Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faynies S13 Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, don't take the wheel well splash guard liner things. I just want to see what clips are holding them on.
    $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
    $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

Originally posted by KillerBunnys122 View Post
      Oh no, don't take the wheel well splash guard liner things. I just want to see what clips are holding them on.
      Oh haha ok yeah nah had a quick look before work... not sure hey? do you have or know of anyone who has a service manual? Im going to most likely really need one in the near future
      http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

Comment

Originally posted by Faynie View Post
        Oh haha ok yeah nah had a quick look before work... not sure hey? do you have or know of anyone who has a service manual? Im going to most likely really need one in the near future
        I have a .pdf for the CA18 service manual. It's not too hard to find the SR20 one, just google it! If you have any trouble I'll have a look.
        $900 Silvia? See it come together here~ Click!
        $0 SR20? [Featuring $400 Silvia] See it come together here~ Click!

Comment

[/QUOTE]Is that the ceramic cat? I was considering one of those but they were from the US... and i can see thats were you are

The xforce i found was from justjap in Sydney which is only a few hours away so i went with that, i needed one quite quickly... I should actually post a picture of the stock cat.... theres nothing left of it....[/QUOTE]
          yeah the ceramic cat. works great. if you ever want any USA made parts and can wait let me know, and i'll them and ship it.
          Fresh Meet
          Parts Shop Max
          Enjuku Racing

New York's Finest

Comment

I have a .pdf for the CA18 service manual. It's not too hard to find the SR20 one, just google it! If you have any trouble I'll have a look.
            I currently have internet troubles but yeah im sure there are hundreds of manuals on google, really should probably do that now actually....

yeah the ceramic cat. works great. if you ever want any USA made parts and can wait let me know, and i'll them and ship it.
            Ahk maaad. What scares me about usdm parts is the shipping cost itself... Depending what it is can end up costing alot more... biggish things like strut braces and sway bars... But yeah i keep that in mind if i ever see something that i need and that is somewhat smallish...

Edit: potentially may be getting another s14 sr20 for part out... possibly may have a BIG update in the next week...........

And domo...

Last edited by Faynie; 15-04-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Went for another day trip to sydney to strip down another sr20 for parts...

The owner brought a selection of spare parts for me to take, when i arrived at the workshop everything was collected in the corner for me to have at... I lost me s**t when i saw it all with my own eyes, better then christmas as a child!

100_1120.jpg 100_1123.jpg 100_1122.jpg 100_1124.jpg 100_1125.jpg

Covered almost all the engine parts i was missing... also got a few other extras from the spare parts box such as a flywheel, gear shifter, throttle and brake pedal (i think its a brake pedal...) various pieces of hardware, bellhousing plate gasket thing, air flow meter, interior trim for manual gearstick, exaust piping and a slightly less warped rod to hold the bonnet up...

Neither the photos or my brain show or tell all the parts as i forget what else i got and whats not in the photos but you get the idea......... Lots of parts for little $$$ greatly satisfied.......

First progress has been made on the engine... and that was attaching and sealing the thermostat housing, i am not very familiar with liquid gasket making but i think it should seal pretty good... hopefully... also the alternator bracket i was using was swapped for a clean rust free bracket... chipping away at it piece by piece... will continue updating as i go...
              Last edited by Faynie; 21-04-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Engine build is coming along quicker then expected... partially because it was already really fresh... and all the missing parts were compiled in the one day...

Currently waiting on a new clutch and radiator... then all there there is to do is source the final few transmission parts (bellhousing bolts, clutch fork, master/slave cylinder) oh and a thermostat, water pump pulley and radiator hoses ... The ca18de with an automatic gearbox is quite... yeah... so im keen to get it all over and done with so I can have an enjoyable silvia.

Looks really clean here... Rocker cover does actually have a few scuffs and scratchs.

Water pump looks yukky... needs to be covered with the pulley... Throttle body looks beastly...

Filed logos look alot nicer then they previously did...

