Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your pics on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heco, what camera do you have again? but honestly, the way i learnt is youtube. best source, all visual and its free. lol

Comment

Nikon coolpix , its a Point and shoot
      sigpic

Comment

aahh. sorry thought you had a dslr. please ignore my ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Heco94 View Post
          Nikon coolpix , its a Point and shoot
          lol... Yeah... Sorry... My bad... I assumed that you had an SLR as well... In that case milkchicken's advice is pretty good then... Or... It might look and feel awkward... but when shooting, tuck your elbows and push them against your chest/upper abdomen... That should eliminate some of the shake from your arms... it worked for me anyways.... Hope that helps...
          Originally posted by jmacman12
          RLD_evoIX you have good taste
          Rodney is the name, Evo IX is the Dream

Comment

Heres some shots i took on my phone
            284355_194244687305873_100001610295052_565941_6127703_n.jpg
            216788_194171107313231_100001610295052_565774_7055370_n.jpg
            224487_194171593979849_100001610295052_565775_7966720_n.jpg
            GO BIG OR GO HOME......! - Tom Meents

http://www.facebook.com/groups/168570329649/ <--- Click like if u Own a Trx...
            http://www.antrx.com <--- If u own a U12 or U13 join up
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/170568079203/----- check this out if Ur a Fan of Destruction

Comment

when you change the ISO is that the shutter speed? I'm thinking of changing it to 400
              sigpic

Comment

Try not to touch the ISO. Only time you will really need to up the ISO is in really dark situations when you don't have a tripod to hold the camera stead with a long shutter speed. You can tell a photo has high ISO because the grains in the image are very visable

What camera do you have. On the Nikons, the shutter speed is usually the wheel on your RH thumb. Scroll it either way and while looking through the viewfinder, you'll see the +/- indicator go up or down. The camera automatically detects how much light is being let through the lens so you'll want to get that indicator dead in the middle. This is obviously all on manual mode.
                Last edited by morganluke; 13-08-2011, 07:54 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Well I went out and shot a few random things tell me what you think!

Artistic GTI pics 016 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 052 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 048 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 044 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 035 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 051 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 055 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 029 by heco94, on Flickr

Artistic GTI pics 033 by heco94, on Flickr
                  Last edited by Heco94; 13-08-2011, 10:30 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

44 and 29 are nice. Not bad for a pns.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by melv View Post
                        nice silvia!
                        GO BIG OR GO HOME......! - Tom Meents

http://www.facebook.com/groups/168570329649/ <--- Click like if u Own a Trx...
                        http://www.antrx.com <--- If u own a U12 or U13 join up
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/170568079203/----- check this out if Ur a Fan of Destruction

Comment

So I went over to my neightbors house and took a few pictures of his Hot Rod. I forgot to ask the specs, but I know its supercharged and has tons of work to it.

By the way, not all of them are very good. A few are just showing the car...

Photography 072 by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 071 (2)a by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 085 by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 083 by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 074 by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 081a by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 079 by heco94, on Flickr

It just looks so good in B&W

Photography 071 (2)sa by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 083; by heco94, on Flickr

Photography 074l by heco94, on Flickr

Tell me what you guys think! This is all with a P&S and I think there coming out pretty good after doing my research.

www.FroKnowsPhoto.com was a HUGE help! check it out if you guys are interested...
                          sigpic

Comment

D80's are awesome i've got a d80 to

Comment

This is the best pic I've taken so far with my P&S.
                              Old pic tho.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morganluke View Post
                                Try not to touch the ISO. Only time you will really need to up the ISO is in really dark situations when you don't have a tripod to hold the camera stead with a long shutter speed. You can tell a photo has high ISO because the grains in the image are very visable

What camera do you have. On the Nikons, the shutter speed is usually the wheel on your RH thumb. Scroll it either way and while looking through the viewfinder, you'll see the +/- indicator go up or down. The camera automatically detects how much light is being let through the lens so you'll want to get that indicator dead in the middle. This is obviously all on manual mode.
                                The "+/- indicator" you're talking about is for increasing/decreasing the exposure, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with ISO speed.

ISO speed is actually important, and you should play around with it to get proper settings in different circumstances.
                                For example shooting as 1.4 f stop at ISO100 does not give as sharp an image as ISO600 when shooting in crazy bright sun light.
                                That's just an example from my experiences. The best way to learn is by doing and experimenting.
                                An easy way to do this by finding a piece of work/image you like, and try to replicate it.

Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X