Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GR Yaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR Yaris

Long time no post!

It just happens that the red 86 I had before, decided to change it's colour to black IS300h..and eventually to a white GR Yaris.

Just had it only few weeks or so, but I've already installed a stainless Martelius Exhaust cat-back under it (a local brand) and have more planned as soon as I figure out some warranty things.

7bf3d0e5-fcaa-4bde-89ce-0c80a15cb511.jpg img_20210319_072439.jpg

I'll get back to this as soon as I have some updates! Cheers.

Added:

Some basics about the car: Pearl White, had 3k (km) on the clock when I bought it, around 6k atm. Has "Technology" -pack on it (better stereo, radars, etc). I could have gone with the "Race" -pack, but I intend to swap the diff('s) anyway in some point.

Planning to: Swap the other pair of rims in some point. Perhaps some light tune to the engine. Rear diff. Suspension. Maybe the drivers seat. Also some other minor tweaks and thingys.

Anyway! Again, I'll get back to this as soon as I have some updates! Cheers.

Comment

Welcome back to the forums mate

Yaris GR is a crackin wee car. I'd love one, but I've already got too many cars!
      I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
        Welcome back to the forums mate

Yaris GR is a crackin wee car. I'd love one, but I've already got too many cars!
        Thanks, and you can always loose one to gain another?

Comment

Originally posted by Reyanth View Post

Thanks, and you can always loose one to gain another?
          What? I never lose! *Eurobeat intensifies*
          I stripped my car out so much it now has 49/49 weight distribution.

Project Diesel Tune:

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...ct-diesel-tune

My new Daily HA36S Alto Works

Martin's Kei to success

https://forums.mightycarmods.com/for...uki-alto-works

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
            What? I never lose! *Eurobeat intensifies*
            And here I am laughing. Well played sir. For the note, it's been 21 years since I saw the first episode of Initial D. Good times.

A small update on the GR matter: As the holes on the bumper being a bit too big, added some mesh to protect the intercooler from things smaller than birds.

869ace34-e296-410c-9c81-051deaf1f9cb.jpg ​​​ f0aac4bf-598e-45bb-a5f9-5b749f4f42a1.jpg 7823e930-727c-48e8-b7dc-264e7f495ac5.jpg

Also added some sound-dampening to the doors. The vibrations from engine/exhaust noises were giving things a bit of a rattle.

Comment

That's very cool, very exciting to see someone doing some mods to a GR Yaris!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
                That's very cool, very exciting to see someone doing some mods to a GR Yaris!
                Little bits and bobs. So much you can do without screwing up the warranty etc.

Did a thing with a fire extinguisher the other day. Some aluminium profile, paint and few bolts.

e0fcf1ec-8b4e-4720-a4ca-219e2d41023c.jpg e218232a-7461-4515-bd56-bb4effab1086.jpg

Comment

Visited a track the other day also. A small local track but, better than nothing.

Comment

Nice little twisty track! You don’t want to overcook the last right hand turn and smack into the pit entrance barrier!!

Comment

Oh a GR Yaris is one of my dream cars, I could only afford it's grandpa I can't wait to see more!
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaktus View Post
                        Nice little twisty track! You don’t want to overcook the last right hand turn and smack into the pit entrance barrier!!
                        It's an ok track I guess to have little fun fun.. I'd be more scared of the two-bit corner at the end of the two longer straights.. The little bump tends to lighten the car a bit and, there's not much space between the track and the rail..

Originally posted by tHe1337cHi3f View Post
                        Oh a GR Yaris is one of my dream cars, I could only afford it's grandpa I can't wait to see more!
                        Well, grandpa's still a lil sporty hatch! You can really give some beans to it. And who knows, maybe you'll achieve your dream one day. Thumbs up!

I'll update as they come, but I'll keep posting as that happens.

Comment

Another small update. Swapped the OEM Enkeis to Oz Ultraleggeras. Planning to repaint them in the winter, maybe bronze or.. something.

4cb61ba5-7cad-47cf-9ec1-5f4188b5eb83.jpg cc09463f-59d4-4262-a665-2946d066de97.jpg

Comment

Looks great, suits the car really well!

Comment

Sharing some autumn vibes. No new updates for now thou'.

grjarispas.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X