Super Cheap Auto Castrol Edge Michelin Go Fast Bits Shannons Insurance Haltech Ryobi Century Batteries WD-40 KYB NTK NGK Spark Plugs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Camera Gear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice hojo! I'm jealous man. How come you haven't gone Full Frame yet if you are getting another 7D? haha.

I'm looking for a another camera bag guys, anyone have suggestions? I currently have the Pro Runner 350aw, Its huge, so i'm looking for a smaller bag that can carry my camera, a couple lenses, but a lot of space for personal things too so i can take it while i travel. the bag i'm currently looking at is the Lowepro Orion Day pack: http://www.lowepro.com/oriondaypack It has a lot of space in the top compartment while still storing a lot of stuff in the bottom. Anyone have some recommendations? I was also looking at a Kata bag after my GF's Dad said thats what Ken Duncan uses and suggested he should use too.
    sigpic
    Flickr | My 1995 Nissan Silvia S14 Q's!

Comment

• Canon 7D Gripped

Canon 24-105 ƒ4.0L IS USM
      Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
      Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
      Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

Comment

• I'd just like to add that for the new camera bag i'm looking at, I'd like something that can hold my 7D and atleast two lenses, I'd like to carry a 24-105mm and my 10-22mm. I'd like to be able to carry my Ipad with me aswell, and also a lot of space for personal items. Thats why i liked the Orion Daypack, But i'm considering a Lowepro 22L Hatchback. Any suggestions guys?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brucey View Post
          I'd just like to add that for the new camera bag i'm looking at, I'd like something that can hold my 7D and atleast two lenses, I'd like to carry a 24-105mm and my 10-22mm. I'd like to be able to carry my Ipad with me aswell, and also a lot of space for personal items. Thats why i liked the Orion Daypack, But i'm considering a Lowepro 22L Hatchback. Any suggestions guys?
          both are nice i would recommend that you look at the next size up, always better to have a little more space.

this is a good bag http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks/fastpack-350

fats

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestion fats, I think that the bags i mentioned are the biggest they come in. The fastpack looks pretty good! It doesn't look like it has a lot of personal space at the top though, which is fairly key for me.

Its actually one reason i love the Hatchback bag, you can take out the camera compartment out when you don't want to shoot, then it is a normal backpack.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brucey View Post
              Nice hojo! I'm jealous man. How come you haven't gone Full Frame yet if you are getting another 7D? haha...
              Hahah, thanks mate! It was a very spur-of-the-moment purchase. As you can possibly tell with my previous lens purchases, I've slowly been building up my gear to suit a full-frame DSLR. I still am planning on getting a full-frame, but I was never going to buy one this year. I bought another 7D for a couple reasons:

- The newly purchased 7D is newer
              - It has done a hell of a lot less photos than my current one
              - It's to replace my 600D as my secondary camera.

I wasn't buying it to replace my 7D, more like have either the UWA or tele lens on one 7D and have the 24-70mm on the other and not lose any image quality since they're from the same model camera. Right now my secondary camera is a 600D, and I'm afraid it's not cutting to my expectations any more- especially when I can't get out of a high ISO situation...

Originally posted by Brucey View Post
              ... I'm looking for a another camera bag guys, anyone have suggestions? I currently have the Pro Runner 350aw, Its huge, so i'm looking for a smaller bag that can carry my camera, a couple lenses, but a lot of space for personal things too so i can take it while i travel. the bag i'm currently looking at is the Lowepro Orion Day pack: http://www.lowepro.com/oriondaypack It has a lot of space in the top compartment while still storing a lot of stuff in the bottom. Anyone have some recommendations? I was also looking at a Kata bag after my GF's Dad said thats what Ken Duncan uses and suggested he should use too.
              Originally posted by fatmanmedi View Post
              both are nice i would recommend that you look at the next size up, always better to have a little more space.

this is a good bag http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks/fastpack-350

fats
              I have a Lowepro FastPack 350 as my primary bag when I go out with most of my gear. IMHO it's a great bag for when you need a lot of gear with you. When it comes to bare essentials, I end up using my old Canon sling bag- which I want to retire and replace for something a little better for my shoulder (there is a backpack that I'm looking at, just can't remember which series it was...). I do like using the 350, especially when I need to lug around a lot of gear everywhere, depending on how you've got the bag on your back, it can be comfortable with the amount of weight that's in it.

