Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Impreza Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Impreza Type R

Hey folks this is my 98/99 Impreza Type R

Had it 2yrs now and plan on shipping it over to Oz when me and the Misses move back at the end of the year!

This how I first got it! Sold the Rays TE37`s as they were too wide for the car plus I wanted 18`s instead of 17`s

This was taken at a drag day up north at Scotlands only Drag strip called Crail...I say drag strip its an old air field with a 1/4 mile and skid pan!! Does the job considering!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This it after having a carbon vinyl roof wrap!

This is at the Scottish Modified Show!

It aint had much done to it

BC Racing Coil Overs
    Cusco `H`Brace
    18" Lenso Rims / Goodyear Eagle F1A`s 215/35`s
    Full Blitz NüR Spec Cat Back
    CosworthTiming Belt
    HKS - Plugs & Panel Filter
    Splitfire Ignition Leads
    Genuine STI oil filter / Mobil 1 Oil
    Bride Drivers Bucket
    Crystal lenses all round with LED bulbs
    35000K HID`s

Few things I wanna do to it once its in Oz will be upgrading the brakes and gettin a full respray(possibly in GTR Titanium Silver)

Guess I better start saving!!!
    Last edited by Rising Son; 20-09-2012, 07:56 AM.
    ライジング息子
    sigpic
    知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

This is my favorite ever pic I have it was taken during the Colin McRae tribute convoy back in Aug 08 my car is the 2nd one but what an awsome day!!

Colin McRae is a true Legend!! -If In Doubt,Flat Out!!!
    ライジング息子
    sigpic
    知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

OHH what an awesome car what's a type R ? I'm from the US, seems like a great car.. why change a pair of good , nice looking , expencive wheels that are the prefect size ,and I'm sure give better performance ,and comfort ... for a pair of over sized takey , black crom US drug dealer style wheels? not meaning to hate or be a dick just voicing my opinion

I love the WRX body style wish I could get one it looks amazing .. just not a fan of the wheel everything else you did is amazingly perfect=]

Great car post more pics
      sigpic

Comment

car's very nice, but the only thing i would change about the rims were to get a bit narrower and bigger, but the same type or rims (ie. 5zigen proracer gn+ or rims similar to that style.)
        Originally posted by MOOG
        I have been standing naked in front of a mirror for the last three days and checking 100% that I am definitely not a 45 year old woman, for it is this creature that is so often seen piloting such a vehicle.

Comment

why would you buy bigger rims? ruin's performance , ride quality , handling , less attractive .. for me I like a nice normal car ,not a guys car that when i see it i think .. hmm he has a trunk full of crack 0.- do you want that type of look? I think it attracts the wrong type of attention ..

not trying to be a d*** just saying it's not my style ,and hate to see someone going down the road of ruining a car. just try the oem + look you seemed to have found the right look in the first pic.

good luck try posting up some specs a 1/4 times along with a lot more pics love to see car's like these =] we only get a 2.5rs non-turbo that the top of the line in the US for that model year .

I might be judging a bit hard I'm a BMW guy =]
          sigpic

Comment

rims look fine mate, dont listen to what these fellas reckon
            97' Subaru Impreza WRX

Comment

Both sets of rims are nice! AWESOME car mate impreza's look sweet in coupe - if its reasonable definately bring that beast over to OZ!!

Comment

well i meant that as reuben says, both are very nice.
                Last edited by baldolera; 16-09-2010, 09:01 AM.
                I have been standing naked in front of a mirror for the last three days and checking 100% that I am definitely not a 45 year old woman, for it is this creature that is so often seen piloting such a vehicle.

Comment

yeah, same here. only 2.5 rs turbo in canada! but what i meant was that if i were in his shoes with the same rims that came with the car. I would make it a little bit narrower like he said it was too wide for the car, and slightly bigger. not too big, but not too small as he says it was. the only thing i hate about small rims is that if they are waaaaaay too small for the car and the tires end up very thick and ugly.

Comment

Yeh defo! Everyone has there own opinion an likes of styles! I never race the car it's more a cruiser an a show car it's still restricted to 180kmh as when it came from Japan!

Thanks for the views and comments guys!
                    ライジング息子
                    sigpic
                    知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

I love these impreza's ( this model ) post more pics! doesn't need to be in a car show just want to see more details of the car =]
                      sigpic

Comment

nice car mate.

Comment

i love this model and the gen after that with all the facelifts excluding the frog-eyed model.

Comment

Originally posted by baldolera View Post
                            i love this model and the gen after that with all the facelifts excluding the frog-eyed model.

Yeh me too after each new model came out I wasn't impressed but after a while they grew on me! Even the newest model not sure of the "slang" name for it in Oz coz back here we only got the Hatchback version so far?!

I also love the RB320 dunno if they are available in Oz either??
                            ライジング息子
                            sigpic
                            知識は力です - LEON

My STI

My Old Wagon & Evo IV

Check My T-Shirts

Comment

yeah the hatchback version of the STi was the only STi WRX Impreza available in 2008, but now the 2011 Impreza WRX STi is coming out in sedan and it won't have as much understeer!

Comment

Working...
                              X