Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German 'compact' vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im excited, in about two weeks or to be precise on 6th March i'll get it registered and TÜV'ed
    Got a small box with stuff i wanna put in there, so maybe im going to visit the shop some time to put all of the extras in.

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
      I've had bad experience with cheap lambdas on my Grand Cherokee.

Even though they are regular 4 wire, they last a few thousand Kms then they start to play up.

I pulled out in busy traffic and couldn't accelerate, then all of a sudden it burst into life. It thought my mixture was rich and pretty much turned the injectors off. Then when it saw WOT it ignored the lambda and have full power lol
      You where right. The Pre-Kat Sensor does not work. What a waste of time!

Originally posted by sebe20 View Post
      Im excited, in about two weeks or to be precise on 6th March i'll get it registered and TÜV'ed
      Got a small box with stuff i wanna put in there, so maybe im going to visit the shop some time to put all of the extras in.
      Oh how naiv i was... The Lambdasensor and Oil Level Sensor prevented me from getting TÜV'ed
      Well atleast now i have Bluetooth in my Stock headunit.

Comment

Had to change the brake fluid it was really dark and probably still the first one.

Also tried to adjust the handbrake, but it doesnt work right. Still trying to figure out whats going on.

Comment

Aw, a Compact.

I like that car, even if i don't fit in it.

Comment

Originally posted by sebe20 View Post
            You where right. The Pre-Kat Sensor does not work. What a waste of time!
            At least you know what that issue was

Your brake fluid looks dark doesn't it? I had a mk3 golf once, and the brake fluid was original, had turned black and was gritty
            I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by Kullman View Post
              Aw, a Compact.
              I like that car, even if i don't fit in it.
              I'm 185cm and about 84kg's and i fit in like a glove

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
              At least you know what that issue was
              Your brake fluid looks dark doesn't it? I had a mk3 golf once, and the brake fluid was original, had turned black and was gritty
              Yes, swapped it with a cheap tested Bosch unit and no more codes!
              Brakefluid was really dark and had a little bit water in it. Took about 500ml of fresh Dot4 to flush the system, that's not as much as i expected.

Now i need to do some coding in NCS expert to get rid of the Airbag light in den Cluster. The passenger seat occupancy mat is kaputt aswell.
              I also found a exhaust leak which i need to adress.

Comment

I'm 194 cm. and my head touches the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kullman View Post
                  I'm 194 cm. and my head touches the ceiling.
                  Yeah that might be to tall then

Somehow i fixed the headlight ont he driver side by cleaning some connectors.
                  A cheap used Bosch Lambda Sensor did the job, now i have 0 codes! finally.
                  Exhaust leak and some engine issues will be fixed later on when i've received the spareparts.

Comment

Three of the four springs where broken, this resulted in rough idling and weird sounds. Had to remove the whole VVT (Variabler Ventil Trieb) or Vtec for beamers.

Comment

It's fixed!!

Comment

IDK if anyone cares but just to keep on track with this Thread i'll keep posting irregular updates.
                        So to begin with i fixed the vanos unit (post #24) and since then had to keep finding some ghost errors- mainly because im retarded and plugged in the O2 Sensor into the wrong plug of the harness. Genius!
                        Well after that was sorted out i put in spacers on the rear axle to give it a nice look with the offset 41 rims.
                        forgot to make pictures when i did that so heres just a before picture, when i get around i'll post after pictures too.

Comment

Forgot to take pictures but meh, whatever.
                          The catalytic converter died on me, so did the handbrake. Had to fully replace the rear brakes, including the expanding lock which i only removed the rust at first, but it's ****ed.
                          For the MOT (TUV) i need a new catalytic converter, but i opted for a aftermarket 200cells cat. which has a deliverytime of nearly a month.
                          Oh and i stumpled upon some new errors which are not sorted yet. Mainly a huge oil leak (which not even the BMW service could locate!)
                          The gearbox will get a new harness (because im using the wrong one, which is not the right length and connectors for the o2 sensors)
                          Im just lucky that spare parts are cheap for this type of car... even if it's a BMW

Comment

Found the source of the oil leak: Bad seal at the oildipsticktube.
                            Also de Camshaft sensor died AGAIN (This is the third time now with this engine)
                            But im optimistic nontheless.
                            Maybe i'll buy a cheap 5series aswell thats broken since i really like tinkering with them old BMW's

Comment

Finally got TÜV certified. Oh happy days.
                              The catalytic converter didn't die, just all the time idling and not driving it on the autobahn accumulated the converter. After giving it a hard drive it passed the emissions test.
                              PXL_20201120_102641261.jpg
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X