Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs Whiteline

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renting lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting lenses

Hey guys,

just wanted to gather some opinions on renting lenses...i really want to try taking photos with a 70mm lens for my 300D, but ive heard theyre rather pricey. Seeing as it is what the photographer used at le dorifto on friday and his pics turned out MAAD, i want to try it.

So i was wondering, where do you go to rent lenses? Or would someone on here with a 70mm lend it to me for cheaper?
    Owner of a Toyota Corolla, JDM status pending. See it here!

Visit my Flickr! You know you want to! And like my facebook page here!

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Google is your friend. Though when I was searching, even renting was pricey. Sure someone here has that lens. But of you ever want to try a wide angle, I got a tokina 11-16 you can borrow.

Comment

Depends what you want... are you asking for a 24-70 or a 70-200?
      sigpic

View Portfolio
      Contact Us

Comment

well im looking at something good for WTAC and possibly twilight drifting, so 70-200 would probably better.

ecks got some sample pics?

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

This is Bunny.Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Sorry to say mate but I really don't like your chances of finding a 70-200 on such late notice on a weekend like this...

Anyway, here's a shot from Ecky's 11-16... this was @ 16mm on a Full Frame so would be approx it's crop sensor equivalent at 11mm...

I was standing about 50cm from the front of the car facing down FYI
          sigpic

View Portfolio
          Contact Us

Comment

David what lens would you recommend for taking pics at the track, from spectator spots AND for media spots at night? My camera has trouble at the twilight drifts because of the floodlights....everything turns out too dark except the lights, was thinking maybe the lens could sorta fix this?

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

What the... Dave my good man. Why haven't you sent me those awesome pics??

Comment

Seb: Say hi if you see me around on Saturday or at twilight sometime and I'll I've you a crash course.

Ecky: I've been busy getting shit ready for SuperFap and my car rig.

Keep an eye on this board, I'll post some stuff soon.
                sigpic

View Portfolio
                Contact Us

Comment

whats the next twilight youre going to? i'd like to meet up next one i'm going to is on the 19th.

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X