflex_bremsleitungen_touring.jpeg

The only things i might still have to do:
            • Put in the right throttle cable (which i have lying around)
            • Add the right nuts on the intake manifold (currently got copper nuts which look odd/misplaced)

Comment

Car is fixed but stuck in Austria, borders are shut down and i cant get it. This SUCKS
              Maybe i'll post a dyno pic, the flash on the ecu i got is for rally purpose and should manage 146HP

Comment

Got my car back this week, with a engine that would not idle right, running waayyy to lean (gasoline coming out the exhaust) After some searching i found the culprit: dead temp sensor. Values are way off, the Ecu thinks it's dead russian winter (-70°C). Since it's a part to order i meanwhile used a potentiometer (variable resistor) to atleast get the car to idle a bit better for moving around.
                Also changed the intake manifold gaskets, some bolts and nuts aswell as a new fuel filter which really wasnt necessary.
                I also modified the engine wiring harness to fit in the E30 OEM plastik guard/wiring junction box so it looks more OEM. Soon there'll be a braket for the coilpack monted to the upper suspension strut mount.
                Im also thinking about a different solution for the airbox since it is not hardmounted to the chassis at all - thats something which realle ****s up the intake boot.

Comment

So the airbox was dumped and im waiting for a TA-Technix Pod Filter.
                  Current state:

only difference to these picture to the video on youtube ist that i replaced all vacuum hoses, put the vac-reservoir on a mount and chopped all zipties off.

Here's a video of it currently idling, don't mind the dead tensioner pulleys
                  Last edited by sebe20; 22-06-2020, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Some issues i had with the idling seem to have solved themself after pulling some plugs and re-connecting them. In Germany i would say it's hassliebe i have going on with this engine

Comment

So i installed the hot air intake, fixed the Dashboard lights and the odometer gears.
                      And since i saw what human slime gets absorbed in the car over the years, i cleaned the interiour carpet!

Last edited by sebe20; 26-07-2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Looks like a new car, great cleaning job!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
                          Looks like a new car, great cleaning job!
                          thanks mate, got sunburnt during the job
                          car is really a joy to drive.
                          im considering buying those rims in 9x16 and 7.5x16
                          dz1.JPG

Comment

Did not buy those rims, instead got a massive oilleak from the front camshaft seal. Will fix that this winter, maybe. Meanwhile i keep dumping in fresh oil to compensate the 100ml i loose every week...

Comment

So what happened was it was the oilfilter housing.
                              after fixing that i noticed the front timing chain covers need new gaskets. when i got them it was rainy for weeks and i noticed while driving with only socks that my feet where soaking wet. jup. front floor was completly gone. as far up as the windscreen. When i got it fixed (or so ithought) i put it in storage because a very snowy winter. in early spring i tried to bring it home only to notice the heater has burst at the intake side (plastic got brittle, a typical E30 problem) and the leaking coolant + rust has ****ed the floorboards again. when i pulled the carpet yet AGAIN i found out the shop i had it worked at just put like 5 pieces of sheet metal OVER the rust with no sealent or paint which resulted in yet again RUSTED FLOORBOARDS
                              that's when i snapped and decided to do everything myself. so i completly stripped the ****ing thing and found even more rust. while trying to weld everything back together i lost interest and sold some of the new and better parts (Interior, fenders, front grille, struts which i had welded strenthening to etc pp)
                              so for the last two years i regret everything about those decisions. bringing it to the wrong shop, letting it sit with not enough antifreeze, selling the parts. i dream alot about this car, driving it, feeling the engine if you know im getting at. this has been so far the worst decision in my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X