Sponsor Banner Go Fast Bits Castrol Edge Super Cheap Auto Haltech Bridgestone RE003 Ryobi Tools Century Batteries WD-40

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faynies S13 Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faynies S13 Silvia

Alright humans as of recently i have completed my work on the Subaru and it has been sold...

During the progress of the Subaru engine conversion i found a clean little s13 on ebay in a place called Gundagai... It had to be mine...
    So after few days of phone calls and stressful planing I closed a fair deal with the owner, Then it was time for a roadtrip with none other then SuperSayianPat and his Kamikaze Corolla...

The circumstances of this car coming to be in my possession are similar to that of the subaru... For some people a dead engine in an older car is not worth the time... The previous owner gave this car to a mechanic, who replaced the engine and sold it to me to make a bit of money for himself... The very fair price he agreed to was about 60% of what i got for the subaru... which allows me to start mods pretty much straight away...

Specs apon purchase...

Ca18de 88,XXX ks
    Auto
    19X,XXX ks on body
    Worlds most hidious steering wheel
    16' alloys... 205 x 55
    Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
    kenwood speakers and amp... needs head unit...

Piccys...

Just before i discovered a collapsing cat converter... Time to find a new high flow cat...

Attending to flickering headlight and dirty grille thing...

Getting Horny...

Can hardly see it...

Came with a stock wing... Currently took it off and taped it off as a mockery to see how it should look... I think they look much better wingless...

Please ignore the wheel and gear lever for now..... i dont plan on keep either...

Alright there you have it... hopefully enjoy this thread, share inspiration and ideas, should be updating regularly...
    Last edited by Faynie; 14-07-2012, 12:45 AM.
    http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...ies-S13-Silvia

right about the steering wheel! rest looks mad though!!

Comment

Maaad, Moments after you left yesterday I realised you made off with my money! Thief! ..

Now, yes, New steering wheel! Did you end up trying to polish the grille with some cutting compound/plastic polish?
      ☯ Pats Kamakaze Carolla -AE92-

Comment

Love it, Nice in black!
        sigpic

Comment

That handbrake looks like it needs tightening. Looks like it's got an erection or something.

Nice car though. I agree with you on the spoiler front. The only spoiler which I think looks good on an S13 is a small roof spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSheepMoose View Post
            That handbrake looks like it needs tightening. Looks like it's got an erection or something.

Nice car though. I agree with you on the spoiler front. The only spoiler which I think looks good on an S13 is a small roof spoiler.
            handbrake is also missing a drift button...i also think small lip spoilers look rad on S13s

Comment

Got the time today to attend to a dead globe behind the cluster...

Effort required was very disproportionate to the size of the globe...

Couldnt find the right size allen key for the steering wheel... would have been alot easier with its ugliness out of the way...

$1 standard globes encouraged me to keep the stock look...

Last edited by Faynie; 13-01-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I had no idea thats where the jack was meant to go lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bevsta View Post
                  I had no idea thats where the jack was meant to go lol
                  Haha yeah i haddnt ever taken it out untill today... after about 15 minutes of fiddling i had to look at an example picture in the owners manual to figure out how make it stay it its little bracket...

Comment

That's a sexy Blue corolla in the background ... Tints will be nice, soon.. and Manual!
                    ☯ Pats Kamakaze Carolla -AE92-

Comment

Originally posted by Faynie View Post
                      interior ew what kinda s13 owner are you =P
                      almost forgot what ones looks like haha!
                      sigpic

Comment

^haha true... good fun cars, just dont go putting a stupid big kit on it, instant cop magnet.. or a cannon... please no cannon...

Comment

Haha yes the idea is to keep is as inconspicuos as possible...

However being a silvia it draws alot of attention by default... Ill try to keep it tastefull...

Comment

Looks fairly tidy! Considering it is a non turbo auto, you must have picked it up for cheap, good luck with the manual and turbo conversion.

A small ducktail spoiler on the boot would look the goods, and I have to second the no big bodykits on this request. Lower it a bit with a good set of wheels and it will look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Onikage View Post
                              Looks fairly tidy! Considering it is a non turbo auto, you must have picked it up for cheap, good luck with the manual and turbo conversion.

A small ducktail spoiler on the boot would look the goods, and I have to second the no big bodykits on this request. Lower it a bit with a good set of wheels and it will look great.
                              Yeah exactly, i figured it would be cheaper to do a manual/engine conversion on this car then to buy a manual that most definitely would have lived a much harder life... for twice the money...

Ive been looking at those little roof spoilers... kinda like a little ducktail... i reckon they look pretty sick, really subtle...

Comment

Working...
                              X