The FastPack 350 is a little on the big side, it can carry a 17" laptop if needed. IMO the 250 might be a better option- it's smaller, you can fit your iPad (or 15" laptop) in the back, you can still fit a 70-200mm lens in it too (but it'd have to be on the DSLR). The top section of the 350 usually has my spare batteries for both camera and flashguns, it has either one or two flashguns, some camera accessories, and depending on what lenses I have in the bag it sometimes has my secondary DSLR body. And it can still fit a hoodie- mind you it's a thin-ish one.

EDIT: BTW Kata bags are UNBELIEVABLY expensive! Before I bought my Lowepro I was looking at different bags and found out that my brother's camera bag was a Kata bag. Googled the same series as what he's got and had the shock of my life. They are nice bags, but I honestly can't justify buying one...
              Last edited by hojo; 23-04-2013, 07:44 PM.
              Cartel Imagery
              Flickr
              - Canon EOS 7D x2
              - 50mm f1.4 | 11-16mm f2.8 II | 30mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8 VC/IS | 70-200mm f2.8 IS
              - Speedlite 430 EX II | Speedlite 580 EX II

2002 KJ2 Ei Diamante
              THREE-POINT-EIGHT

Comment

• Heres mine, which is similar to the Hatchback. You can remove the padded section, and have a standard backpack. Very cheap as well!
                http://forums.mightycarmods.com/show...l=1#post191551
                Canon 1Ds 24-105mm f4L
                Flickr

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

• if you think kata bags are expensive check out the main bag that i use

http://www.billingham.co.uk/acatalog...amera_Bag.html

have you had a look at tamrac's stuff http://www.tamrac.co.uk/pages/evolutionbp.html i dont use them myself but i know a few people who do and they love them.

fats

Comment

• I heart my Kata bag
                    Cartel Imagery
                    Flickr

Nikon D7000
                    Nikon 35mm
                    Tokina 11-16mm
                    Nikon 55-300mm
                    Tamron 70-300mm

Comment

• See my signature... 2x 5D Mark III, 16-35 f/2.8L, 24-70 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 100 macro f/2.8L (go f/2.8 or go home!), Speedlites, Crumpler and Think Tank bags (about five of them).
                      www.tangcla.com - automotive photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
                      100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5

Comment

• Canon 5D Mark II
                        24-105mm f4 L
                        16-35mm f/2.8 L
                        50mm f/1.8
                        18-55mm Kit lens modified to fit EF mount.
                        Rapid Strap RS-5
                        Vanguard UpRise top loader
                        Velbon tripod
                        Canon IXUS 200HS and Flip Ultra HD for video.
                        Last edited by styleofhabit; 29-04-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Just added a Nikon D600 to my collection:

http://www.facebook.com/mitchellbairdphotography

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

• Canon EOS 5D MKII
                            Canon EOS 50D
                            Canon 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM
                            Canon 14-40mm f/4.0L USM
                            Sigma EX DG 50mm f/1.4
                            Sigma EX DG 14mm f/2.8 Fisheye
                            Lensbaby
                            Vanguard tripod
                            Some shitty wireless remote
                            32GB SD
                            Manfrotto Suctioncup stand
                            Sony HandyCam for movies + lending some GoProes, soon getting my own + a Contour actioncam

Comment

• Yeah this is good i am here i just want to say you that i am using Canon D3600 and this is good camera to make the photographs of every thing i am mostly take weddings and other places like natural type photos and this is best camera to make this photos .........
                              Best photographer in gold coast...Learn Here | photographer gold coast

Comment

• Bit of an update on the camera bag search, Taking everyones advice into account i have two bags to decide from; The Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L or The Kata Digital Rucksack 465-D. Both seem to have a huge amount of personal space but also enough room for my gear. The Lowepro seems a little thinner than the Kata, so i'm leaning towards the Lowepro.

Heres some links for the bags:
                                http://www.kata-bags.com/dr-465-dl-f...sh-ktdl-dr-465
                                http://www.lowepro.com/photo-hatchback-aw

Has anyone got experience with that type of Kata bag?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X