Edit: Just remembered i snapped one of the 4 bolts around the intake sprocket on the rocker cover... Shouldnt be the cause of any issues... but i lack the appropriate fixing tools and the thought of it annoys me greatly...
                Last edited by Faynie; 25-04-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Looks like a clean sr20 good luck with the conversion!

Comment

Originally posted by Faynie View Post
                    Engine build is coming along quicker then expected... partially because it was already really fresh... and all the missing parts were compiled in the one day...

Currently waiting on a new clutch and radiator... then all there there is to do is source the final few transmission parts (bellhousing bolts, clutch fork, master/slave cylinder) oh and a thermostat, water pump pulley and radiator hoses ... The ca18de with an automatic gearbox is quite... yeah... so im keen to get it all over and done with so I can have an enjoyable silvia.

Looks really clean here... Rocker cover does actually have a few scuffs and scratchs.

Water pump looks yukky... needs to be covered with the pulley... Throttle body looks beastly...

Filed logos look alot nicer then they previously did...

Edit: Just remembered i snapped one of the 4 bolts around the intake sprocket on the rocker cover... Shouldnt be the cause of any issues... but i lack the appropriate fixing tools and the thought of it annoys me greatly...
                    atta boy
                    Fresh Meet
                    Parts Shop Max
                    Enjuku Racing

New York's Finest

Comment

Radiator yaaaaay...

Is alot lighter then i expected...

100_1142.jpg

Edit: More parts

100_1144.jpg
                      Last edited by Faynie; 07-05-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Time to bump with a long awaited update...

Basically have spent the time between the last update and now VERY slowly collecting parts and doing other unrelated things which had taken priority... Have prioritised getting the silvia done for now... And that ment it was time for the filthy ca18de and automatic gearbox to go... "SuperSaiyanPat" would join the quest to rid the silvia of this old dog...

Bleeding that thing dry... bah..

For simplicitys sake we opted to keep the engine as complete as possible when taking it out, not sure how many parts... if any can and will be salvaged... (only really need some of the hardware the engine loom to butcher for wires and connectors)

The hardest part was convincing the gearbox to leave the tailshaft, but not nearly as hard as trying to attach or seperate the gearbox from the engine, a bit of crane and hydrollic jack balancing and it will all finds its way out easy enough.

~~ I am the Batman ~~

Documented progress of sr20 + manual conversion over the next week i will estimate... give a bit more for the wiring once its all mechanically fitted. Enjoy.

Comment

congratulations a job well done. i removed and fitted my new rb engine the same way you pulled yours. gotts to be better than messing around underneath with the clutch and a 100kg gtr gearbox. how much did you pick the car up for? pm me just tossing whether to buy a shell or something like this.
                          \__________________/
                          (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

Originally posted by nut View Post
                            congratulations a job well done. i removed and fitted my new rb engine the same way you pulled yours. gotts to be better than messing around underneath with the clutch and a 100kg gtr gearbox. how much did you pick the car up for? pm me just tossing whether to buy a shell or something like this.
                            You always get a little nervous when the engine pulls off its mounts, and again when it has to clear the engine bay haha...
                            Definetly worth building your own unspoiled silvia... saves a bit of money and is most probably going to last longer with the new parts...

Sending PM...

Comment

Flywheel is on and pressure plate is... half on. Clutch disk is aligned by eye for now, going to get a second opinion from a tool before proceeding further. I suppose in the meantime the gearbox and its half of it's clutch components are scattered throughout the house.

I had already had the flywheel and pressure plate on this time last week, however i snapped one of the pressure plate bolts as it was being torqued up... They were high tensile grade 8, all of which have now been replaced with high tensile grade 10.9. Snapping one of these bolts kinda got me a bit worried about the flywheel bolts, as i was going to re-use the OEM's.
                              The OEM torque setting for the flywheel to crank was "91-101 ft/lbs", I didn't feel comfortable knowing they have been stretched so hard twice and possibly 3 times so some new ARP flywheel bolts have been put in their place.

Gearbox update is imminent...

Comment

always good to get new bolts if you dont know the history.
                                \__________________/
                                (O[]O)\_______/(O[]O)

aaaaaaaaa S K Y L I N E

Comment

Working...
                                X