Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your pics on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I'm just starting out and I was wonder if someone could recommend a camera? I have a 3 year old Sony Cybershoot but the pic qulity is crap.
    How To Make And Upload Signature Pictures!

Originally posted by FortKid
    Blockomotive is currently in need of acquiring an external supplier for components beyond our technological and manufacturing capacities. If one of your fine companies could provide estimates on components such as, but not limited to, curves and or rounded surfaces please submit an offer proposal.

Sincerely,
    The Swedish Chef

PS: Bork Bork Bork
    Originally posted by In PM From Jmac to Alvin
    Yo GT5 god
    Alvin 'Wonder Boy'
    The 2nd Best Sim Racer on MCM

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by alvin23a View Post
      Hi I'm just starting out and I was wonder if someone could recommend a camera? I have a 3 year old Sony Cybershoot but the pic qulity is crap.
      canon 550d, best starting dslr IMO.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by MOOG
      RS Liberty is an option but they are old and shit.
      Originally posted by TomBrulinski
      mate, have you seen it? hahaha I bet $1000 the half cut is going on the 180sx.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPTIMUS PRIME View Post
        canon 550d, best starting dslr IMO.
        Ok I'll look in to it. Thanks.

Blockomotive is currently in need of acquiring an external supplier for components beyond our technological and manufacturing capacities. If one of your fine companies could provide estimates on components such as, but not limited to, curves and or rounded surfaces please submit an offer proposal.

Sincerely,
        The Swedish Chef

Yo GT5 god
        Alvin 'Wonder Boy'

sigpic

Comment

• the 550D's expensive compared to a 1000D for example, and as a first dslr the 1000D is ideal, imo anyway. easy to use, functional, fairly rugged and if dick smith's the same as when i got mine there's a bundle you can get where you get an extra lens and some other cool gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
            the 550D's expensive compared to a 1000D for example, and as a first dslr the 1000D is ideal, imo anyway. easy to use, functional, fairly rugged and if dick smith's the same as when i got mine there's a bundle you can get where you get an extra lens and some other cool gear.
            The 550d is about 800 anr has hd video but i just realised the 1100d is almost as good and has hd video for about 650
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rockacello

Did you use a tilt shift?
              sigpic

Comment

• Luke641's Aurion.

Comment

Hi I'm just starting out and I was wonder if someone could recommend a camera? I have a 3 year old Sony Cybershoot but the pic qulity is crap.
                  Pick your poison first. Canon or Nikon. I don't know much about Canon so I won;t be of much help with that. But with Nikon I'd say the D3100 or the D5100 is a good starting point if you're absolutely clueless about DSLR operation (assuming you want an SLR). The D3100 sells for about just under $1000 and I think that's the twin lens kit. It's a great camera especially with the in built guide which people have said to prove really useful. I own a D3100 myself and it really is a great piece of kit. It is not impossible to get pro quality photos given that you know what you're doing. Only criticism I have is that it is fairly small and I have trouble gripping it as I have relatively big hands. Easy fix, I bought a battery grip off ebay and everything's right with the world. n_n However you might feel the need for an upgrade within a year or so and if that's the case then I'd recommend to go with either the D90 or the D7000. The D90 is of lower specs, a lower megapixel count sensor but it still does the job nicely and with a decent price tag (just over $1000) and a body that's big enough to grip properly then there's not really a lot to complain about. If you have more money to burn D7000 is the upgrade to the D90 and is just an absolute dream (looking at getting one myself). The operation and specs are decent enough to be able to easily make money using the D7000. Hope that helps. =D
                  Last edited by RLD_evoIX; 10-10-2011, 01:23 PM.
                  Originally posted by jmacman12
                  RLD_evoIX you have good taste
                  Rodney is the name, Evo IX is the Dream

Comment

• @alvin.

Im bias to canon, though my first dslr was a nikon d3100. But in regards to canon vs nikon. Go to shops, have a play. See what youre comfortable with.

Also the main thing is your budget. what are you willing to spend? you can buy a 1000D kit from Jb, or you can go gumtree and pick up a 2nd 550d for around the same prince.

Comment

• I don't really have a budget. It's just the camera has to be cheap for the features it offers. althougth $1000 is a bit much.

Sincerely,
                      The Swedish Chef

Yo GT5 god
                      Alvin 'Wonder Boy'

sigpic

Comment

• https://picasaweb.google.com/1054469...shiDay09102011

Comment

I don't really have a budget. It's just the camera has to be cheap for the features it offers. althougth $1000 is a bit much.
                          I'm fairly sure that the Nikon D3100 and D5100 retails for just under $1000 nowadays. Maybe somewhere in the range of $800. If that is till too much, you might want to look at "bridge cameras" They are cameras that have the "SLR look and feel" but doesn't have interchangeable lens. Now I can't say much about the quality of photos and the features of such cameras because I have never owned or even used one. But I do know that Fujifilm and Nikon offers a range of bridge cameras for around the $200-$500 price mark. And as ecks has pointed out it is a very good idea to go to shops and have a feel for the camera. Here are a few examples of bridge cameras from both Nikon and Fujifilm:
                          Fujifilm:

Nikon:

However, with this cameras, their lowlight imaging capabilities are limited and are not quite as good as SLR (apparently and might not be so far from the truth). So I really would just recommend to go with SLRs as you might end up getting something like those bridge cameras and a few months down the road decide that they just aren't good enough.

Another alternative are CSC (Compact System Cameras). They are an emerging trend at the moment in the photography world and most if not all feature an interchangeable lens system. Olympus, Sony and Panasonic offers a good range of compact cameras. However it is quite pricey with price range going from about $600-$1000. And just in case you're interested, here are examples:

Panasonic:

Sony:

Olympus:

Hope that helps n_n
                          Attached Files

Comment

I don't really have a budget. It's just the camera has to be cheap for the features it offers. althougth $1000 is a bit much.
                            And just in case that my second suggestions are still too pricey. It is definitely a good idea to check out the new range of compact cameras (not to be confused with CSC) from Nikon and Canon (there are other brands such as panasonic, fujifilm, sony and others but I recommend canon and nikon as they are the ones I've had most experience with). The Nikon Coolpix range and Canon Ixus range gives pretty good "bang for your buck". I still have a Canon Ixus digital camera and it still works great and takes amazing photos. I take it with me every time I can't bring my SLR such as to concerts and stuff like that. Again examples from both range:

Nikon Coolpix:

Canon Ixus:

(This Canon Ixus is the exact same one that I have)

And remember, not just because almost everyone is talking about SLRs and stuff like that, and gives advice to go get them does not mean that more simpler cameras cannot do a good job. Like I said earlier I still use my Canon Ixus and it still does an amazing job at taking great photos. It's not about the camera but rather how you use it. The simplest of tips can improve the quality of photos you take regardless of what camera you use. And there's always post processing. =P

Comment

• have a look at the 2nd hand market... for sub $1000 you could probably find an older 450/500D or maybe even 30/40D with a kit lens or something.
                              just remember although having the latest greatest shabang is awesome, its not all gear, its the guy (or girl) behind it.

just as an example here's a dude i know who shoots for tracktostreet in new zealand: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephengeddes/
                              looking at the photos you wouldn't think he's using a 4 megapixel 1d classic that is what like 7 years old now?
                              | photographiez | le automobile |

Comment

• if youre limited by the budget, like RLD said get a hybrid. But honestly i know someone who has that, but after months you'll the a creative barrier and you'll wanna buy a slr soon after.

my advice, if limited to a budget. buy 2nd hand, you wont break the bank and if later on you want to upgrade body you can jst keep your lenses.

Comment

Working...
                                X