Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faynies S13 Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new high flow cat converter

Thankyou Xforce/JustJap...
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

When does said cat go in? ... + Change your Avatar!
      ☯ Pats Kamakaze Carolla -AE92-

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSaiyanPat View Post
        When does said cat go in? ... + Change your Avatar!
        Hopefully should be in later today... By the time your back ill have engine/gearbox as well... come inspect...

I would change avatar... but remember the dots in copy paste link debacle thing? .......yeaaaaaaaaah

Comment

Update and double post...

Went for a day trip to sydney to pick up some goodies...

Ill start with the most insigificant... a pretty decent headunit... gift from one s13 owner to another...

Forgot wiring process photos... however i was in a hury and the wires are only twisted for now... had to make it work then leave.... for work, hmmm Ill cover that when i soulder and hook up the amp...

Temporary success...

And in the dark.... maaaaaaaaaaaad... Not sure what to think about the business of the display...

Oop not enough time to finish update will have to return and do it later...

Comment

Nice clean S13! Looks like a great car

Comment

Part 2 of update...

More goodies from sydney day trip...

A manual gearbox with crossmember and tailshaft... maaad

And the s14 sr20de complete with variable cam timing ... Estimated 15,000kms on it...
              Have made a start on polishing the rocker cover... otherwise the whole engine should clean up really nicely...

Comment

Car is coming along very nicely, good luck with it all, hope it all turns out sweet.
                sigpic

Originally posted by villain
                Looks like his SR had a big night out, tried to sneak back in inconspicuously but passed out.

Comment

Update:

High flow cat is in the car properly now... typically forgot to get a picture of it under the car but its dark now and im lazy... (Edit, actually might try get a good picture with the flash...)

Top half of the seats had to come out to delete old CD stacker wires, took the bottom half out to see how i felt without them... not sure weather i want the back seats in... seems to be alot more usable storage space without them... whereas they are somewhat pointless for people to sit on unless the passengers are contortionists or amputees...

... lol what?

Anyone want either the 6 stacker or the headunit? pretty useless old school stacker/unit pay for postage and you can have them...

Domo

I tried to seperate the car from the darkness by sharpening the lines... but anyway here is the high flow cat...

Last edited by Faynie; 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I think I still have the CD stacker wires in my Silvia. Would you be able to show me where the stacker was?

And! did you have the thing on the right in this pic? If so did you remove it? where did the cable lead to?

I want to remove the CD stacker cables and this display thing. Weight reduction, +25kw and all that.
                    $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                      I think I still have the CD stacker wires in my Silvia. Would you be able to show me where the stacker was?

And! did you have the thing on the right in this pic? If so did you remove it? where did the cable lead to?

I want to remove the CD stacker cables and this display thing. Weight reduction, +25kw and all that.
                      Weight reduction for KW's exactly

The stacker was in the middle of the boot up behind the rear passenger seats... the wires from the stacker ran along the driver side under the passenger seat, behind the plastic interior panel then under the carpet, behind the dash then into the chaos behind the headunit... Im pretty certain it was all aftermarket including the headunit... So yeah i didnt have that little control unit on the right there... the headunit that used to be there would control the stacker in the boot...

So yeah i didnt like idea of having to burn mixed cds... it was cool 3 or 4 years ago haha... but yeah those things are clumsy and heavy...

Was actually just reading the updates on your build a few minutes ago... Ive been lurking it for ages such a good thread man...

Oh yeah btw if you need more pictures say what you need i can run outside and get some...
                      Last edited by Faynie; 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Ah yeah, Mine had a stacker in it at some point in it's life I think, since there is that display and cables going to the boot (red, white and some round one with many pins) I'll try and remove the stuff at some point. Thanks for the tips!

I've been lurking your build too. I really need moar low and rims am I the only one on here with stock rims and ride height? haha

I Guess I could use a picture or 2 of what sort of clips are holding the innder guard liners to the body. I have nothing holding them to the body and I don't want to get the wrong bits haha >.<

EDIT: By PM would be fine so you don't clutter your thread.
                        Last edited by KillerBunnys122; 13-04-2012, 12:17 AM.
                        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
                        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Love this!!!
                          Spelling mistakes are most likely due to me typing on an iPad.
                          MR CELICAS TOY!
                          MrCelicas Family rides!
                          Originally posted by Rake
                          MrCelica is all class. Listen to him.

Comment

Love this thread same model and conversions as mine haha, you won't regret this setup the VCT screams on 4.5k

Comment

cool build man! keep it going. +1 to anyone considering a catco high flow. i have one on my 3in custom exhaust and it works wonders
                              Fresh Meet
                              Parts Shop Max
                              Enjuku Racing

New York's Finest

Comment

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
                                Ah yeah, Mine had a stacker in it at some point in it's life I think, since there is that display and cables going to the boot (red, white and some round one with many pins) I'll try and remove the stuff at some point. Thanks for the tips!

I've been lurking your build too. I really need moar low and rims am I the only one on here with stock rims and ride height? haha

I Guess I could use a picture or 2 of what sort of clips are holding the innder guard liners to the body. I have nothing holding them to the body and I don't want to get the wrong bits haha >.<

EDIT: By PM would be fine so you don't clutter your thread.
                                Yeah sounds like it was all setup the same as mine in essence... my wires were all black, one connector on the headunit end and 2 on the stacker end, one of which had a ground wire. But yeah it should just pull out as one piece as you follow it through the car... i think i only had to take out plastic under the driver door and the back driver side seatbelt to get it all out, im sure yours will be somewhat similar...

And the guard liners like the splash guards in the wheel wells?... honestly i dont actually know how those come off... havent had to try, mine need cleaning pretty desperatly so i might go have a look and see if i can get them out...

Love this thread same model and conversions as mine haha, you won't regret this setup the VCT screams on 4.5k
                                Awww mad thats what i want to hear, havent found much info on this conversion... I see heaps of DET conversions, otherwise most DE s13s are the stock non VCT engines... Heaps keen to get the parts together and have it working

cool build man! keep it going. +1 to anyone considering a catco high flow. i have one on my 3in custom exhaust and it works wonders
                                Is that the ceramic cat? I was considering one of those but they were from the US... and i can see thats were you are

The xforce i found was from justjap in Sydney which is only a few hours away so i went with that, i needed one quite quickly... I should actually post a picture of the stock cat.... theres nothing left of it....

Comment

Working...
                                X